Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Just need to wait on someone putting out an ultrawide patch. It's ok, I can wait, I just finished my first 380 hour playthrough a month or so ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!

Black Griffon posted:

Oh I just got it to work (at least better rumble, did you know the cutscenes are long?)! Paradoxically, you have to disable PS controller support in general steam settings. Will report back about the triggers once I get the chance to lift stuff.

e: Can confirm that everything works as it should, and it rules. It was literally unplayable the other way.

I've been looking for this answer since directors cut was announced for PC. I know what I'm doing when i get home!

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

It's so worth it.

Aoi posted:

Just need to wait on someone putting out an ultrawide patch. It's ok, I can wait, I just finished my first 380 hour playthrough a month or so ago.

Ultrawide is one of the Director's Cut features, isn't it?

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Black Griffon posted:

It's so worth it.

Ultrawide is one of the Director's Cut features, isn't it?

Limited ultrawide, unfortunately. Sufficient for most!

edit: It goes up to 3000somethingx1440 (or whatever kojima's special cinematic resolution is), but I have a 5120x1440 monitor.

Still way better than, like, Elden Ring! Or the vast majority of non-pc-only, and especially Japanese, titles.

The only downside is that DLSS starts getting weird (most notably with the road material flying into straight up into the sky instead flying off at a weird angle), possibly because it's a custom resolution, so I couldn't use it. Still worked just fine for me overall, with solid frames.

Aoi fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Mar 30, 2022

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Windows does a bunch of stupid poo poo with a DS5 plugged in including turning off the haptics if you don’t let it be an audio device.

I used one to play FFXIV because it seemed like a neat idea and I had to find a command line option to launch it without steam to make steam stop trying to force its own controller driver on me, and also play with the sound constantly coming out of the speaker in the controller because if I muted it or tried to use a different audio device the haptics stopped working.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Wow...they made the game extremely easy. All of these new things they throw at you extremely early and I haven't noticed anything to offset it yet.
Hopefully later on they'll introduce some more dangerous enemies.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

History Comes Inside! posted:

Windows does a bunch of stupid poo poo with a DS5 plugged in including turning off the haptics if you don’t let it be an audio device.

I used one to play FFXIV because it seemed like a neat idea and I had to find a command line option to launch it without steam to make steam stop trying to force its own controller driver on me, and also play with the sound constantly coming out of the speaker in the controller because if I muted it or tried to use a different audio device the haptics stopped working.

The DS5 might actually be using an audio stream for the haptics. IIRC that's how it works for the Switch joycon haptics.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Jack Trades posted:

Wow...they made the game extremely easy. All of these new things they throw at you extremely early and I haven't noticed anything to offset it yet.
Hopefully later on they'll introduce some more dangerous enemies.

The combat wasn't exactly too difficult in the first place IMHO

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Improbable Lobster posted:

The combat wasn't exactly too difficult in the first place IMHO

I mean, yeah, that's the problem. It was already easy and now it's way easier.

I guess I'll see how it shakes out later in the game. Maybe Very Hard will compensate for it a little.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The combat is completely incidental to the actual game which is going from A to B and sometimes C and D with a whole bunch of poo poo on your back, so who cares.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Really pleased by how cheap the upgrade was! Considering Kingdoms of Amalur tried to get fifteen quid out of me for almost nothing.

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
So.. the only way to get my old save is to reinstall the OG version and export it?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Imaginary Friend posted:

So.. the only way to get my old save is to reinstall the OG version and export it?

Yup! Iiiit's dumb~

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Yeah the combat in DS apart from the more railroaded parts have always been a bit like the combat in NMS. It can feel satisfying and it's fun to upgrade your arsenal, but it's mostly just atmosphere. I started out on Very Hard this time though, so I'm sure it'll be a little bit tense.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

y'all probably farther already than I am, just got to the wind farm, but I'm on VH and I actually got busted on the way from not having enough stamina (and i forgot to try throwing EX grenades at the grabby fuckers :doh:). Never got busted on hard unless I wanted to be

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm not entirely keen on being on very hard for boss fights or for any parts where you have to sneak past the BTs because that was the parts of the game I actually disliked.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i turned down from very hard on the stupid trench parts. some of the gold animal fights are manageable, but still, not what I'm here for. Just need my super ranks on packages.

smh at having to reinstall the game to export my save to then download the director's cut as it's own thing. They really couldn't have figured out some DLCesque way to slot in the new stuff, thought it was just some new tinkey toys anyway.

night slime
May 14, 2014
They actually made mule camps difficult on very hard because there's several knockout turrets they run to now. I forget if they gave them regular guns as well. And the trench parts are awful on very hard

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Did they add new music? Heard a song in a random mission that was new to me and not the usual sadmo joint, only heard a bit before spooky zone music though. Song was Control

Is Buddy Bot different from the delivery bots I already had?

Love Shovel
Apr 25, 2010

Khanstant posted:

Is Buddy Bot different from the delivery bots I already had?

Yeah AFAIK the buddy bot actually follows you around, while the delivery ones just went from Point A to Point B, doing a terrible job

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Would turning down difficulty in trenches and such affect anything? Is there an achievement for not changing difficulty or anything like that?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Black Griffon posted:

Would turning down difficulty in trenches and such affect anything? Is there an achievement for not changing difficulty or anything like that?

No, the only trophy related thing difficulty impacts is the one for getting the delivery rankings you can only get on harder difficulties, and if you’re going to do those you probably want to wait until the end of the game when you have all your toys anyway.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

No, you can turn the difficulty to Very Hard for a single delivery to get the trophy and then turn the game back down to Normal or whatever. It doesn't matter.

Efb

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Nice, I'll probably adjust it more based on level of annoyance then. There's certainly parts I want to be harder, but I suspect I'll get just as annoyed as anyone else at the trenches.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Stare-Out posted:

No, you can turn the difficulty to Very Hard for a single delivery to get the trophy and then turn the game back down to Normal or whatever. It doesn't matter.

Efb

You have to do 20 of each of the different delivery types on harder difficulties to get one of the trophies. I wanna say it’s 4 different types, so a minimum of 80 deliveries in the very unlikely event that the RNG gives you exactly what you need every time you go somewhere.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Lol look at all the holes in my zipline system oh nooo

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Anyone know if the PC version has the Dual sense trigger stuff and haptic feedback

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Anyone know if the PC version has the Dual sense trigger stuff and haptic feedback

Yes.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

If you look upthread a bit you'll see how to get it working in case it doesn't work for you.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Kojima's moving to a new studio, sadly there will be no Ludens hallway.

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1509505031115993097

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
It turned out having a microwave hallway to your office as a security measure was a little bit too effective.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Does the game ever give an explanation to white Sams giving you stuff during boss fights or is it just a gameplay thing that never gets acknowledged?

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Jack Trades posted:

Does the game ever give an explanation to white Sams giving you stuff during boss fights or is it just a gameplay thing that never gets acknowledged?

The game pretty much canonically exists in a world where multiverse theory is confirmed, and the chiral network links those realities together. It's how 'Your friend V' wound up stranded in Sam's world rather than Night City, why Cubes keep showing up, and, in the non-tie-in side of things, it's why various preppers keep commenting on how often Sam seems to show up, sometimes implausibly quickly with new orders just after he left.

They're other Sams, giving you a hand (the tar links the past and other worlds alike, which is how old buildings and vehicles and stuff rise out of it). (and also a gameplay thing, other players tossing items they had on them during the fight to help out)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Shoehead posted:

Lol look at all the holes in my zipline system oh nooo

haha had that same problem at first, but then zipping around it loaded in more of my own and i only had to plug up a few gaps here and there, usually also places where upgrading the zip might've worked. haven't really connected or seen any body elses zips though, maybe since i have so drat many in the mountains already, just too hard for the game to find someone compatible.

I drank too much timefall beer out of curiosity if you try to drink after getting 25% boost and lol at Drunk Sam. Afterwards they replaced the beer with energy drink. Drinking 3 cans is still disturbing, but I feel better him not getting drunk before every adventure.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Director's Cut has some lovely performance compared to the original. General framerate seems the same but certain effects, such as using the Odradek, cause huge framerate drops.
It's not deal breaking but fairly annoying.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

The odarek drop is a weird bug. Hopefully noticeable enough that they'll fix it, along with right touchpad not activating briefings.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I did a little tour of the Central Region to get all my buildings to load in again, which was fun but not having played since last year did get me eaten by a BT.

I've noticed some fun stuff like a new haunted area by the incinerator with weird bts floating in it and even better for me by Mountain Knot There seems to be a new chunk of road to lay out

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Khanstant posted:

i turned down from very hard on the stupid trench parts. some of the gold animal fights are manageable, but still, not what I'm here for. Just need my super ranks on packages.

smh at having to reinstall the game to export my save to then download the director's cut as it's own thing. They really couldn't have figured out some DLCesque way to slot in the new stuff, thought it was just some new tinkey toys anyway.

Guess I'm glad I was planning on starting a new save anyway, haha

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Love Shovel posted:

Yeah AFAIK the buddy bot actually follows you around, while the delivery ones just went from Point A to Point B, doing a terrible job
I went from ignoring the buddy delivery bots on launch, to using them to send out "Some materials are better than none!" deliveries to places I was not heading to myself at the time on my replay.

Though nothing beats skimming off the top when your material storage is full or nearly so. Especially if you intend to ever upgrade ziplines to rank 3 instead of calling it a day at 2. 5 star chemical storage capacity is often less than what you need for that. Still, feels good to beat up a mule camp, and then dump a pittance of supplies compared to your wheat farm's stockpile just from turning spare material into barrels. Instead of beating up several mule camps and not having enough materials for your next vanity project.

Unrelated, gently caress yeah sticky gun. I ignored it on launch, and then adored it after that. Sticky gun is so good it can even (Late game gear tutorial spoilers) let you not need to bother with a gas mask in the gas mask tutorial. Though mostly it is nice to have for every prank "We spawned the boxes floating down a river, go get it!" moment.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

can you actually use your handy dandy rope on BTs, like before getting the cord cutter or anything? I coulda swore I read that at somepoint, or maybe I confused it with the bola gun