Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

not often we get the good weather here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
good poo poo 🌝

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

love that little moon emoji

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/jacques_lakan/status/1507554231339077636

:hmmyes:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:hmmyes:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I want to spend 20 years in the forest but idk how to find one that will be safe from forest fires for that long

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i think there are some wet forests that haven't been turned into Wet Forest View developments starting from the low 950,000s

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

what a steal

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
from indigenous people

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
i just got back from Belize and their forests are wet as heck, getting rain during the dry season and everything, everything's fine!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

thinking about that Wet rear end Pine

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

resistance only makes my pines harder

Beyond ReTarTed.
Dec 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
by 2022 you should have your second or third rung of your social network completely filled with homeless friends

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

Corla Plankun posted:

i just got back from Belize
cw: parasites

my wife brought back two little baby botflies, feels bad man

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I bet it's satisfying when they pull them out though

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Corla Plankun posted:

cw: parasites

my wife brought back two little baby botflies, feels bad man

i was down in hopkins belize spearfishing lionfish a while ago and the sharks have learned to wait for the people to kill them (i was recording):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4QNtzZJcc

edited to fix location, near the town of hopkins belize

EIDE Van Hagar fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 4, 2022

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

wow! i went on a snorkling trip where we swam with those exact sharks and i don't know hardly anything about the ocean so i was really concerned when i saw it swim under the boat as we were getting out

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
you guys like sharks? i got a good shark feeding video in the bahamas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU3hGHb-raA

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
did you get to do any of the caves in belize? there are some good ones. i did hopkins and my deepest dive ever (130 feet) at the blue hole. there is small hotel on long caye, in the building that used to be the old field hospital for divers that gets to the blue hole first every morning because boats from the mainland are another hour away. since it used to be the place to bring divers who hosed up, they have the old decompression chamber, which is the breakfast bar now:

and from the other end, they’d put you in here:

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
did you consider faking your death in the decompression chamber and moving to belize

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
being stuck inside a diving decompression chamber because i have the bends is like top 5 fears for me so nope i just never want to be in there.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

did you get to do any of the caves in belize? there are some good ones. i did hopkins and my deepest dive ever (130 feet) at the blue hole. there is small hotel on long caye, in the building that used to be the old field hospital for divers that gets to the blue hole first every morning because boats from the mainland are another hour away. since it used to be the place to bring divers who hosed up, they have the old decompression chamber, which is the breakfast bar now:

and from the other end, they’d put you in here:

thats awesome! we started in the cayo district and did a really chill tube & hike through a cave. It was really fun but honestly the caves in the TX hill country are so good that I was a little underwhelmed by the Belize version and i didn't really care for the probably-utterly-tainted-by-colonialism Mayan history stuff. The jungle loving whips rear end though and it was fun to float through. I already want to go back and hike again. I took a shitload of pictures (probably 85% birds) but i haven't gone through them yet.

Corla Plankun fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Apr 4, 2022

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
who found my cave? him name hopkins deep cave. ps I'll spelunk my cave

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

it's monday, so yeah.. not really feeling this "tech" thing

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

who found my cave? him name hopkins deep cave. ps I'll spelunk my cave

:golfclap:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://twitter.com/powpow1607/status/1512241315999854594

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

my first big trip of the season is planned for memorial weekend, looking forward to it

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i want to go backpacking soon

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I’m LEAVING tomorrow MORNING to see some GODDAMN NATURE

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

PokeJoe posted:

i want to go backpacking soon

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

me getting high sierra permits in early january: with all this snow we've been getting, an early july start day will be no problem. glad i woke up early to get this popular permit right away :yum:
me in april watching tioga pass be a week or two away from being ready to open: :shepicide:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

last time I went backpacking some guy and his son showed up to my group's campfire at like...8pm? It wasn't that long of a trail so they just got started pretty late. They asked if they could camp in the flat area next to us in the forest and I said sure but there's a bunch of broken glass there, which is why our tents are off further away. He got real mad and said "well what happened???" Well I broke a bunch of glass on the ground in the only level area so you had to walk further obviously!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I took a long weekend and went to Zion and Grand Canyon. We got to Zion super early and the rising sun made for some spectacular views. my partner took a lot more pictures but here are some of the non-selfie ones I took.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
sweet

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
looks great

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I should add that those pics are stunning in HDR, but I don’t know how to get HDR images off my apple phone

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

ride bike

submit post

solo winter bikepacking on a mountain?

dumb rear end
numb hands

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
good fuckin poo poo man

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I just got my first check from touching computer and it's just in my account and I sent huge chunks of it to people but there's enough left to buy idk a shelf for my closet. And there's more of these computer touching checks coming if I maintain milestones which are mostly makework rituals with low stakes?

I don't know how you could ever leave this behind, omg this feels so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

money is nice but

hear me out