Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I wonder if the bird flu outbreak affected Costco chickens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Went to the business costco today for a new adventure. Was very tempted to buy like a whole pork butt but I realized I couldnt fit it into my freezer and it would take my husband and I like a year to eat it.

However. I did buy 6lbs of shredded potatoes. same price as my local grocery store for 1lb. gently caress yeah.

Also 5lbs of shredded mozz because I make a lot of pizza at home. gently caress eeeeyah

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Has anyone gotten appliances installed by Costco? I have a washer and dryer (electric) coming Wednesday, not sure what to expect. Will they replace the water hoses? If not, could I get some new ones from Lowes and ask them to use that?

I was very happy that Costco offered free installation and haul-away where everywhere else I saw made you pay extra for that.

PBUC.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Wayne Knight posted:

Has anyone gotten appliances installed by Costco? I have a washer and dryer (electric) coming Wednesday, not sure what to expect. Will they replace the water hoses? If not, could I get some new ones from Lowes and ask them to use that?

I was very happy that Costco offered free installation and haul-away where everywhere else I saw made you pay extra for that.

PBUC.

Definitely go get a set of steel braided hoses, they’d probably just hook up whatever it comes with which is probably not that.

Keep the receipt if you don’t need em just in case though!

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Wayne Knight posted:

PBUC.

My experience was NOT great, but it was also not the end of the world.
Long story short the dryer died, so we got a new set. They hauled the old ones off, great.
They set the new ones up... okay. They ran a test load in the washing machine, but forgot to take out the owners manual and detergent samples and whatnot so that all got wrecked.
I give them grace because it was Black Friday and they were mega busy. Make sure you get all that stuff out of the machine before they start the test run.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
here for the Rao's discussion

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
Went to church, mostly just got staples, foster farms chicken wings, also Kirkland chicken wings, Normandy blend, parmesan "cheese", pesto, tried the frozen brussel sprouts with bacon, also got 2 kinds of cauliflower rice, some big hard plastic containers, they were $9 and like 20 @ big box hardware store, also couple fold up chairs having nerds over to play magic this weekend.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Red Robin Hood posted:

its quite good

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Red Robin Hood posted:

Yup, I need to get another flat of that. I have one jar left.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Ultimate Mango posted:

Yup, I need to get another flat of that. I have one jar left.

You'd definitely fit in in the video game deals thread (touch my claw)

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Kinda new to Costco. Have they ever run additional deals on Playstation gift cards? I saw them do it once on Xbox and Nintendo like earlier this year. Really nice buying $100 credit for $80

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Wayne Knight posted:

PBUC.

Got a new fridge from them. You'll read wildly different reviews, and it always comes down to the local company Costco subcontracts to do the delivery and install. I mustve gotten lucky. They installed it just fine and were super nice.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

silicone thrills posted:

Also 5lbs of shredded mozz because I make a lot of pizza at home. gently caress eeeeyah

You absolute imbecile. You oaf. You do not make homemade pizza with pre-shredded cheese. The cellulose they coat the shreds in makes it terrible. You must atone for your sins and begin shredding your own cheese. The difference will be incredible.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

i hate shredding cheese, i probably just need a better cheese grater but drat that poo poo sucks to do

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Johnny Truant posted:

i hate shredding cheese, i probably just need a better cheese grater but drat that poo poo sucks to do

Do you not have music that you shred cheese to?

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Johnny Truant posted:

Get a food processor and turn into a cheese shredding GOD

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Do you not have music that you shred cheese to?

I shred cheese to Spotify's "Italian Cooking Music" playlist

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Just play Dean Martin’s greatest hits at 120 Db

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Red Robin Hood posted:

I shred cheese to Spotify's "Italian Cooking Music" playlist

Nice. This is mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXFSK0ogeg4

phongn
Oct 21, 2006

Johnny Truant posted:

Microplane's box graters are great, but also not at Costco :(

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Johnny Truant posted:

But it's only like 2-3 minutes of suffering.

When you grate the gigantic costco block of cheese, it's easier if you cut it in half and freeze it for a couple of minutes. The colder it is, the firmer, and the easier to shred.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

esperantinc posted:

Get a food processor and turn into a cheese shredding GOD

Why the gently caress did my dumb rear end never think about this?!

Renegret posted:

But it's only like 2-3 minutes of suffering.

When you grate the gigantic costco block of cheese, it's easier if you cut it in half and freeze it for a couple of minutes. The colder it is, the firmer, and the easier to shred.

Or this?!?! :psyduck:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Putting a big block of Tillamook cheddar in the food processor and shredding it for mac and cheese is magic.

Also shredded cheese just tastes better than slices.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Johnny Truant posted:

For what it's worth, I don't follow my own advice.

I discovered it by accident when I didn't take the cheese out of the freezer soon enough and I found the partially frozen block was significantly easier to shred and gave very nice and clean long shreds of cheese. But doing that in the future requires pre-planning which I suck at. So instead I just brute force the cheese and suffer through a difficult shred since it all tastes the same in the end.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

The Midniter posted:

You absolute imbecile. You oaf. You do not make homemade pizza with pre-shredded cheese. The cellulose they coat the shreds in makes it terrible. You must atone for your sins and begin shredding your own cheese. The difference will be incredible.

God this. I make my own pizza about once a month (sometimes two, average is probably like 1.2 home made pizzas monthly, using my own dough) and moving up to block cheese from pre-shredded was loving huge.

That said

Johnny Truant posted:

:stare:

BRB putting mozzarella in the freezer

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i just make my sous chef grate the cheese for me

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I think cheese is grate

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

PokeJoe posted:

i just make my sous chef grate the cheese for me

This is a net loss if you are the one peelin potatoes/vegetables instead though

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Renegret posted:

brute force the cheese

Amazing username/album title potential here

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
tired: leftover taco salad.

wired: nachos loaded with 505

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

The Midniter posted:

MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!!!!! :2bong:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

aight well tonight i'm gonna shred the poo poo out of some cheese in my food processor and make 505 nachos

praise be unto costco (thread)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Get some sodium citrate and make your own nuclear cheese goo

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Just dump the industrial sized can of nacho cheese on your pizza. It's already melted for you.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

its all nice on rice posted:

Just dump the industrial sized can of nacho cheese on your pizza. It's already melted for you.

Just dip the pizza in the giant can of Que Bueno.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Get the Robert Irvine Fit Crunch bars. The macros are great and it tastes like a candy bar. I honestly have no idea how the macros are that good. It's the best tasting protein bar I've had by far.

Thanks for this rec! They are very tasty and a great addition to my protein sources.

I’ll try the Kirkland stuff after these and see if I like them.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Just in case this wasn't immediately obvious - you will want to use a grating attachment for the food processor. It works very well. I don't think throwing a block of cheese into the regular blades would work too great. Or maybe it would, I dunno. Use the attachment.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Witnessed a blessing at church today.

Was on my way out and the guy in front of me had four flats of bottled water in his cart. The receipt checker saw there were five on his receipt and immediately stopped him, had somebody come out to verify it and they refunded him on the spot.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Weird because my blessing also involved flats of bottled water. I was witness to a miracle of watching a fat bald dude with paunch hanging out from under a "FNN: Fake News Network" t shirt try to lift the water over the side of his truck and fail and drop it on his toe. Then his wife yelled at him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

You should have said hello, I won’t bite