Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
This is also probably the best Dodgers team of the past decade though. Anything under 100 wins would be seen as a pretty big disappointment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Popete posted:

The Angels are so frustrating, sign some drat pitching and get Trout/Ohtani to the playoffs.

Hey they probably have 3 good starters now!

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Hey they probably have 3 good starters now!

O/U Ohtani/Thor/Sandoval 2022 IP set at 350 and I'm taking the under lol.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Carlosologist posted:

imo everything about the Red Sox screams average so a mid to low 80 win projection makes sense. The Yanks are definitely a 90+ win team if they all stay healthy, which is a big lol but their ceiling is definitely higher

If their pitching holds up, Boston is a contender for the division, if it doesn't...welp

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

howe_sam posted:

If their pitching holds up, Boston is a contender for the division, if it doesn't...welp

This post just extended Chris Sale's IL stay.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Chris Sale's already out for an extended time - what do you mean if it holds up? It already hasn't!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Carlosologist posted:

imo everything about the Red Sox screams average so a mid to low 80 win projection makes sense. The Yanks are definitely a 90+ win team if they all stay healthy, which is a big lol but their ceiling is definitely higher

Yeah, it feels like there's been this echo chamber of "lost decade/blow it all up" Yankee fans and people happy to see it that has resulting in a 92 win team predicted to win 91 or 88 as "overestimated."

The Yankee season is of course going to come down to health, a bunch of key players rebounding, and a ton of luck but no one should be surprised to see them in it this year.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Popete posted:

The Angels are so frustrating, sign some drat pitching and get Trout/Ohtani to the playoffs.

In a universe where the Angels re-sign Greinke instead of signing Josh Hamilton do they have more than one playoff appearance in the last decade? Obviously that is just one move but it feels like a major inflection point.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Any alternate timeline where the Angels have good pitching probably includes Mike Trout turning into a worse Randal Grichuk I think because that's how it works

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Popete posted:

This is also probably the best Dodgers team of the past decade though. Anything under 100 wins would be seen as a pretty big disappointment.
While I agree that anything under 100 wins would be seen as a disappointment, I’m not sure I buy that this is the best Dodgers roster of recent years or that 100 wins is a lowball projection.

I think people are fooled a bit by the Freeman acquisition and how the lineup looks on paper, which is of course banger. This roster imo lacks some of the depth that say the ‘17 squad had, when Chris Taylor and Kiké Hernandez were coming off the bench, or the '19 team which had Tony Gonsolin and his 2.93 ERA receive the 8th most starts.

And there’s plenty of injury risk and question marks as all teams have: Kershaw, Muncy, Bellinger, Lux, May, etc

Of course I hope it all breaks right and they shatter the all time wins record, but my main concern is that they make it to October with everyone healthy.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 6, 2022

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I don’t understand how Law has the Tigers in last place when they made significant additions to their team and their young starting rotation continues to improve. Meanwhile, the Guardians traded everyone.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Kirios posted:

Chris Sale's already out for an extended time - what do you mean if it holds up? It already hasn't!

To be honest, he was hurt so early into spring training I didn't even consider him as part of the active rotation. At this point he's like Paxton, potential reinforcements to bolster the rotation.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Joey Thotto

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

FlamingLiberal posted:

I don’t understand how Law has the Tigers in last place when they made significant additions to their team and their young starting rotation continues to improve. Meanwhile, the Guardians traded everyone.

Yeah, the Tigers were over .500 after April last season. Stealthy team.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

They didn't trade anybody and still have a Cy Young and MVP candidate.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/Jp3538/status/1511708642751492098?t=DrCYXUwNRA0hL-VxLm8vGA&s=19

Uhhhhh

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
YEAR 10 BEGINS TOMORROW

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
https://twitter.com/katiejwoo/status/1511787178694746125?s=20&t=yBAJVo_6XFCuzLR8yh3dgQ

poo poo yes!!!! I’m all in again baby

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

bawfuls posted:

I realize the Dodgers have averaged like 103 wins a year for the past 5 seasons but winning 100+ games is in fact pretty tough and can easily be derailed by any number of random things like injuries

The Dodgers and Giants also benefited from the total collapse of the Padres. The Dodgers won 9 in a row against them in Aug/Sep.

Even if the Padres are just mediocre this year, it'll completely change the division outcomes.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/StephenNelson/status/1511781364772839428

They went out and got Suzuki so I'm not too mad about the whole Correa thing, but :lol: at "we totally made him a huge offer, honest guys, we just never got his new agent's number."

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Well his new agent is some nobody, it's not like they've ever had a client from Scott Boras. Honest mistake!!

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Luckily for the Cubs, he'll be a free agent again next year. I'm sure they'll offer it to him again.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

The poor guy misses most of the year, and has hit triple digits innings once in his career back 5 years ago in A Ball. No way this plan end poorly, but good luck.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

GoatSeeGuy posted:

The poor guy misses most of the year, and has hit triple digits innings once in his career back 5 years ago in A Ball. No way this plan end poorly, but good luck.
Yeah I’m very confused about this, because i watched him pitch in a rehab outing in Jacksonville last September and he left the game after not even recording one out.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
He was also sitting 2-3 MPH lower on his sinker last year. Which was still upper 90's but not exactly the trend I want to see in a guy I plan to move from the pen to the rotation. Maybe they just plan to use him as an extended 2-3 inning opener and then have the bullpen piggyback off him?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Even when Simple Ben gets off his lazy rear end and signs somebody it’s a player I despise

https://twitter.com/JMackeyPG/status/1511779013974495234

Hated him ever since that bush league collision with Lucroy

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

live with fruit posted:

Luckily for the Cubs, he'll be a free agent again next year. I'm sure they'll plan to offer it to him again.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

GalacticAcid posted:

Even when Simple Ben gets off his lazy rear end and signs somebody it’s a player I despise

https://twitter.com/JMackeyPG/status/1511779013974495234

Hated him ever since that bush league collision with Lucroy

I was at that game. It was an extremely weird one, 10 innings in 4:49.

I have a weird predisposition for seeing walkoffs on the road. That game was a walkoff in 10, we saw Joe Mauer draw a pinch-hit walkoff walk in Minnesota in the 12th in 2016, saw a walkoff in Philly in 2017, saw a walkoff at Coors last year. I might even be missing one.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Popete posted:

No don't

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Guardians is surprisingly and ok name . It’s a little fascist but not so bad

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

euphronius posted:

Given its history with Cleveland I don't hate it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What is it’s connection to CLE?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

euphronius posted:

It's literally named for the statues on the bridge of the Cuyahoga River. There's nothing wrong with the name.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Cleveland traffic guardians.

https://clevelandmagazine.com/in-the-cle/articles/the-guardians-of-traffic

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

on top of games on apple+ and local yankee games on amazon we have games on peacock

https://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/...ginning-in-may/

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Art Deco owns. Approved.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Sydin posted:

He was also sitting 2-3 MPH lower on his sinker last year. Which was still upper 90's but not exactly the trend I want to see in a guy I plan to move from the pen to the rotation. Maybe they just plan to use him as an extended 2-3 inning opener and then have the bullpen piggyback off him?

Hicks has been throwing fireballs this spring.

https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/1509699659220013062?s=20&t=Tt-tlTLEYBjrcJwt6i3MmQ

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

These statues own and I hope every guardians game shows them.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Yeah, my man didn't hit triple digits once several years ago. He was the new Chapman and that's why he's always hurt. Still lmao @ the Cards trying to use him as a 5th starter/opener, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Anything been written in detail about the PitchCom devices' tech, like has someone knowledgeable confirmed that its encryption is soundly implemented or does it just like speak the pitch you want on 780AM in pig Latin?