Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Stereotype posted:

i've still had people say to me that "people don't want to work" while unemployment is at a 50 year low and job openings are at an all time high. no dude, everyone died.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statute_of_Labourers_1351

quote:

The Black Death, or Bubonic Plague killed more than one-third of the population of Europe and 30–40% of the population in Britain and caused a dramatic decrease in the supply of labour. Lords suddenly faced a sharp increase in competition for workers to work for them. Labourers had increased bargaining power and commanded higher wages. The increase in labour cost also led to inflation throughout the economy. The elite class lamented the sudden shift in economic power. In an attempt to control labour costs and price levels, Edward III issued the Ordinance of Labourers 1349. Parliament attempted to reinforce the Ordinance with the Statute of Labourers. This is one of the causes of the Peasants' Revolt. There are many other causes.

same as it ever was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
the great thing about industrialization is that if you don't do it then you will eventually be "liberated" at gunpoint by a country that did

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
the word used was civilized not liberated

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
c wfh s: nothing in writing but yesterday seem to have gotten ok to wfh full time until at least September. was late getting on the wfh train (only in jan 2022 after a brief dumb office-wide hybrid thing in march-may 2020) but making up for lost time

was also asked to switch offices with someone who has been/is/will be in-office full time. they still don't seem to know I've been trying to put this place in my rearview mirror for over a year now. so the tradeoff is just fine by me. I got a lot of flak about "keeping office hours" where I'm currently located because it's client-facing. not worth it. now I can continue to take care of my kid better and more easily search/interview for new jobs

the someone I'm switching with just let it slip that she's currently pregnant and the boss seems to believe she'll only be out for 6 months on mat leave. lol. lmao. hope I'm gone by the time that likely proves to be false

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
biked to the new office along the waterfront trail against a fargin headwind. bike needs a tune-up, the shifters are all over the place and I can't even get on the third chainring lol

new office is p sweet. 2 x 1920 Pixel wide monitors make a nice view of this giant rear end spreadsheet I gotta deal with. didn't find a free desk with the ultra wide monitor, that would be easier to deal with

still gotta get proper bicycle locker room access, didn't have time to deal with poo poo this morning

nice to see people for a change

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i miss bike commuting on the bay trail.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

lmbo my husband is covid positive and i probably will be too, glad i can contribute greatly to my team's return to office plans by quarantining for the next week and warning everyone of their exposure

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Gnossiennes posted:

lmbo my husband is covid positive and i probably will be too, glad i can contribute greatly to my team's return to office plans by quarantining for the next week and warning everyone of their exposure

Had that same situation. Took a hotel for 5 days away and was able to escape baby, mother-law, and wife plague. It is absolutely unreasonable and still scary.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
page 999

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

when we hit 1000 covid is officially over

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
IM pagina

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

when we hit 1000 covid is officially over

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

COVID has been over for years :confused:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

PokeJoe posted:

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

KirbyKhan posted:

Had that same situation. Took a hotel for 5 days away and was able to escape baby, mother-law, and wife plague. It is absolutely unreasonable and still scary.

i'm just gonna wfh for 10 days since i had the option of that or getting a negative PCR test, and the test seems kinda pointless if i'm just gonna be around a sick person anyhow. the hotel thing is probably a lil drastic in my case

tbh being in the office a couple days a week has done my brain good, but after two days in a row i just want to sleep for a week. and idk how i got chores done in the before times (easy, i didn't)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

fwiw it isn’t a guaranteed thing. if you aren’t masking you probably should. yes, even at home.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Oh yeah, when I came back we were still sleeping in different rooms and masked up when in the same room until 3 days after her first negative test.

I went full crazy man snorting Emergen-C and warm beverages all day. I didn't get it and will feel smug about it till I do inevitably get it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

alley-oop

e: nope, goddamnit, this is post 19, not 39. i will take the shameful probe

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

my sinuses are feeling tingly now anyhow. antigen test was negative, but i'll retest in a couple days.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

alley-oop

owned

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

alley-oop

live by the sword, die by the sword

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

shoulda checked the postcount heading instead of the postcount direction

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

PokeJoe posted:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:synpa:

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

nope

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

its 39960 you clowns

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
Posting on a page in a thread

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

DELETE CASCADE posted:

Posting on a page in a thread

posting on ur mom in her bed

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

Oh yeah, when I came back we were still sleeping in different rooms and masked up when in the same room until 3 days after her first negative test.

I went full crazy man snorting Emergen-C and warm beverages all day. I didn't get it and will feel smug about it till I do inevitably get it.

secondary attack rate for vaxxed people is like 50% now or something like that? so it's a coin toss

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

shoulda checked the postcount heading instead of the postcount direction

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

lol

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

spankmeister posted:

secondary attack rate for vaxxed people is like 50% now or something like that? so it's a coin toss

“coin toss” makes it seem like you have zero ability to modify these parameters though

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

snipers watching the thread like two desperadoes having a showdown at high noon

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Truman Peyote posted:

snipers watching the thread like two desperadoes having a showdown at high noon

lol who cares

edit: that’s rude some people love big num

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
having fun posting

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

echinopsis posted:

:synpa:

this one got me so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lets talk about airplanes now that the professor isn't here

my favorite one is boeing 767-200