Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

voting QUIC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

musk is going to take a lesson from ford and support nazis

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Beyond ReTarTed. posted:

let's hear those features

wheels

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

that's a major security risk, someone could just roll it away

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder
also voting QUIC. i remember the last one, it was great!

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Methanar posted:

I wish I could buy a sporty luxury electric car but without all of the latestage techbro bullshit.

Same. I like the "Idea" of a Tesla, but The Tesla implementation and design is loving garbage for basic bitches that the world would be better off without.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Ulf posted:

hey what would be more interesting to people itt, a byte-by-byte breakdown of DTLS 1.2, or of QUIC?

(trying to pick my next rainy-day project)

i'm leaning towards QUIC but i haven't really worked with either of them to this point. QUIC has more real-world uptake afaik. not saying they're equivalent to each other, but i only want to commit to doing one.

EDIT: This would be along the lines of my last two projects:

this is you? cool. i’ve used this quite a bit.

quic imo

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY
quic too

i just had to do something and it turned out that http 3 was super useful for what i needed to do. and http 3 is atop of quic.

FungiCap
Jul 23, 2007

Let's all just calm down and put on our thinking caps.

Ulf posted:

hey what would be more interesting to people itt, a byte-by-byte breakdown of DTLS 1.2, or of QUIC?

i'm leaning towards QUIC but i haven't really worked with either of them to this point. QUIC has more real-world uptake afaik. not saying they're equivalent to each other, but i only want to commit to doing one.

No preference, but just wanted to say cheers for making these. I've shown your TLS diagrams to several people now and everyone agrees that it's a great visual representation breakdown of TLS.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
quic for sure

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

but can you do it quicly???

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

wonder if musk is going to take a lesson from ford and support nazis go to the scrapyard, find the parts that aren't breaking and downgrade them

Going to? He already moved his operations to Texas and heavily supports GOP members, hates on OSHA and is under investigation for massive racism in his plants.

He's already there.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Methanar posted:

I wish I could buy a sporty luxury electric car but without all of the latestage techbro bullshit.

:ssh: every electric car is sporty compared to an ice

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Except for the Mustang EV, funnily enough.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

~Coxy posted:

Except for the Mustang EV, funnily enough.

how did they manage that, anyway? it’s baffling

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

how did they manage that, anyway? it’s baffling

it’s not like base model mustangs have ever been fast so it meets brand expectations

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

https://www.theregister.com/2022/04/05/mahesh_bank_no_firewall_attack

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i do wonder what small town regional bank security posture looks like in the US. i was told by an employee of my hometown's bank that almost everything there was still being done on paper as of 5 or 6 years ago.

Beyond ReTarTed.
Dec 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

post hole digger posted:

i do wonder what small town regional bank security posture looks like in the US. i was told by an employee of my hometown's bank that almost everything there was still being done on paper as of 5 or 6 years ago.

you're gonna walk into my bank and hear the sounds of dot-matrix printers buzzing away

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

it’s not like base model mustangs have ever been fast so it meets brand expectations

the current eco boost ones are actually pretty fast but yeah

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
this seems bonkers? https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/06/us/politics/us-russia-malware-cyberattacks.html

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

quote:

The court orders allowed the F.B.I. to go into domestic corporate networks and remove the malware, sometimes without the company’s knowledge

one weird trick to save on IT costs

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
mustang has industry leading experience and know-how in making surprisingly unsporty cars, and they successfully applied that to overcome all odds and make an ev that lives up to the mustang name

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
naturally, three olives bought one

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
someone in yospos described a (rental?) mustang as like a large cushy couch with a huge car built around it

sounds about right for boomer fare

i mean hell if it's going to have atrocious mileage might as well be an old school boat to boot

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine
EVs are so drat cool.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

someone in yospos described a (rental?) mustang as like a large cushy couch with a huge car built around it

i mean, this is a really good selling point for something that you have to commute in

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Overfunded and underscrutenized security apparatus actually coming in useful for once?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

CommieGIR posted:

Going to? He already moved his operations to Texas and heavily supports GOP members, hates on OSHA and is under investigation for massive racism in his plants.

He's already there.

there's one thing hank ford has left in his back pocket: he's dead

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
i hate mustangs but not nearly as much as suvs and people who commute in pickups

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Wild EEPROM posted:

i hate mustangs but not nearly as much as people

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

here's a better article with some
more technical background https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2022/04/fbi-accesses-us-servers-to-dismantle-botnet-malware-installed-by-russian-spies/

doesn't seem all that bonkers to me tbh.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

if you create a guide on quic and emphasize the tls1.3 component it'll become an astoundingly popular reference

Stabby McDamage
Dec 11, 2005

Doctor Rope

Ulf posted:

Just wanted to also thank you for these - I have students in my class use them on assignments to learn TLS. Also voting QUIC, because I don't understand that newfangled poo poo.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Ulf posted:

DTLS please, more people should know it exists and use it

(and f5 should fix their loving implementation)

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Wild EEPROM posted:

i hate mustangs but not nearly as much as suvs and people who commute in pickups

the guy who parks next to me in my apartment building's underground has a giant f-250 platinum xlt tiny dick edition and it's never dirty so clearly he's not using it for trades poo poo

like motherfucker you live in a town center in a suburb of vancouver buy a goddamn small car for the commute like the rest of us or take the fuckin bus

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Plorkyeran posted:

mustang has industry leading experience and know-how in making surprisingly unsporty cars, and they successfully applied that to overcome all odds and make an ev that lives up to the mustang name

and yet I have terrible taste and want one

is it possible to do an engine swap to an EV motor that doesn't suck?

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

Kazinsal posted:

the guy who parks next to me in my apartment building's underground has a giant f-250 platinum xlt tiny dick edition and it's never dirty so clearly he's not using it for trades poo poo

like motherfucker you live in a town center in a suburb of vancouver buy a goddamn small car for the commute like the rest of us or take the fuckin bus

overly clean trucks are just embarrassing. at least rub some dirt on it or something.

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost

Stabby McDamage posted:

Just wanted to also thank you for these - I have students in my class use them on assignments to learn TLS. Also voting QUIC, because I don't understand that newfangled poo poo.
(and everyone else who responded)

thanks, that means a lot! i get contacted a lot from people telling me they used it to write their own toy TLS, or as test vectors or to help them reproduce some crypto operation. i've also found parts of it copy/pasted into the TLS stack of a botnet

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

DTLS please, more people should know it exists and use it

(and f5 should fix their loving implementation)
ok, so that's 20 votes for quic, and one weirdo that wants dtls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

quic is the future and I think any layman IT CJ can see that