Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

OPAONI posted:

I wondered when he would pivot fully to reactionaryism.

Why are people always surprised by Matt taibbi being poo poo. That's been his whole career 'no on gonna stop me from doing and saying exactly what I want' is basically his whole schtick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea of all Matt's dumb poo poo he's said him going 'actually being banned from twitter is worse than having state sanctioned violence enshrined in law against you' is some primo classic Matt dumbass brain.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/jonsiva_/status/1512065796255625219?s=21

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Brawnfire posted:

An Arrested Development theme park

No touching!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/Grace_Segers/status/1512441222673088526

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I think she used to have some problematic "lost cause" bullshit that has since been removed in Dollywood. So it's probably they saw something from the 90s that reads as super racist now and isn't there anymore and were in full "let's go Brandon" mode.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Did The Federalist's birdavatar change?

it looks even more fascist. also being rounded makes it look like a lame videogame icon.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Skwirl posted:

I think she used to have some problematic "lost cause" bullshit that has since been removed in Dollywood. So it's probably they saw something from the 90s that reads as super racist now and isn't there anymore and were in full "let's go Brandon" mode.

It was the Dixie Stampede which is like Medieval Times except Civil War themed, down to splitting guests up into different sides

If you recall what the two sides of the Civil War were you can see where the problem lies.

(To her credit she apparently heard the complaints and it’s been revamped, but I can’t speak to that personally)

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Found this one in the replieshttps://twitter.com/primeprismatic/status/1512453200435105797

BOILERPLATE RUBE-WOKE UNDERSTANDING

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

drooling rednecks are a fickle bunch

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Didn't Disney just spend a couple billion helping make it legal to jail and murder gay kids in Florida? Shouldn't these people be going hog wild for Disney right now?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Crowetron posted:

Didn't Disney just spend a couple billion helping make it legal to jail and murder gay kids in Florida? Shouldn't these people be going hog wild for Disney right now?

What? My understanding is they made a public statement against new "don't say gay" laws but not a strong enough one for a bunch of their employees.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Crowetron posted:

Disney funded politicians who supported the bill and then after it was passed they said it was bad. Thus they are woke pedophile groomers in the fickle eyes of today's conservatives.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Skwirl posted:

What? My understanding is they made a public statement against new "don't say gay" laws but not a strong enough one for a bunch of their employees.

Disney poured a ton of money into the passing the Don't Say Gay bill.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

Disney funded politicians who supported the bill and then after it was passed they said it was bad. Thus they are woke pedophile groomers in the fickle eyes of today's conservatives.

Oh right, I forgot they donated to a bunch of the poo poo heads that voted for it.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

please just say bribe

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Zero_Grade posted:

BOILERPLATE RUBE-WOKE UNDERSTANDING

rube is a pretty good word through, I’d probably be a lot happier if everyone started calling each other rubes instead of ‘woke’

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

ok y'all this one's the one were taking 2 the moon

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/JawnyBoyyy/status/1512204956228587529?t=EyClzCW701JaKXpbMW8xcQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/JawnyBoyyy/status/1512472238498398210?t=eRQRg_Qv5osFvRBINiJWaA&s=19

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/Reik483/status/1512453547689971716

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

This is just transporting me back to 2003-era Newgrounds. :bahgawd:

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Read After Burning posted:

This is just transporting me back to 2003-era Newgrounds. :bahgawd:

Throw a cream pie at Bill Gates!

A simpler time.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

NLJP posted:

Why are people always surprised by Matt taibbi being poo poo. That's been his whole career 'no on gonna stop me from doing and saying exactly what I want' is basically his whole schtick

Yeah but it was a lot more endearing 20 years ago when he was doing it from the left.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

rodbeard posted:

Yeah but it was a lot more endearing 20 years ago when he was doing it from the left.
Well there's a lesson here then isn't there

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

I just expected to see some blackface, and then there wasn't any because it's sincere rather than a parody

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I just expected to see some blackface, and then there wasn't any because it's sincere rather than a parody

That’s the rare one, you’re gonna have to cough up 250 Eth just to see it.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
https://twitter.com/deesnider/status/1512689911656161280

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/endsanctions/status/1512199373647622146

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

This is close to Paul Ryan saying RATM was his favorite band levels of not paying attention to the content you're endorsing.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

ah yes the song with the music video that has the overbearing army dad as the antagonist is very pro american conservatism.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Skwirl posted:

This is close to Paul Ryan saying RATM was his favorite band levels of not paying attention to the content you're endorsing.

I'd say it's worse because Dee literally was before congress to tell the chuds that they're loving mororns back in the 80s.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Inceltown posted:

I'd say it's worse because Dee literally was before congress to tell the chuds that they're loving mororns back in the 80s.

Yeah but that was a free speech issue and the head of the PMRC was Tipper Gore so therefore it was about conservative values.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
They’re upset because when Snyder went before the PMRC he said “I’m not a devil worshipper. I’m a Christian and you guys are idiots” and ever since then the conservatives just a assume he’s on their side

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/HaneMaung/status/1512565251136536577

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Snyder's religious, he's anti-"cancel culture," and he used to be friends with Trump. I think he also used to be lovely about gay people too? On the other hand he's decidedly not friends with trump anymore and he's gone on record saying that he thinks republicans are poo poo.

I think ultimately he's really anti-censorship and bristles at being told what to do, but he thinks receiving criticism for something is censorship in the same way the government trying to prevent sales of "indecent" music is. He's a boomer, and thus guilty of boomer brain.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Inceltown posted:

And told chud and noted piece of poo poo John Rocker to quit using I Wanna Rock as his entrance music in 2000.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Three races, two genders, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

That is genuinely what many people of a certain age were taught. I remember my mom (an HR person) telling me about a disgruntled employee who said "when I was growing up there were three races: Caucasian, negroid, mongoloid!"

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

That is genuinely what many people of a certain age were taught. I remember my mom (an HR person) telling me about a disgruntled employee who said "when I was growing up there were three races: Caucasian, negroid, mongoloid!"

Were they born in 1870?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I mean, unless they were a time traveler from the victorian era they were just lying. Like, even as a broad concept we've...known Arabs and Latinos and all have existed?