Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Paul MaudDib posted:

Is the effort/quality gain ratio worth it for hummus? Always looking for foods like that that are easy but taste way better than store bought.

Absolutely, I made some today

It's extremely easy and easily a tier above 100% of store bought I ever tried. It's so simple you don't even really need a recipe. Heres what I did:

Soak 1 cup dried chickpeas overnight in just water. Drain, add more water and boil until soft, 60-90 mins. maybe more or less depending on the age of the chickpea. Just eat one every once in a while till it taste cooked and no longer gritty

Drain those in a collander and put them in your food processor. Add some tahini, I used 8oz because that was half the container.

I also sauteed a bunch of garlic, maybe 5 bulbs in 1/4 cup olive oil

Let cool a little and put this in the food processor. Add another 1/4c oil and process. If it seems dry add some water, otherwise trickle in oil until it looks as smooth as you like. Add some salt to taste.

That's it. I put it in containers and pour more oil on top and eat it with pita chips or veggies or whatever. My gf doesn't like hummus at all unless I make it's then she really likes it. Give it a try

PokeJoe fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

There are zero recipes good enough to deal with the hassle of cleaning a food processor.

how do you clean any dishes when you cook?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Gaius Marius posted:

There is no sex good enough to deal with the hassle of cleaning my little droopy wiener.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
What kind of food processor stuff doesn’t fit in a dishwasher smdh.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
I bought a really nice butcher block a few years ago and was dismayed to realize that it sucks to clean it in my decidedly non-commercial-sized sink.

those teak cutting boards look nice, but I also like being able to just put the cutting board in the dishwasher...

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Paul MaudDib posted:

I bought a really nice butcher block a few years ago and was dismayed to realize that it sucks to clean it in my decidedly non-commercial-sized sink.

those teak cutting boards look nice, but I also like being able to just put the cutting board in the dishwasher...

Within the first month I had removed the sink at my house in favor of a giant single bowl sink from Costco.

I still really like it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

replacing your average two bowl sink with a giant single bowl drop in is the greatest quality of life improvement per dollar you could ever do.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

bird with big dick posted:

replacing your average two bowl sink with a giant single bowl drop in is the greatest quality of life improvement per dollar you could ever do.

You know why I did it so soon at my current house? Because I did it a year before at my old house.

It's that much nicer.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I did it like three years ago at my current house and now I'm mad at myself for not doing it at my previous two houses before I even unpacked.

I feel like two bowls made sense (maybe?) when people washed dishes a lot more by hand but now most people put everything in the dishwasher except things that are large and washing stuff like big cutting boards and sheet pans in a big single bowl sink is awesome.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

drat, something else to look for next time I'm at Costco.

Edit: saw the new mailer. Any experiences with the green works pro push mower? Thinking of going battery but never heard of this brand.

Might be better to ask the tools thread?

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Apr 8, 2022

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Suburban Dad posted:

Edit: saw the new mailer. Any experiences with the green works pro push mower? Thinking of going battery but never heard of this brand.

I bought one of these and the 500cfm blower prior to it becoming available at Costco.

It's perfect for smaller plots, medium-sized plots require switching out the battery (which is quick and easy to do.) It cuts at a lower speed, and if it detects resistance, ramps up in power, which takes some getting used to. Otherwise, very easy to operate.

The biggest bonus to the Greenworks family is their batteries as they recharge in ~10-15 minutes. But it's recommended to take them off the charger as soon as they're done.

I'll be buying the trimmer as soon as I find it as tool only, two batts+chargers is all you need to do an entire day's work.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013

Trastion posted:

Thanks, Gonna stop on my way home and see if my local has them on hand.

My wife swears by the Systane Ultra drops for dry eyes + allergies. Target has them for $11 for one bottle or $17 for two. The Church has them on sale for $16 for 3 bottles about every other month. I usually grab several boxes since they last several years unopened.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Suburban Dad posted:

I've had the Greenworks 80V mower since 2018 and have since acquired the leaf blower and pole hedge trimmer. They are all awesome.

The mower is dead reliable, but be aware that if you are mowing particularly tall and/or wet grass, it's going to drain the battery much quicker than if you mow frequently and keep the grass shorter. I have two of the 2Ah batteries and can charge one while I'm mowing with the other which rarely leaves me with both batteries dead, aside from the aforementioned extra tall/wet grass. Even then, the batteries charge pretty quickly which is great.

Leaf blower and trimmer are also excellent.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

good haul last night, good deal on a big piece of wild salmon, gonna BBQ that sum bitch this weekend

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

numberoneposter posted:

good haul last night, good deal on a big piece of wild salmon, gonna BBQ that sum bitch this weekend

:hellyeah:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Suburban Dad posted:

I have one of the greenworks mowers, and it's perfect for my postage stamp sized yard. One of the main reasons I got it is because it's a lot quieter than a gas mower, so it's so much less annoying when mowing. I get 3 or 4 mowings between charges, but again my yard is miniscule.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I feel like the bulk of my posting here is "went to Costco for 3 things, spent $400" so I'm going to mix it up this time.

Today I went to Costco for 4 things and left with $80 in cash (because I had a $480 credit card reward check)

I went to a different Costco than usual. The inventory was slightly different and overall better so I could've done so much worse but I really held back this time.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

PokeJoe posted:

It's extremely easy and easily a tier above 100% of store bought I ever tried. It's so simple you don't even really need a recipe. Heres what I did:

Soak 1 cup dried chickpeas overnight in just water. Drain, add more water and boil until soft, 60-90 mins. maybe more or less depending on the age of the chickpea. Just eat one every once in a while till it taste cooked and no longer gritty

Drain those in a collander and put them in your food processor. Add some tahini, I used 8oz because that was half the container.

Let cool a little and put this in the food processor. Add another 1/4c oil and process. If it seems dry add some water, otherwise trickle in oil until it looks as smooth as you like. Add some salt to taste.

That's it. I put it in containers and pour more oil on top and eat it with pita chips or veggies or whatever. My gf doesn't like hummus at all unless I make it's then she really likes it. Give it a try

did you really peel like 40 cloves of garlic or did you get the big peeled costco jug

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
The most important purchase was 2 dozen roses for the wife. I don't know what I did wrong but when I find out, I'll be ready.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

they were out of spring mix though

<:mad:>

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Renegret posted:

The most important purchase was 2 dozen roses for the wife. I don't know what I did wrong but when I find out, I'll be ready.

Honestly if I ever gently caress up and am at Costco looking for ways to make up to my wife, I'm going to get a LOT more milage out of 2 dozen dogs and a rack of that kirkland IPA. The green box.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Pretty sure my husband knows if he fucks up and wants back in my graces he can just buy me a costco cheesecake or maybe some chocolate covered nuts/fruits from the snacks section. Anything by hawaiian host will work.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

silicone thrills posted:

Pretty sure my husband knows if he fucks up and wants back in my graces he can just buy me a costco cheesecake or maybe some chocolate covered nuts/fruits from the snacks section. Anything by hawaiian host will work.

I'm pretty sure I could get away with infidelity if I stopped off at Costco on the way home and got her one of their tiramisu cakes.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Comfortador posted:

I saw all this toum talk, I just call it Garlic paste which is probably a cultural slander of some sort but I'll deal with the consequences. I've seen a few videos on making it and I know the recipe is fairly simple but can someone post their recipe and process? I'd love to make this myself. I like the kind that tastes like I chopped up the God of Garlic himself (Which my wife does not, she prefers a little less garlic and a little more lemon, but... gently caress that)

https://www.seriouseats.com/traditional-toum

That's the recipe I use and it's great. Make sure to watch the video once or twice.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Jarlic is perfectly adequate if the alternative is no garlic (because you’re carrying a baby and don’t have a chopping hand free or whatever).

Also the brown sugar boba mochi are way better than the regular boba mochi. Good change, Costco.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

PokeJoe posted:

Quoting this to find it later thanks!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Bum the Sad posted:

did you really peel like 40 cloves of garlic or did you get the big peeled costco jug

I peeled them. Cut the root off the cloves and then shake them between 2 stainless steel mixing bowls with one inverted so it's a steel ball. 95% of the peels will just break off

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

iroc.dis posted:

My wife swears by the Systane Ultra drops for dry eyes + allergies. Target has them for $11 for one bottle or $17 for two. The Church has them on sale for $16 for 3 bottles about every other month. I usually grab several boxes since they last several years unopened.

Church had them for 3 bottles for $20. Don't think they were on sale. They work great though, 1000% improvement as soon as i put the drops in.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Renegret posted:

I feel like the bulk of my posting here is "went to Costco for 3 things, spent $400" so I'm going to mix it up this time.

Today I went to Costco for 4 things and left with $80 in cash (because I had a $480 credit card reward check)

I went to a different Costco than usual. The inventory was slightly different and overall better so I could've done so much worse but I really held back this time.

Saw someone else posting this and (assuming your reward check was from the Costco Credit Card and not from executive membership) you’re doing it wrong.

By applying the reward to your $400 purchase and walking away with $80, you lost out on the 2% rewards you would have gotten by putting that $400 on your card. Better to put the whole $400 on the credit card, and walk out with $480 in cash

Sure, in this case it’s only 8 bucks, but imagine how many dogs and drinks (plus refill) you could have gotten with that 8 bucks

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

OldSenileGuy posted:

Saw someone else posting this and (assuming your reward check was from the Costco Credit Card and not from executive membership) you’re doing it wrong.

By applying the reward to your $400 purchase and walking away with $80, you lost out on the 2% rewards you would have gotten by putting that $400 on your card. Better to put the whole $400 on the credit card, and walk out with $480 in cash

Sure, in this case it’s only 8 bucks, but imagine how many dogs and drinks (plus refill) you could have gotten with that 8 bucks

5. The answer is 5.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

The Slack Lagoon posted:

At Costco and I wanted a hot dog and there was a boomer using the middle self order kiosk and was somehow blocking both of the other kiosks with a combination of cart/body so I just walked into his lovely cart to move it out of the way jfc how does a whole loving cohort of people act like they're the only loving person in existence

One time I had a pillow in my cart and this old boomer gently caress comes up and takes the pillow out of my cart and puts it into his and I seriously told him dude what the gently caress are you doing and I take it out of his and put it back into mine and he just pushes his cart away and leaves without even once making eye contact like wtf :psyduck:

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Barry posted:

https://www.seriouseats.com/traditional-toum

That's the recipe I use and it's great. Make sure to watch the video once or twice.

Thanks man

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Knot My President! posted:

One time I had a pillow in my cart and this old boomer gently caress comes up and takes the pillow out of my cart and puts it into his and I seriously told him dude what the gently caress are you doing and I take it out of his and put it back into mine and he just pushes his cart away and leaves without even once making eye contact like wtf :psyduck:

probably Sam’s Club member suffering debilitating lead poisoning and senility, poor bastard probably doesn’t even know where he is

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Thwomp posted:

5. The answer is 5.

Now imagine all 5 of those dogs in your mouth at once.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Renegret posted:

I did that with the executive reward, on a smaller scale. I walked out with like $12 and some change. It was great to shop and try to hit the target and I still got some fun items.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!

Knot My President! posted:

We once had 2 old ladies come up to us and ogle the decorative pillow we had in our cart.

"Oooh this is nice! Where did you find it?"

All the while squeezing and manhandling the pillow.

Yeah we went and got a different one after.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

OldSenileGuy posted:

yeah like amazon lets you directly pay with points on the card at checkout... but if you cash it back to your checking account then you also get 5% back on those purchases too, while you don't if you pay for the points. So it's always preferable to do deposit or statement credit imo.

also, the rewards at costco are surprisingly low for a store card. Only 2% back, and you have to wait a full year to get it? There's actually a lot of cards that have 2% back at warehouse clubs so that's nothing special, and you usually don't have the "wait a year to get it" caveat. I actually think of it more as a gas card than a shopping card tbh, with the exception of stuff where the 2-year warranty extension could be useful (since most other cards cut that benefit a while ago). But even with the nice gas rewards... when we're here in April 10 months away from the rewards, I actually would rather have 2% now than 4% next year. Cash has time-value even if you're not running a balance.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
I bring tidings of a Costco miracle, brethren.

Never before in my life have I cracked an egg at home and found two yolks within.
Yet with my most recent crate of eggs from Church, it has happened not once but twice, twice in the space of one week!

Behold!

(Both times it was the second egg I cracked that gave up the doubles,)

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Our Lord is a just and benevolent god, as I discovered today that He in his infinite wisdom has rid the Spindrift combo pack of the vile and unfavored raspberry lime and replaced it with the much adored pure lime flavor. But that was not enough. He also has seen fit to stock the most favorite of flavors, pineapple, and on sale to boot. Praise be, praise be, pbuc. I celebrated by buying a whole prime ribeye which I will cut into steaks and Foodsaver and store in my upright freezer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I wish they'd put LaCroix Limoncello permanently out to pasture, specifically so it unbinds the perfect Hibiscus flavor