Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

chuck faked his death as his ultimate chess move to tkae down jimmy

We discover that shot of Huell lying happily on the money wasn't actually Walt's cash after all, but his payment from Chuck for helping play a long con on Jimmy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I think Kim is definitely alive in BrBa, and even in the Gene sequences. In Bad Choice Road, after Jimmy survives the desert, he tells Kim that he almost gave up, but the only thing that kept him going was knowing she was there.

Now, obviously, the only thing that actually kept him going was Mike, but I feel like this will be how he actually feels during his time as Gene, and even as Saul during the Walter White stuff.

I am still completely mystified as to how they're going to somehow shove 3-4 seasons of another show into the last season of this one.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Kim is that blonde woman who's house Jesse was sneaking out of in the first episode of BB.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

1stGear posted:

Kim is that blonde woman who's house Jesse was sneaking out of in the first episode of BB.

She got some work done with that Sandpiper settlement.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
When they were making the pilot they intended to shop it to cable companies like HBO and Showtime, so they threw some gratuitous nudity in because hey why not :haw: Man what would BB have looked like on premium cable?

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Like absolute garbage. I'm so happy HBO passed on BB and allowed it to be good.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Takes No Damage posted:

When they were making the pilot they intended to shop it to cable companies like HBO and Showtime, so they threw some gratuitous nudity in because hey why not :haw: Man what would BB have looked like on premium cable?

We 100% would have seen Bryan Cranton's dick

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

1stGear posted:

Kim is the woman Hank and Walt Jr. spoke to in that motel parking lot

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

God Hole posted:

Kim is the woman Hank and Walt Jr. spoke to in that motel parking lot

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Oh nooooooooooo.

Or she changes her name to Wendy.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Fun (??) Fact: once when they were filming a Wendy scene some guy drove up and actually tried to solicit her :pervert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

christmas boots posted:

We 100% would have seen Bryan Cranton's dick

He 100% would have hung dong in Malcolm in the Middle if network television allowed it.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

He 100% would have hung dong in Malcolm in the Middle if network television allowed it.

What is this?

It's a warning...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mVq_4BA5DQ

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Is Saul a good man

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The World Inferno posted:

Is Saul a good man

He is.

It's in his genes.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

A For Effort
Apr 29, 2017

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JboZIZOQjQs

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Lister posted:

Promo for the new season was hidden in the CNBC youtube channel for April fools. Based on the view count, it looks like most people haven't noticed it yet and hasn't made the rounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX_Hwr_ZCic

Posted last page, but... A for effort, I guess?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

it's going to turn out it was actually chucks voice on the phone in breaking bad

I gotta give it up for any "X's voice" callbacks.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Chuck: " And you know that Jimmy will just get some audio expert on the stand to state that it isn't really his voice..."

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Posted last page, but... A for effort, I guess?

What I kept hoping this would do was show some "reenactments" of Jimmy's exploits, using lookalike actors for him and Francesca et al :v:

The Kettlemans though, lmao

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Data Graham posted:

What I kept hoping this would do was show some "reenactments" of Jimmy's exploits, using lookalike actors for him and Francesca et al :v:

I assume the real American Greed episodes are something like 42 minutes without commercials; I wish this one was that long.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h2AAUx960I

Is that an older Lalo in the quick montage?

:eyepop:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

gently caress that's got me pumped up

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I've rewatching the early seasons, and oh man Howard is such a fantastic character. Yeah, he's an rear end in a top hat corporate lawyer, but he's also a genuinely nice and earnest guy in a way that does nothing to invalidate him being an rear end in a top hat corporate lawyer. He shafts Kim over the Kettleman case, then earnestly congratulates her (and un-shafts her) once it all comes good. He congratulates Jimmy over passing the bar more than Chuck does, then crushes his hopes of working at HHM. And when he says "we'll reasses in six months" hell yeah do I believe him.

Seriously underrated character and performance there, and I'm as terrified for him in S6 as I am for Slippin' Kimmy.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

There should be an equivalent made for Chuck's past as the original slippin' bro before a chance encounter with Johnny 5 changed his life.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I've rewatching the early seasons, and oh man Howard is such a fantastic character. Yeah, he's an rear end in a top hat corporate lawyer, but he's also a genuinely nice and earnest guy in a way that does nothing to invalidate him being an rear end in a top hat corporate lawyer. He shafts Kim over the Kettleman case, then earnestly congratulates her (and un-shafts her) once it all comes good. He congratulates Jimmy over passing the bar more than Chuck does, then crushes his hopes of working at HHM. And when he says "we'll reasses in six months" hell yeah do I believe him.

Seriously underrated character and performance there, and I'm as terrified for him in S6 as I am for Slippin' Kimmy.

I think Jimmy and Kim try to gently caress him over, it somewhat backfires, and Howard takes aim at Kim.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I think Jimmy and Kim try to gently caress him over, it somewhat backfires, and Howard takes aim at Kim.

Or the utterly ruin him beyond what is reasonable and end up with blood on their hands. Which pushes Jimmy completely into Saul.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Or the utterly ruin him beyond what is reasonable and end up with blood on their hands. Which pushes Jimmy completely into Saul.

Very possible.

The previews make it seem like Howard is on the offensive, but that could just be specific misdirection.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I'm on page 220 after catching up since S5 dropped on Netflix and doing a bit of a re-watch too so just gonna spit ball here based on some notes I took:

- Reah Seahorn is one of the best actors I've ever seen in anything ever. How she's been deprived an Emmy award or, near as I can tell never even a nomination is a loving joke. I'd love to see her cast in a Scorsese, Tarantino, Spielberg, Coppola really/high profile lead role in a big film and I was shocked at her relatively thin IMBD resume. How is this person not a household name and a huge star? For 5 seasons now, in a show filled with great acting performances, she's an amazing standout.

- I love the terminator twins. gently caress the haters.

- When Gus burns down the restaurant with Nacho, why the gently caress does he bother to wear gloves and wipe poo poo off to remove fingerprints? He owns the loving place? Is it just a nod to his meticulous OCD tendencies I guess? It woould honestly be more suspicious if his prints weren't found anywhere, wouldn't it?

- I'm not usually a big fan of split screen directing but every time they use it here, it loving rules.

- In S3, what happened to Mike's sniper rifle after the aborted hit? The "don't" note on the windshield and then he disassembles the station wagon? I guess it's safe to assume he just kinda shoved it somewhere in the salvage yard? Because when he's waiting for the cab, he tells the owner to keep the car and the rifle is nowhere to be found.

- I'm really loving dumb because somehow I thought that the buzzed driving mom flashback was Kaylee's mother and that was gonna be a sub plot when it was rally a Kim memory. Not sure how the gently caress I got that mixed that up and I found myself wondering why it never came up again since the idea of Mike's daughter developing a drinking a problem seemed compelling.

- Speaking of Mike, I thought it was neat that during the "find the baseball cards" episode that he's shown at Kaylee's baseball game.

- Seconding whoever pointed out how cool so many of the aerial shots are. They never seem gratuitous or showy. The cinematography and shot framing overall is by and large really excellent for that matter.

- I wonder, are the excessive use of hard cuts a byproduct of it being a TV show or...? Because it's quite effective either way and serves the storytelling really well.

- I don't see a happy ending thing happening here but I also don't think Kim is gonna be killed. Or hurt or injured. Most logical path I can see is that she simply winds up getting disbarred and having her career ruined by way of some of Jimmy's bullshit and when that happens she's done with him. If I had to guess, I'd say that'll be the "don't ever call me again, gently caress you, Jimmy" resolution of their relationship. I doubt it'll be some over the top hostage situation or her with a red laser dot on her head. Jimmy's just going to somehow ruin her career is my guess and that'll be that when she's not trying to hear his bs explanation. The show is to smart and too well written to have her be on the flight of BB plane crash or something cheap like that.

- Lalo/Nacho: seems to me Lalo is gonna know Nacho set him up. They lingered on the tequila glasses so he knows it's an inside job and he's obviously going to remember Nacho being awake and wonder how he got away. My guess is he gives him a loyalty test or something by making him murder someone, perhaps Jimmy. That could be a way to tie it into the BB scene where Walt and Jessie kidnap Saul and that one line about Lalo. For some reason, even though things point to Lalo getting killed, I think he makes it. Either by getting locked up for a long time or going into exile. It would make sense and be in the tradition of the show if his fate is uncertain and that's another reason why Gene is always looking over his shoulder.

- Cameos for S6 I expect: Chuck, Walter, Hank, Badger, Skinny Pete

- I never picked up on it before even though on a second watch it was obvious but Jimmy rolling the tape off the wall when he painted the logo was a direct callback to Chuck bitching him out about removing the space blankets and on a second viewing I noticed that when Jimmy says "gently caress this" and just rips the tape off off, it fucks up the WM logo ever so slightly. He also worries that it looks like a "crashing stock market" but all he had to was reverse the letters. Nice touch putting his initial second even though it's not alphabetical, as is tradition with law firms.

- I think Howard's final arc is going to be tied somehow to how Kim gets disbarred, like I mentioned earlier, and that I expect to happen will be her fate. I can't for the life of me believe that in a show that thrives on subverting expectations they'd write it to where Kim gets caught in cartel crossfire r something that predictable. And god drat, apropos of nothing really, but Howard's actor always makes me think of Anthony Michael Hall. When I first saw him I swear to god I thought that's who it was.

- I kind of agree that knowing some of the characters' ultimate fate removes a certain degree of dramatic tension but I can't for the life of me relate to the Gus haters who think his poo poo is boring, rote, cliche or that he's dragging anything down. Maybe it's because I like Espisito so much as an actor and I also loving love the character. But I don't see how it's all that different from knowing that the stars of any show aren't going to die.

- I think we get some form of a Gene resolution but I bet it will be relatively minor and understated. I think the guys in the mall were a red herring and when Gene says "I'll handle it myself" it'll just be some kind of old school set up or scan, Saul Goodman style, but I'm not sure what that might look like. It won't be some hiring a hitman poo poo or anything.

TL/DR: gently caress me I have to wait for S6 on Netflix but I'm happy with my re-watch for now and had forgotten so much. This show is SO loving good

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Can't wait to see Kim's transition from pro-bono crusader to a hardcore cartel representing blood sucker.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

ruddiger posted:

Can't wait to see Kim's transition from pro-bono crusader to a hardcore cartel representing blood sucker.

Oh poo poo, she's Helen from Ozark.

Future Wax
Feb 17, 2011

There is no inherent quantity of driving that I can increase!

BiggerBoat posted:

- I don't see a happy ending thing happening here but I also don't think Kim is gonna be killed. Or hurt or injured. Most logical path I can see is that she simply winds up getting disbarred and having her career ruined by way of some of Jimmy's bullshit and when that happens she's done with him. If I had to guess, I'd say that'll be the "don't ever call me again, gently caress you, Jimmy" resolution of their relationship. I doubt it'll be some over the top hostage situation or her with a red laser dot on her head. Jimmy's just going to somehow ruin her career is my guess and that'll be that when she's not trying to hear his bs explanation. The show is to smart and too well written to have her be on the flight of BB plane crash or something cheap like that.

I think Kim is going to ruin her own career. She's always fighting to make her own choices and not just let things happen to her, and it seems like she'll end up taking that tendency too far and have it blow up on her. Ever since they pulled off the Huell scam and Kim said "let's do it again" I've thought that Kim's fate will be a self-destructive one.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Crazy to think that by the time Gene's timeframe is shown, even without the unknown fates (Lalo, Nacho, Kim, Howard), there are still so many characters who are dead.

Mike
Gus
The twins
Juan Bolsa
Hector
Tuco
Chuck
Hank
Steve
Crazy 8
Werner ZEEEEEEEEgluuurrrrrrrr

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Victor
Gale
Tyrus
Lydia
Too

Oolb
Nov 18, 2019

ruddiger posted:

its this

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

better call saul is a netflix show in other territories and it premieres there the day after airing on amc. i'll let you connect the remaining dots

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Data Graham posted:

drat a bunch of reenactments would have been fun. You can even bring in cheap and only semi-decent actors to reprise all sorts of things from BCS or BB and not need to take the time, hassle, and expense that getting the proper cast in on things would involve. They should've at least sprinkled a few more things like that in there, the only similar thing I can recall is the courtroom painting depiction of Saul's trial where he had a fake defendant sitting at his table.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Spoiler about the first season of S6 from the reviews. It sounds like the first scene is about a crime scene and people looking through a house in a forward, presumably Gene's house? Which makes it sound to me like we will definitely be getting a good few Gene episodes at the end of the show, same as BB style

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gaius Marius posted:

Victor
Gale
Tyrus
Lydia
Too

Didn't El Camino tell us that Lydia survived, or am I misremembering?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I think she was in the hospital and rapidly declining? Always took it as she was very much dying but hadn't popped her clogs just yet.