Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The rays really should be contracted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Slimy Hog posted:

I thought the apple TV games were free even if you don't pay for it

for the time being they are

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

euphronius posted:

Severance is really good so Apple TV is worth it

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
There is no answer for MLB broadcasting that pleases everyone, so deal with it.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

there's an answer that would please everyone except the billionaires.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Edward Mass posted:

There is no answer for MLB broadcasting that pleases everyone, so deal with it.

there is, it is put every cubs game on Channel 9.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I pine for the days when I could turn on the TV and the local game would be on a channel number before 13.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

ihatepants posted:

https://twitter.com/nypostsports/status/1512520828256231427?s=20&t=FKcNvS7aUfhQPjz1Q-wiaQ

Supposedly Judge’s counter offer to the Yankees was 9 or 10 years at $36M per year.

holy lol

Judge is good but he's nowhere near "a whole decade as the sport's best-paid position player" good

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Gorman Thomas posted:

I pine for the days when I could turn on the TV and the local game would be on a channel number before 13.

My grandfather was not a good person at all. The only fond memories I have of him are sitting outside in his screen house watching the Red Sox on WSBK 38 on a small b&w TV while he smoked camels, eating drinking Dunkin’ Donuts.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo

Julio Cruz posted:

holy lol

Judge is good but he's nowhere near "a whole decade as the sport's best-paid position player" good

Didn’t we all agree that Trout’s deal was undervaluing him? I don’t think the AAV Judge was asking for is unreasonable. The years are a stretch for sure but it’s also a negotiation.

Would have ruled if he went in and demanded $250/5 though.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Well Played Mauer posted:

Didn’t we all agree that Trout’s deal was undervaluing him? I don’t think the AAV Judge was asking for is unreasonable. The years are a stretch for sure but it’s also a negotiation.

Would have ruled if he went in and demanded $250/5 though.
:agreed:
He's taking a risk with injury and owners loving him but we need more players who've already made tens of millions to keep pushing the envelope so that the pre-arb guys get bigger bags. "He's not worth that" is relative to what? The billions of dollars in franchise appreciation we've seen across the league? The TV contracts? Or when compared to the artificially suppressed salaries of other players?

I do wonder if it'd be legal to have the MLBPA create a downside guarantee pool for young stars. Hit certain performance thresholds by a given age/service time and the PA will guarantee a minimum level of career earnings. It'd mitigate a lot of the risk that drives prearb players to teamfriendly deals (the first $20m in earnings matter a lot more to the player than the last $50m they make in their careers, etc), and paying back some portion of earnings over the guarantee should make it selfsustaining. It'd also be way less abusive and towards a better cause than the loansharking of scum like "Big League Advance" (Tatis)

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

R.D. Mangles posted:

there is, it is put every cubs game on Channel 9.

Hey Hey!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

euphronius posted:

Severance is really good so Apple TV is worth it

Also For All Mankind

bradburypancakes
Sep 9, 2014

hmm. hmmmmmmmm
Holy lol these Apple TV presenters are so bad.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

So these games on Apple TV+ are straight up not available live at all on MLB.TV. I’ve never seen that before.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Jose Oquendo posted:

So these games on Apple TV+ are straight up not available live at all on MLB.TV. I’ve never seen that before.

Didn't MLB.tv used to have a thing where you could log in with your cable creds and see games through the main interface?

I wish they would do that, I pay for cable and mlb.tv but I can't watch Mets and Yankees games at the same time on the same device, it's wildly stupid.

bradburypancakes
Sep 9, 2014

hmm. hmmmmmmmm
Was that not the case with the prime and YouTube games last year?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
So uh, warning I guess even though Lindor appears to have come out of it alright, but this is the scariest HBP I've seen in a long time

https://twitter.com/BarnHasSpoken2/status/1512595746637312004

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
gently caress man i didnt want to click that video and i did

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Sydin posted:

So uh, warning I guess even though Lindor appears to have come out of it alright, but this is the scariest HBP I've seen in a long time

https://twitter.com/BarnHasSpoken2/status/1512595746637312004

Would Lindor been able to turn or dodge or something if he was in a non-bunting posistion

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Maddon says that Ward is going to be our every day RF once he's off the IL. After last night, sounds good to me.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

Didn't MLB.tv used to have a thing where you could log in with your cable creds and see games through the main interface?

I wish they would do that, I pay for cable and mlb.tv but I can't watch Mets and Yankees games at the same time on the same device, it's wildly stupid.

I tried it on my Apple TV and computer using Chrome. I even have a DNS thing to get around blackouts. The mlb app on my Apple TV just redirects me to the ATV+ app. On my computer, it just straight up has no video option and only has the radio broadcast.

I don’t know if they still have a TV provider login on the website or app. I’ll have to check that out.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I've never been able to figure out how to watch Mets games via any streaming service so I just listen. Always listen.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Jose Oquendo posted:

I tried it on my Apple TV and computer using Chrome. I even have a DNS thing to get around blackouts. The mlb app on my Apple TV just redirects me to the ATV+ app. On my computer, it just straight up has no video option and only has the radio broadcast.

I don’t know if they still have a TV provider login on the website or app. I’ll have to check that out.

Oh I'm not suggesting a fix, I don't think what you're asking for is currently possible, I'm just agreeing that it's very stupid.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
IDK about you guys but the quality of video on the Apple TV+ game tonight is WAY better than regular TV. Looks close to real 4K on my LED.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

mcmagic posted:

IDK about you guys but the quality of video on the Apple TV+ game tonight is WAY better than regular TV. Looks close to real 4K on my LED.

maybe it's just a higher bitrate.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

mcmagic posted:

Yea it's good, I'm not minding it nearly as much as the YouTube games other than having to get another service account created and such

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

https://twitter.com/TalkinBaseball_/status/1512601479542157320

Checks out

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
First woman to manage a minor league team. She called a double steal that paid off so that owns.

https://twitter.com/YESNetwork/status/1512612520615419906?cxt=HHwWhIC54djE8P0pAAAA

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Jose Oquendo posted:

IIRC both YouTube and Facebook games last year did that too.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Squall posted:

IIRC both YouTube and Facebook games last year did that too.

I can’t remember for sure but I think those games were on MLB.TV as they were just re-broadcasting MLB Network feeds.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Jose Oquendo posted:

I can’t remember for sure but I think those games were on MLB.TV as they were just re-broadcasting MLB Network feeds.

They were their own separate thing with their own broadcast crews and they were bad.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Popete posted:

They were their own separate thing with their own broadcast crews and they were bad.

Well gently caress that sucked then still sucks now.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
No Padres starter has given up a hit this year.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

You Barves fans didn't have to wait long to get the Kenley Jansen Experience

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Popete posted:

First woman to manage a minor league team. She called a double steal that paid off so that owns.

https://twitter.com/YESNetwork/status/1512612520615419906?cxt=HHwWhIC54djE8P0pAAAA
I find this funny because I went to a different FSL game tonight that also ended in a 9-6 score

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Popete posted:

No Padres starter has given up a hit this year.
Has any man singlehandedly stopped more history than Tim Hill?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Paracaidas posted:

Has any man singlehandedly stopped more history than Tim Hill?

What's the record for most no hitters blown?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

live with fruit posted:

What's the record for most no hitters blown?

well it's at least 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
is any other team having as much “trouble gripping the baseball” as the Nats? 4 HBP so far including Lindor in the head