Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll
This poll is closed.
Yes 34 40.48%
No 50 59.52%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Beau’s content is good to pass under chud radar but he’s a total shitbag of a person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Didn’t we cover that his crime was a misrepresented into what was actually happen but the charges are just done that way?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
If it was somebody else I'd still be looking for a #sponcon hashtag at this rate

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Crab Dad posted:

Didn’t we cover that his crime was a misrepresented into what was actually happen but the charges are just done that way?

He’s still very Russian-adjacent.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Crab Dad posted:

As near as I can tell what he did was Illegally help people who were already in country find otherwise normal jobs in violation of their Visa status, to include giving them rides to and from their workplaces. The fact that some of those people were women meant that the charges read as HUMAN TRAFFICKING WOMEN.

Now, if that's an incorrect read, I'm open to evidence to the contrary, but the details of the charges against him had me shrugging and wondering what the big deal was.

FrozenVent posted:

He’s still very Russian-adjacent.

He's not, it's just that some of the people he helped were Russian. To be specific, just about everything he's ever produced is strongly anti-Putin.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I'm not super fond of Beau, and stopped watching him at some point when he stopped railing against trump, but he is legit.

my only real problem is that I'm not into the prepper mindset that is the core of his ideology, so alot of his stuff is about that instead of the politics that tend to be a good read.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

A.o.D. posted:

As near as I can tell what he did was Illegally help people who were already in country find otherwise normal jobs in violation of their Visa status, to include giving them rides to and from their workplaces. The fact that some of those people were women meant that the charges read as HUMAN TRAFFICKING WOMEN.

Now, if that's an incorrect read, I'm open to evidence to the contrary, but the details of the charges against him had me shrugging and wondering what the big deal was.

He's not, it's just that some of the people he helped were Russian. To be specific, just about everything he's ever produced is strongly anti-Putin.

He was never charged with human trafficking as far as I can tell, just a bunch of people here making things up.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I wish there was a separate youtube for all of the "I HAVE AN OPINION" people so I didn't have to scroll past all their poo poo while looking for instant karma car wreck videos.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I wish there was a separate youtube for all of the "I HAVE AN OPINION" people so I didn't have to scroll past all their poo poo while looking for instant karma car wreck videos.

Pretty much this.

I've grown weary and quite tired of YouTubers and Twitter accounts that seemingly have to have a take or an opinion on everything. Pick a lane and stick with it, otherwise, hard pass from me

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Apr 10, 2022

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Part of the problem is the people, part of the problem is the algorithm that determines you need several recommendations from across the political spectrum (mostly right wingers) after watching something banal about like, the known history of peanuts.

Did you like that video about peanut butter? Here's Ben Shapiro destroying bologna on wonder bread with ketchup!

Jordan Peterson revives the KFC double down!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Hey so Pakistan's legislature just told Imran Khan to get the gently caress out

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/pakistan-parliament-try-again-vote-oust-pm-khan-2022-04-09/

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yeah and there is going to be a proper transition; which for Pakistan is quite an achievement.

That said don’t elect dumb rear end cricket players in the first place.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

On the plus side, the "frontrunner" seen as most likely to succeed him is way more open to bettering relations with the west: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/4/9/who-is-shehbaz-sharif-seen-as-frontrunner-for-next-pakistan-pm

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BIG HEADLINE posted:

On the plus side, the "frontrunner" seen as most likely to succeed him is way more open to bettering relations with the west: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/4/9/who-is-shehbaz-sharif-seen-as-frontrunner-for-next-pakistan-pm

Yeah honestly it’s a win win situation for Pakistan (no coup and institutions working) and the US.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Pakistan-Japan-Europe-US vs India-China-Russia maybe?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Ok I'm sorry :eng99:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This seems bad.

https://twitter.com/kate_ross_/status/1512923593843294217?s=21&t=YvdfSEN3vzCbUKiX894wvg

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
uhhhh covid is over china apparently didn't get the memo, nothing to worry about, literally never been an instance of what's happening there catching up here

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

maffew buildings posted:

uhhhh covid is over china apparently didn't get the memo, nothing to worry about, literally never been an instance of what's happening there catching up here

This appears to be a result of the 'Zero Covid' stuff China pulled and it apparently backfired.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

maffew buildings posted:

The thread in the linked thread about food shortages are pretty :stare:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CommieGIR posted:

This appears to be a result of the 'Zero Covid' stuff China pulled and it apparently backfired.

It's more than the Shanghai officials decided to implement a lockdown in the dumbest way possible with no planning for anything. There's another region with an outbreak that followed actual procedures and is doing better the last I heard.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's more than the Shanghai officials decided to implement a lockdown in the dumbest way possible with no planning for anything. There's another region with an outbreak that followed actual procedures and is doing better the last I heard.

From my understanding Shanghai (run by a Xi ally) was given permission to try a more targeted lockdown to prevent issues with the economy…which have not worked.

I would say m Xi is going to be way to busy with this and getting his third term to help Russia out. Granted Xi getting replaced would be hilarious.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Yeah honestly it’s a win win situation for Pakistan (no coup and institutions working) and the US.

The army and ISI still retain a large amount of control unless something has changed recently so in effect, nothing has really changed. Khan lost the support of the generals.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Marshal Prolapse posted:

I would say m Xi is going to be way to busy with this and getting his third term to help Russia out. Granted Xi getting replaced would be hilarious.

I don’t think Chinese politics work that way.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lightpole posted:

The army and ISI still retain a large amount of control unless something has changed recently so in effect, nothing has really changed. Khan lost the support of the generals.

Well I mean at least there isn’t a new general on tv talking about the Army needing to save the country. Baby steps, but still something.

FrozenVent posted:

Eh the whole third term is a big deal for Xi for cementing his grip on power. He still needs internal support to do it from my understanding.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004

FrozenVent posted:

Xi is changing how Chinese politics work so this is a trick question

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Pakistan-Japan-Europe-US vs India-China-Russia maybe?

There's no way India sides with China if push comes to shove, China is a clear and present danger in India's backyard, and there are ongoing hostilities.

If you just mean India continues to toe the line and align with whoever is convenient in policy issues and whatnot, then yeah, they'll continue to hedge their bets between the Western and Eastern powers.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
This is equal parts creepy and silly

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1512050023021826055

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Back near the start of the pandemic BigClive posted a video review of a FLIR work phone and remarked on checking for overheating wiring with it and noticing concert goers with noticeably higher temperatures. At about 10 minutes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex7mNzhZN9A

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

How do they rattle off a list of references while missing the obvious Predator metaphor?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

C.M. Kruger posted:

Back near the start of the pandemic BigClive posted a video review of a FLIR work phone and remarked on checking for overheating wiring with it and noticing concert goers with noticeably higher temperatures. At about 10 minutes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex7mNzhZN9A

Oh, I'm not suggesting the technology doesn't work, it's just that they managed to do it in the creepiest possible way.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
What a good way to detect people with covid on molly

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I drove to my first vaccine appointment with the windows down in the winter.

I hadn’t had a fever in over a year at that point (still haven’t), but I’d be damned if an inaccurate IR thermometer was going to ruin my day.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

How do they rattle off a list of references while missing the obvious Predator metaphor?

Look at those helmets, it's Judge Dredd, surely!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/drericding/status/1512974880463114241?s=21&t=0jUCF7jCu3kaVoMKAQETBQ

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Calypso, what have you done?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I think i just got to this part in Elden Ring

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

he worked with russians bringing in people from eastern europe.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Justin king worked with russians to bring in desperate people from eastern europe to the US. And they did this out of the goodness of their heart

https://www.justice.gov/archive/opa/pr/2007/December/07_crm_967.html

Stop being a loving moron and acting like youtube doesn't have a million other white dudes that like to share their opinions online. Most of them aren't felons for taking advantage of eastern european immigrants even!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

PookBear posted:

Justin king worked with russians to bring in desperate people from eastern europe to the US. And they did this out of the goodness of their heart

https://www.justice.gov/archive/opa/pr/2007/December/07_crm_967.html

Stop being a loving moron and acting like youtube doesn't have a million other white dudes that like to share their opinions online. Most of them aren't felons for taking advantage of eastern european immigrants even!

I’m not seeing tax evasion charges on the money he wouldn’t be claiming for this to happen in the charges against him.

Odd.