Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/RightWingCope/s...%5Es1_&ref_url=

oh boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
9/11 deadlier than the Holocaust, this evening at Fox News…

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Zil posted:

I mean I know why, but how has he not been hit for pump and dump scams yet?

Pump and dump involves making false or misleading public statements about a company and/or its shares, so that you can unload your shares when the price goes up.

Buying a large amount of a share will inevitably drive up its price, and is not pump and dump by definition.

Now, if Musk had said to his fans beforehand "hi guys I'm buying twitter shares so I can save free speech" and all the morons rush to buy, thinking everything Musk touches turns into gold, but then Musk unloads all his twitter shares, then it would be a pump and dump.

Lucky for him, he was smart enough/had lawyers tell him to keep his dumb mouth shut.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
What broke Musk from Twitter:

https://twitter.com/myunclesmemes/status/1513204627981803523

Won't someone think of the titter!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Remember when one of Trump’s lawyers (was it even Cohen perhaps?) was revealed to also be involved in some way with Sean Hannity? I want to imagine a world where the none-right wing media sphere treated that the way they treat HunterBidengate.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

withak posted:

This seems most likely. Being in this role while shitposting about someone else’s company is probably a bigger legal deal than doing the same with your own company.

A board member is supposed to look out for the interests of all shareholders, not just themselves or whoever got them on the board. One speaks often of duties of (1) care, (2) loyalty, and (3) good faith, which basically boils down to act in a considered, informed manner for the interest of the company and all shareholders, something Musky is entirely incapable of. He probably doesn't wanna get sued by other shareholders for breach of trust.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

"I refuse to be treated as a second class citizen. We must treat them as second class citizens!"

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

BigglesSWE posted:

Remember when one of Trump’s lawyers (was it even Cohen perhaps?) was revealed to also be involved in some way with Sean Hannity? I want to imagine a world where the none-right wing media sphere treated that the way they treat HunterBidengate.

I remember a thread regular or mod joking it would be Hannity like the day before the news dropped. It was hilarious.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

so this apparently happened 2 years ago during the pandemic.. i never heard about this. wasn't sure if it was real so i found the account it's associated with it and they apparently also had an instagram account which are all protected now. pfp also matches up.

anyways my point is. this was a real person, and instead of taking time to figure out maybe how many people died on 911... then realizing that maybe it doesn't even matter how many people died on 911 compared to how many died from slavery because the fact that humans were SLAVES is bad enough to maybe not try to type out that point onto the internet before you take a moment to think about what you're going to write.

but then as i was typing this out. i realize this girl has such a weak command of the english language, i can't tell if she's talking about dead people on 911 vs dead people from slavery, or if she's literally saying the number of people who died on 911 was more than the number of slaves ever and now i have to go and sleep or else i'll just be typing angrily into the void all night.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Totally surprised them man. He was standing there the whole time. Pigs can't see well and he spooked'em when he moved. I can't fault him though, he probably wasn't brought up around livestock.

Seriously this makes cops sound more like animals than humans

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

BigglesSWE posted:

No no, you don't understand, Hannity only asked paying-off-mistresses-lawyer for some informal advice on a real estate purchase, then paid him as joke, and asked about attorney-client privilege as a joke! It was all a joke! (This was literally, almost verbatim, Hannity's explanation)

And yeah, it was Cohen.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Taeke posted:

I remember a thread regular or mod joking it would be Hannity like the day before the news dropped. It was hilarious.

So you're saying mods knew?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Strong Sauce posted:

so this apparently happened 2 years ago during the pandemic.. i never heard about this. wasn't sure if it was real so i found the account it's associated with it and they apparently also had an instagram account which are all protected now. pfp also matches up.

anyways my point is. this was a real person, and instead of taking time to figure out maybe how many people died on 911... then realizing that maybe it doesn't even matter how many people died on 911 compared to how many died from slavery because the fact that humans were SLAVES is bad enough to maybe not try to type out that point onto the internet before you take a moment to think about what you're going to write.

but then as i was typing this out. i realize this girl has such a weak command of the english language, i can't tell if she's talking about dead people on 911 vs dead people from slavery, or if she's literally saying the number of people who died on 911 was more than the number of slaves ever and now i have to go and sleep or else i'll just be typing angrily into the void all night.

Why would you go looking up an account that specifically had their handle blacked out so people wouldn't be inclined to do that? And then looking them up on another platform to boot?

Dude.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Apr 11, 2022

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Zesty posted:

Why would you go looking up an account that specifically had their handle blacked out so people wouldn't be inclined to do that? And then looking them up on another platform to boot?

Dude.

uhhh what? you can literally just click on the link and people have literally reposted the account name. i also didn't even mention the account

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
sure is a lot of taliban and isis guys posting on patriots.win

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Mistle posted:

:lol: Knowingly violating HIPAA can result in fines and inprisonment :lol:

lol at there being an actual HIPAA violation after years of chuds screaming "MAH HIPPA!!!!" at every question.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

SocketWrench posted:

Totally surprised them man. He was standing there the whole time. Pigs can't see well and he spooked'em when he moved. I can't fault him though, he probably wasn't brought up around livestock.

The guidelines for how to act around bears mostly apply to cops.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

The Last Call posted:

Lmao, check out that pedo guy

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

SocketWrench posted:

A cop will "scare" at a quail or a plastic bag caught by a sudden breeze

e: thought of ants and murdered

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

If cops are scared or surprised so often maybe we should be giving them blinkers to wear and not guns to carry around.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

The Last Call posted:

Because the stupid gently caress thought he would be evil morty from that scene where he wins the presidency and then got pissy when he was told no you can’t change the rules that much and he can’t ban his ex or her girlfriend.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

An insane mind posted:

If cops are scared or surprised so often maybe we should be giving them blinkers to wear and not guns to carry around.

Oh great, now they are laser-focused on brown people.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

I don't know who this person is, but I say with total confidence that they are absolutely not a normal Korean.

fuckingtest
Mar 31, 2001

Just evolving, you know?
Right Here, Right Now.

Strong Sauce posted:

I saw an old friend of mine about 8 years ago, and of course after about 15 minutes of talking, politics somehow came up. He was in the process of moving to a new city up north (I live in Miami) and said something about how expensive everything was. I said "Thanks Obama!" in a sarcastic way and it was like he re-booted into conspiracy mode. He started going off about Sandy Hook, and how it was a huge plot to overthrow the 2nd Amendment and remove citizens right to bear arms. I asked him, "So, wait a second...The Government created the whole attack out of thin air?" at this point I was being vague and inquisitive at the same time to fan the flames of his broken brain. His response was, "The U.S. Government is not the government we elected, but a shadow government run by a secret group of worldwide elite who are more rich and more powerful than you can imagine!" I said, "Dude, ok...Sandy Hook happened like 4 years ago (this was like 2016, before the election). Why haven't they taken the guns away yet?" He stared at me and said, "There are people who are fighting that battle for us. There is a secret war happening and you have no idea." I said, "Ok man, sorry we couldn't catch up further!" and literally ran away from him. I am sure this guy voted Trump, and regressed further into Chuddom, and eventually attended the Januray 6th riots, because a mutual friend of ours told me as much. I can now how see the threads of crazy slowly crept into this guys life, all the way back to him recommending a book when I was in college called "Behold a Pale Horse" all about aliens and conspiracy theories that eventually found themselves into Q-anon-flavored horseshit.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

They sleep nude in an oxygen tent they believe gives them sexual powers.

ShimaTetsuo
Sep 9, 2001

Maximus Quietus

Shanghaied posted:

Pump and dump involves making false or misleading public statements about a company and/or its shares, so that you can unload your shares when the price goes up.

Buying a large amount of a share will inevitably drive up its price, and is not pump and dump by definition.

Now, if Musk had said to his fans beforehand "hi guys I'm buying twitter shares so I can save free speech" and all the morons rush to buy, thinking everything Musk touches turns into gold, but then Musk unloads all his twitter shares, then it would be a pump and dump.

Lucky for him, he was smart enough/had lawyers tell him to keep his dumb mouth shut.

what musky did this time is precisely the opposite: because the price would go up as soon as his followers got word that he was investing, he delayed filing required forms so that he could keep buying more stocks at the lower price.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
He didn’t outright say he was buying stock but he telegraphed it a week or so in advance with all his posting about wanting to change up social media.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

The Last Call posted:

They sleep nude in an oxygen tent they believe gives them sexual powers.

Hmm, yes, the one thing the eye is best known for is... *checks notes* ...projecting energy.

You know, like Superman.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Tarquinn posted:

Hmm, yes, the one thing the eye is best known for is... *checks notes* ...projecting energy.

You know, like Superman.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Donald Trump’s presidency associated with significant changes in the topography of prejudice in the United States

https://www.psypost.org/2022/04/don...ed-states-62880

A series of 13 studies with over 10,000 participants tested the change in Americans’ prejudice following the presidency of Donald Trump. The researchers found that explicit racial and religious prejudice increased amongst Trump’s supporters, while prejudice decreased among those who opposed him. This research was published in Nature Human Behavior.

In recent decades, there has been a downward trend in prejudice toward racial and religious minorities. However, some studies suggest that racial and religious prejudice had a critical role in Trump’s presidential victory. While some commentators have suggested that numerous trends following the 2016 elections (e.g., increases in reports of hate crimes, minorities reporting more discrimination) point toward a rise in racial and religious prejudice in America, others have argued that these increases may be a consequence of “increased national attention to issues of prejudice.” Other commentators from both sides of the political spectrum have suggested that even if there has been a rise in discrimination, it only reflects extremist fringe groups, rather than the broader American population.

Across Studies 1-9, Ruisch and Ferguson found that support for Donald Trump predicted “a significant increase in prejudice towards a range of social, racial and religious minoritized groups.” Those who generally opposed Trump, including liberals and conservatives, showed decreases in prejudice in the same time period. Studies 10-13 provided indirect support for the mechanism behind the shift in social norms.

Trump supporters perceived that expressing prejudice had become more acceptable since his election, and this perception predicted greater personal prejudice among them. As well, “experimentally leading participants to feel that Trump supporters approved of his controversial rhetoric significantly increased Trump supporters’ personal expressions of prejudice .”

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Why the gently caress is it Satanic? What if God really likes the sports projections?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Brawnfire posted:

Why the gently caress is it Satanic? What if God really likes the sports projections?

They don't understand that sometimes poo poo is just weird. That's it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

You know who lovingly constructed the human eye?

That's right SATAN

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

3 stadiums out of thousands worldwide sort of look like eyes

=>

eyes are creepy in some art I've seen

=>

laser vision!!!

=>

SATAN

Q.E.D numbskull!!!

This sort of broken-rear end numerology/pattern-matching brain-corroding horseshit has always been with us I guess, but it feels like there's no stopping it from just dissolving all of society at this point

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

the actual end game for incels is to be mods

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

And that IPad’s name? Albert Einstein.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

gas prices as large as hunter's gut busting hog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

My chud kid hangs out with other chud kids at school this is very surprising to me and indicative of a larger trend