Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
So many crunchy bones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x33ByoJTGwc

Make some noise for the bois! The 2021 NL compilation is up if you want to watch something before Dynamite

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Looks like 2k22 got its first decent sized discount (to $39 in US) if you own a gaming PC and were waiting for a price cut https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/wwe-2k22-pc/.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Randallteal posted:

Looks like 2k22 got its first decent sized discount (to $39 in US) if you own a gaming PC and were waiting for a price cut https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/wwe-2k22-pc/.

deluxe edition & season pass are not on sale....but the nWo edition that contains both of those things is also showing as 36% off ($77, down from $120)

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
The fact that the 100 CAW limit has been in these games for like a decade at this point is just nonsense, by the way. Like 2k22 is a way better than some of the more recent games on a pure gameplay level but they desperately need a new engine cause the bloated dinosaur carcass of a one they've been using for these WWE games since literally the PS2 era is beyond hope at this point.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Drakkel posted:

The fact that the 100 CAW limit has been in these games for like a decade at this point is just nonsense, by the way.

It hasn't alway been that way! When they made their debut on the PS4 with WWE 2K15, they cut the CAW slots from 100 to 25, then bumped it up to 100 the next year.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Funny thing in the game - the OMG Curb Stomp/RKO counter is now the default counter to the Curb stomp, including the Randy celebration movements and all.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Wrestling Empire is on sale on Steam. It looks jank but also looks fun for a budget game. Anyone willing to recommend it? It doesn't have to be good it just has to be fun.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

Wrestling Empire is on sale on Steam. It looks jank but also looks fun for a budget game. Anyone willing to recommend it? It doesn't have to be good it just has to be fun.

Is that the new one? I don’t think it’s fun to play (real clunky). But seeing all the chaos makes it fun.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Elephant Ambush posted:

If it's the most recent release, absolutely. It's a really janky game but also really fun and wild.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Mdickie is the Mad Genius of modern wrestling games.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It's real fun

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

I haven't played the newest one but MDickie wrestling games have always been been fun. There's a ton of jank but the jank is part of the fun.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Yeah, from what I played I assumed that the brokenness was a feature not a bug, kind of like the wresting version of Goat Simulator games

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Shard posted:

It's real fun

It is and it's not that difficult once you spend a little time learning the controls. They feel a bit slow to respond, but once you get used to it the game gets way more entertaining as you try to set up dumb spots. The career mode is legit hilarious

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

If the game plays bad but the chaos is fun, that puts it ahead of 2k where the game plays bad and its not even fun to watch it break after the novelty wears off.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
"The Goat Simulator of wrestling games" sold me. Thanks everyone. And it looks like it will actually run on my 2 year old non gaming laptop!

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Prob should let you know that Wrestling Empire does NOT have dismemberment. I say that because I think it was MPire Remix that had that? Whatever the previous rendition was.

Also prob should figure out how to mod the more... unique ideas out. Like the mental health system and maybe the funeral system alone (but keep the graveyard map, you drat right I want a Boneyard Brawl).

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

prob should not do that

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

widespread posted:

and maybe the funeral system
So you just want people to die from a wristlock gone wrong and not get a proper funeral, huh?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

IGgy IGsen posted:

So you just want people to die from a wristlock gone wrong and not get a proper funeral, huh?

Already doing the memorial show where I do that again so idk who's in the wrong :v:

But for real, those bits just feel... off? Of ill intent? I dunno.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I wish I could play Fire Pro on my switch

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dangerous Person posted:

I wish I could play Fire Pro on my switch

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I have touched Fire Pro World in a couple years, how is the modding scene doing these days?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I have touched Fire Pro World in a couple years, how is the modding scene doing these days?

Well, I use Fire Pro a lot and I use mods a lot so uh... you can do plenty of poo poo. If you last checked in a few years ago you probably mist cool stuff like... arena edit (which lets you add elements to arenas and re-texture them and stuff), chain wrestling, move and character specific weapon replacements, mid-match attire changes (the latter two allow you to do stuff like this with a little creativity, because yeah, that shirt is technically one of the weapon sprites replaced by M. Bison's cape but in white.) And that's just stuff that's not under the hood. The best mod is still MoveLists. Though with all things fire pro, you get as much out of it as you put in.

What really makes Fire Pro, though, is MoveCraft. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't wanna play the game without mods anymore but MoveCraft opened the game up so much.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I wush I could play the cool wrestling games on xbox.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Has anyone recreated the latest Stunner on Vince for Firepro?

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

hold on, what do you mean there's a mental health system in wrestling empire

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

hold on, what do you mean there's a mental health system in wrestling empire

if you dont take care of your guy in the open world game mode you will go berserk and try attacking everyone around you

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

KungFu Grip posted:

if you dont take care of your guy in the open world game mode you will go berserk and try attacking everyone around you

that sounds like it would lead to dumb poo poo happening, which is awesome. does this apply to NPCs because that would explain why Red Shoes Unno tried to frog splash me off of the bar when I went there

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

that sounds like it would lead to dumb poo poo happening, which is awesome. does this apply to NPCs because that would explain why Red Shoes Unno tried to frog splash me off of the bar when I went there

people just hate your character randomly and just start fights for no reason

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

:allears: I haven't played Empire since before the new free roaming mode was added. Game was absurd on its own without that mode and now I've gotta jump back into my career of winning titles and then leaving the company for another that pays me more :v:

I'm sure I've pissed off enough people that I'll never make it around the free roam areas without being jumped lol.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

joylessdivision posted:

:allears: I haven't played Empire since before the new free roaming mode was added. Game was absurd on its own without that mode and now I've gotta jump back into my career of winning titles and then leaving the company for another that pays me more :v:

I'm sure I've pissed off enough people that I'll never make it around the free roam areas without being jumped lol.

somebody tell the nL guys to pick back up that save where they got everybody fired from every promotion in massive Loser Leaves Town battle royals

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

people just hate your character randomly and just start fights for no reason

the wwe experience

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

My first MDickie career mode ever ended after the first match because I died in the ring

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Eat My Fuc posted:

My first MDickie career mode ever ended after the first match because I died in the ring

Yeah I made the mistake of making my dude my age (36) I survived 2 matches before dying due to being thrown out of the ring. 12/10 game

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
look at this cool poo poo someone is doing with create a parts in fire pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOeTAL5Chl0

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

look at this cool poo poo someone is doing with create a parts in fire pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOeTAL5Chl0

Nice to see Servo keeping busy when Jonah doesn't need him

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Can I do Fire Pro on an M1 Mac? What’s the best route? Parallels? Never tried Windows stuff on Mac and this is the only thing that has ever sparked a desire to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Yo Wrestling Empire owns. It's exactly what I hoped it would be. Janky as gently caress but goofy fun. I'm having a blast.