Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

joylessdivision posted:

I have a series of photos of that character posing near either N54 anchors I found on the street, or near N54 signs while making silly faces that I've dubbed the "Local Idiot harasses news crews"

the hideous jacket and bandanna really sells it I think

I didn't know you could interrupt the broadcast, so I stopped by to say hi too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

v1ld posted:

Speaking of the extreme but understated detail in this game, 2 Arasaka board members with a cool view of the parade. Chances are we won't even notice them, let alone scan them to see who they are and what they're doing up here.

I enjoy this mission very much even on this second run. There are some beautiful views along the way, too.

Game is beautiful. This is with RT cranked to max, other than RT Lighting which is at Ultra instead of Psycho.

What mod is this again?

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Great pics! Found a couple more from my recent playthrough.

Praise the sun (ending)!

At least Johnny's happy.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Hulk Smash! posted:

I see that you also understand that whistling face is the best face for photo mode :hmmyes:

It really is perfect for some of the poses

Another couple from the parade

And of course, Nibbles

Loved those creepy cyber eyes.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

I like the reflection of the apartment number in the wall - RT Lighting Ultra turns many things into emissive lights, which is cool. Many of the ads in the road or embedded in the sidewalk's edge become emissive and cause reflections for instance.

Pensive, as he should be. Love the hyper accurate lighting here.

Spoilered because it's a big story beat, but I love the atmosphere in scenes like this.

Arglebargle III posted:

What mod is this again?

If you mean the extra details in the scanner in the first pic, that's from Lifepath Bonuses and Gang-Corp Traits. All of RMK's mods are worth checking out.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Almost every main story area is lit up the wazoo and looks great. Misty's, Fingers', Lizzy's, Sunset Motel, they're all great showcases for RT.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

joylessdivision posted:

It really is perfect for some of the poses
Agreed.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

joylessdivision posted:

Yup, you can take your time. There's actually one balcony with a prompt to let you lean and listen to the singer. It's really cool. I think it's when you get a good shot of the dragon float.

This balcony specifically.

According to the IGN guide, you have to do it after "Playing for Time" but before "Double Life". Which if I'm remembering correctly you don't have any real direction to go to Pacifica at that point. I forgot to do it on this current play through so unfortunately I still haven't actually done the quest yet.
You can do it without the quest at any time. It’s not obvious but you need to drop down to where the junction box is, scan it with your optics and then you can fix it.

Johnny is still there with you during the ride but you miss all the rest of the dialogue about it.

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 11, 2022

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

This game is pretty as hell. Thanks for sharing the screenshots everyone.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

v1ld posted:

These and the others above are neat. This thread needs more pics.

Just chillin with the bestie :)

Bonus Johnny's car, it's weird how driving with mouse and keyboard feels better than a controller

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

joylessdivision posted:

According to the IGN guide, you have to do it after "Playing for Time" but before "Double Life". Which if I'm remembering correctly you don't have any real direction to go to Pacifica at that point. I forgot to do it on this current play through so unfortunately I still haven't actually done the quest yet.

You don't get directed to pacifica until later.

Mercurius posted:

You can do it without the quest at any time. It’s not obvious but you need to drop down to where the junction box is, scan it with your optics and then you can fix it.

Johnny is still there with you during the ride but you miss all the rest of the dialogue about it.

This was how I did it the first play through.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

Bonus Johnny's car, it's weird how driving with mouse and keyboard feels better than a controller

I really like the saturated look in these shots - I assume you're using the effects in camera mode? I need to use that mode more as it's so neat, instead of just taking screenshots.

One of my favorite pics from my first run when the game came out. The sun's coming up on the right but Night City's hanging on its shadows. Which way does she go?

Is there a mission in this building? Looks like City Hall. I don't remember going into it.

Some other cool pics from this run.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Capn Beeb posted:

Nice to see someone else did the "V and Claire, NC Badasses" photos as well

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I skipped all of Claire's stuff because driving was so janky on release. Did they fix it?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I dunno about fixed, but it feels better. If you use the Javelina it basically cheeses the race.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
The races were generally fairly fun, and the first one was the hardest. The only issue was that, and this was the only time it happened to me in quite a lengthy playthrough, I kept getting catapaulted into the sky during the first race (this wasn't what made it the hardest!) and failing the race for going out of bounds or something. It happened like 3 times, in a couple of different spots.

You could see how incredibly not real the races were if you went third person and took a look at the rubber banding and so forth, which made my decision to drive in first person vindicated once more.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

You know, for a gang, the Tyger Claws are pretty bold in their advertising...

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I put up a small little imgur album here of some of my favorite shots.

https://imgur.com/a/XUaYasT

Also, I just so happened to run into the most upfront Keanu reference in the game, the last pic in the album. Had no idea what was up until Johnny commented on it and then I read the file on him.

That guy was supposed to be Neo, but he plummeted to his death when trying to escape from the agents

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

I haven't come across that Keanu reference yet. It's pretty cool just how much incidental detail is spread across this huge city. Just the voice work for the random conversations you walk by must've been a lot of work.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Here's a little scav nest where they were working on this unfortunate guy. It's under the pier next to the Grand Imperial Mall but I only noticed it by chance when on the way to see if I could run the roller coaster mission in this run after all the chat about being locked out.

What's impressive is the level of detail. There's a little area behind me in the picture. There's even a sign that says "Keeps donors sedated." This isn't a mission or a gig, just something you stumble across if you're paying attention.

Also check the sunlight on the pier supports on the left. Game is just lovely in its lighting.

E: Locked out of the mission this time. I got to do it on my first run, so I guess I'll just do the ride itself with Johnny this time.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Apr 12, 2022

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
I found that guy too when I was trying to figure out where the drat electrical panel for the roller coaster was without the mission.

I found it eventually.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i kinda wish there more races aside from the claire missions even if i love those missions and her character and story but it would be cool if you had a reason to buy the cars. also another source of income to loving buy the cars would be good because holy poo poo autojock is such a dumb achievement but i digress

also speaking of tedious achievements is there any way of knowing what fast travel stations you haven’t visited yet?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

v1ld posted:

I really like the saturated look in these shots - I assume you're using the effects in camera mode? I need to use that mode more as it's so neat, instead of just taking screenshots.

One of my favorite pics from my first run when the game came out. The sun's coming up on the right but Night City's hanging on its shadows. Which way does she go?

Is there a mission in this building? Looks like City Hall. I don't remember going into it.

Some other cool pics from this run.

Thanks :) I adjusted levels a little bit in the car pic, but the other one is just default in game brightness/contrast settings

joylessdivision posted:

Nice to see someone else did the "V and Claire, NC Badasses" photos as well

It's too bad Claire's story just ends, she's cool :(

Also the parade market area is so good, drat

yay video game photography :buddy:

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

watho posted:

i like the photo mode a lot

I'm curious, have they expanded the scope and features of photo mode since release?

2077 felt like such a step down compared to Witcher 3 that I couldn't bring myself to finish it on release but between all these patches I'm wondering if I shouldn't give it another shot. And photo mode was always a highlight for me!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
They’ve added new poses.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

love 2 watch my corpos cyber

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Yeah it's funny people often speculate about a big dlc would even fit into the story but honestly I'd pay money for questpacks that just extend some of the stories that already exist by a few hours, e.g. more Claire, more Judy, etc.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Rinkles posted:

They’ve added new poses.

A poser-gang!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Bust Rodd posted:

love 2 watch my corpos cyber

watching brands brand each other is so kinky i love it

edit: sorry for double-posting

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Sounds like there will be more 1.5-like patches along with DLC: Cyberpunk 2077 Is Far From Finished: "We Are All Aware There Is Work To Be Done"

This game is now in my top something games, post-1.5 and with RT lighting on top. The writing and setting always appealed to me. The gameplay has improved significantly with 1.5 to where vanilla with just the one level scaling mod would be fun.

It's good to hear they're continuing to invest in it.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
yeah more friends and expanded plotlines for the original four would be cool. The Judy/Panam/River/Kerry quests are the strongest in the game imo

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Agreed. Fleshing out what's already there would be a great idea. Blue eyes included.

I'd like to see more on some of the existing tensions too: Miltech vs the Wraiths out in the Badlands for e.g.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
I wanna join the gangs and do gang stuff.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

v1ld posted:

Agreed. Fleshing out what's already there would be a great idea. Blue eyes included.

I'd like to see more on some of the existing tensions too: Miltech vs the Wraiths out in the Badlands for e.g.

Night City and its surroundings are already a fantastic open map, they just need to actually *fill* some more of those intriguing buildings and squares and vistas with things to do there and people to interact with. Bugs aside, it's an enviable foundation from which to build upon.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Mendrian posted:

Yeah it's funny people often speculate about a big dlc would even fit into the story but honestly I'd pay money for questpacks that just extend some of the stories that already exist by a few hours, e.g. more Claire, more Judy, etc.

Yeah! I'd like something to do with the overarching plot of some of the little NCPD quests where the journals you find point to something fishy going on with Biotechnica as well

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I really want a new game + to be impelmented

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Aoi posted:

Night City and its surroundings are already a fantastic open map, they just need to actually *fill* some more of those intriguing buildings and squares and vistas with things to do there and people to interact with. Bugs aside, it's an enviable foundation from which to build upon.

They should totally offer the city up as a kind of game creator suite. "Stories of Night City" or something. No other open world inspires awe in me like this.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Seriously, each time I go into a new zone it almost feels like a different game. Rancho Coranado is awesome and needs its own rentable house.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I would be surprised if we got just one expansion, to be honest. Despite the state of the launch the game sold a bazillion copies, so having a couple expansions would be in line with how they supported Witcher 3. That game is a good blueprint. I think having the expansion be post-base game would be neat. I think the biggest hurdle for anything else is Keanu Reeves. Having a mid-story expansion where Johnny doesn't chime in or crack wise would be really weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
It would be the first time a game company has ever realized the worth of its own half-formed initial creation and invested in the original game as opposed to releasing a series of games.

But I really do hope they do go that way.