Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

that stuff gave me turbo diarrhea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
That happens to me every time the wife and I get the Trader Joe's Greek cheese spiral. It's loving worth it.

At what point does "cheese bread" become "cheese with justenough bread to not be pure cheese"?

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

D34THROW posted:

That happens to me every time the wife and I get the Trader Joe's Greek cheese spiral. It's loving worth it.

At what point does "cheese bread" become "cheese with justenough bread to not be pure cheese"?

Saganaki with that light dusting of flour

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

It's probably all the butter and other grease. If you eat a mostly low-ish fat diet that kind of gut bomb can really oil up the works and get things moving.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

PokeJoe posted:

that stuff gave me the "Trader Joe's Greek Cheese Spiral"

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Cyrano4747 posted:

It's probably all the butter and other grease. If you eat a mostly low-ish fat diet that kind of gut bomb can really oil up the works and get things moving.

anecdotally to support this, my partner and i took a trip to Nashville years ago and this was exactly my life. everything was made with lard, lotta grease, etc and we're mostly pescatarian eaters, so when i went hard on some hot chicken and other barbecue i was fuckin MISERABLE on the flight home. like, it was so bad i had a barf bag out and ready.

with that being said i'm probably going to destroy one of those cheesy bread things and i will feel no remorse for my gut rebelling :colbert:

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

Cyrano4747 posted:

I'm a goon, the gently caress is a low-fat diet?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

topenga posted:

Hit up the church last Friday and discovered an early miracle. The pull apart cheese bread that seems to only come out at Christmas was in stock. It had different packaging and says it had garlic as well as cheese and herbs.
Also, the Junior's mini cheesecakes were in the freezer section again.

PBUC

I'm a fat rear end, so we toss some of the Mexican cheese blend on there before baking, because you can never have too much cheese.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

binge crotching posted:

I'm a fat rear end, so we toss some of the Mexican cheese blend on there before baking, because you can never have too much cheese.

lol drat dude

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I, too, am comprised of 43% cheese sauce

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

binge crotching posted:

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

binge crotching posted:

There are better ways to get yourself constipated, my dude.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
bury me in the costco cheese isle

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

binge crotching posted:

This is the way.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Chinatown posted:

bury me in the costco cheese isle

Costco cheese isle of man

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

PokeJoe posted:

Absolutely, I made some today

It's extremely easy and easily a tier above 100% of store bought I ever tried. It's so simple you don't even really need a recipe. Heres what I did:

Soak 1 cup dried chickpeas overnight in just water. Drain, add more water and boil until soft, 60-90 mins. maybe more or less depending on the age of the chickpea. Just eat one every once in a while till it taste cooked and no longer gritty

Drain those in a collander and put them in your food processor. Add some tahini, I used 8oz because that was half the container.

I also sauteed a bunch of garlic, maybe 5 bulbs in 1/4 cup olive oil

Let cool a little and put this in the food processor. Add another 1/4c oil and process. If it seems dry add some water, otherwise trickle in oil until it looks as smooth as you like. Add some salt to taste.

That's it. I put it in containers and pour more oil on top and eat it with pita chips or veggies or whatever. My gf doesn't like hummus at all unless I make it's then she really likes it. Give it a try

What food processor do you use? That looks incredibly smooth.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

topenga posted:

Hit up the church last Friday and discovered an early miracle. The pull apart cheese bread that seems to only come out at Christmas was in stock. It had different packaging and says it had garlic as well as cheese and herbs.
Also, the Junior's mini cheesecakes were in the freezer section again.

PBUC

The only problem with this one is there are 2 loaves, after getting thru the first you probably won't even wanna look at the second for a long while. Probably would be good to freeze though!

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

binge crotching posted:

No fat/cheese shaming from me, brother, you keep on keepin on.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Never will one brother shame another for cheese consumption.

Nor butter cinnamon bread, amen.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 11, 2022

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

EVG posted:

What food processor do you use? That looks incredibly smooth.

its a cuisinart 14 cup

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
We were blessed in the office with an uncut Apple pie. The three of us have eaten only a quarter of it. This should last the week at least.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Needed 10 pounds of golds or russets for mashed potatoes and all Costco has is 50 pound bags of bakers or 5 pound bags of those little creamers.

Thanks a lot, Biden.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

bird with big dick posted:

Needed 10 pounds of golds or russets for mashed potatoes and all Costco has is 50 pound bags of bakers or 5 pound bags of those little creamers.

Thanks a lot, Biden.

You’re my little creamer.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

apparently the rock's energy drink is now being stocked at Costco. I'm buying a case next time, even though I rarely drink energy drinks. Anyone here seen it/tried it? I've heard good things.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
It has 160mgs of caffeine which is 140 less than most so it won't get you as jacked up if you drink it vs a Bang or Monster. Everything else about it is just bs though

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

D34THROW posted:

There are better ways to get yourself constipated, my dude.

Name one

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

12” French bread stick filled with Cheetos and a gallon of milk.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
That has the not constipating effect for me personally

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

SirPablo posted:

I've never cooked with tofu before but figured it was worth a $6 adventure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vWIenK4p60

it's worth mentioning this video recommends against pressing the liquid out of the tofu, also

kreeningsons fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Apr 12, 2022

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

B-Rock452 posted:

It has 160mgs of caffeine which is 140 less than most so it won't get you as jacked up if you drink it vs a Bang or Monster. Everything else about it is just bs though

Bangs have 300 but Monsters are also 160

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

BigPaddy posted:

12” French bread stick filled with Cheetos and a gallon of milk.

Milk, famous for give people solid, firm poops and not any kind of violent watery discharge.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I buy The Rock's tequila at Costco because it's $23 which is a good price, but I wouldn't buy it for the $30 it sells everywhere else.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Bought 4 of the Adirondack polywood chairs from the 'Co. Highly recommended, expensive but seem like they'll hold up for 20+ years no problem. They are heavy as hell though, like 40 pounds each. So not something you'll be moving around a ton.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Bought 4 of the Adirondack polywood chairs from the 'Co. Highly recommended, expensive but seem like they'll hold up for 20+ years no problem. They are heavy as hell though, like 40 pounds each. So not something you'll be moving around a ton.

I have two of them I bought three years ago. They look just as good as when I bought them. I've had many front porch beers in those chairs.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Stop buying cakes. You don't need a cake for easter it's not a thing

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Gaius Marius posted:

Yes, I buy cakes year round instead because cakes rule.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

The hell kinda advice is this??

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004
I'm late to the garlic chat but let me bring you all into the light:

Pealing garlic with your bare hands is easy as gently caress if you twist the glove back and forth a few times before you peel back the papery bits. Imagine you were trying to break a garlic glove in half by twisting it. That's the motion, just don't go so far as to break it. You're welcome.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

Aren’t you the air fryer cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Pies are better anyway.