Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I think something missing from your various comments is the presence of Sol/Entity, because an actual god-like power changes a lot of what you wrote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Zachack posted:

I think something missing from your various comments is the presence of Sol/Entity, because an actual god-like power changes a lot of what you wrote.

Me?

I believe Sol/Entity is just something that human resistance came up with, something like a Wizard of Oz. Maybe originally intended to flock the more devolved humans away from the AI control, and than used to manipulate humans on Earth to do as they needed (go to 22b).

And its god-like powers are just future tech

The AI created the EMF field to prevent it from influencing the ex-humans on the tropical part of the planet. But for some reason, it left the rest of the planet unprotected, and than from there they were able to send the transmission to Earth

Something like that

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Elias_Maluco posted:

Ah yes, I forgot he was also called Campion

edit

I think he also received some revelation from the signal to create Mother. He was a mithriac before, right? Probably he also got some kind of message that prompted him to switch sides and do what he did so a necromancer would be sent to 22b

The way I see, the signal was manipulating both sides of the war in order put the pieces it needed in place on 22b

Yeah, I am wondering if what you spoilered is maybe the case, or how real Mother's memories of him are

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I don't want to sound dramatic but I will self-immolate if this isn't renewed for a third season.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Why don’t you make like a tree and get sol outta there

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Hughmoris posted:

I don't want to sound dramatic but I will self-immolate if this isn't renewed for a third season.

Same, but I will piss and poo poo my pants instead

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Ill be very very disappointed

Im really loving this crazy story and now I cant stop speculating about it

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i like this show more than u

Regretful Humming
Apr 27, 2015
I would shove all of your arms into holes to manifest another season.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Dear HBO Max,

Get out your loving checkbooks and then get into the rickety dodecahedron attatched to a rusted chain.

Your friend in Sol,

Gonz

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Those rickety dodecahedrons should be on an elastic bungie rope and be like

F-DOING

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Unkempt posted:

Those rickety dodecahedrons should be on an elastic bungie rope and be like

F-DOING

With a giant snake at the bottom, like a game!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Hughmoris posted:

Yeah that's the plan

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I'm gonna be honest here, nobody is gonna give a poo poo if you set yourself on fire. Not in the current attention economy. You gotta get big and creative if you want to achieve something, really catch people's attentions. Maybe something milk related, like those European milk protests

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
I heard that the second season is over. If I liked season one enough to be curious but not like, crazy interested in season two, is two worth watching?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Eason the Fifth posted:

I heard that the second season is over. If I liked season one enough to be curious but not like, crazy interested in season two, is two worth watching?

Yes. 100%

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Eason the Fifth posted:

Watch Season 2 or the mods will lower you into a pit.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Stick your arm in the season 2 hole and be proven.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
me when the chuckledunks at hbo making a new dragontales prequel but not announce season 3 of robo mommy milker show

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

is there a ritual we can collectively perform to ensure that Sol grants another season?

e: asking for a de-evolved friend

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I will also poo poo and piss in that guy's pants

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Eason the Fifth posted:

I guess I'm in the minority here. I liked S1 and all it's batshit craziness, but found S2 a real slog and gave up after a few episodes. I felt the pace of the show slowed way down and the weirdness was not dialed up quite enough to keep me hooked.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

If anything I thought the pace sped up a bunch, I'd be worried people would be too overwhelmed by the amount of weird poo poo in s2

Regretful Humming
Apr 27, 2015
Yeah, season 2 dialed up the weirdness even more than season 1.

Edit:

If anything, the first part of season 2 let you kind of settle into the weird poo poo from season 1 and just before you get comfortable, it knocks you over with even crazier poo poo.

Regretful Humming fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Apr 8, 2022

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I also thought S2 was both faster and weirder than 1, but I like them both

Also S1 was less weird ion general, but the snake birth surely took most by surprise. I guess in S2 we were already expecting the weird

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Regretful Humming posted:

I would shove all of your arms into holes to manifest another season.

McSpanky posted:

Stick your arm in the season 2 hole and be proven.

:hai:

I wonder if we can get a social media campaign together, having fans stick their arms into every hole they find until a S3 renewal is announced.

#ArmsIn

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Having caught up on season 2, the idea that there wouldn't be a 3rd season of this bizarre, beautiful, stupid, wonderful show is so painful to me.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Hughmoris posted:

:hai:

I wonder if we can get a social media campaign together, having fans stick their arms into every hole they find until a S3 renewal is announced.

#ArmsIn

What? No, I didn't accidentally get my arm stuck trying to get a freebie from this vending machine, I'm just uh, getting tested by Sol.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
This show strikes a great balance for me. It’s not perfect, but it’s weird/off enough that every decision I’d disagree with on another show just makes me go “huh…ok!”

And this is true literally from the opening scene.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
In this season of Raised by Wolves!!!!!

Mother's lovechild gets put in vegan jail
Father joins a fight club so he can get enough semen to make a new girlfriend
Sue loses her heart to a tree she found in a d12
Campion loses his heart to a girl with no face
An extremely online man can't live without the trust of those he loves
Paul is turned into a pomegranate by CABAL
Vita becomes a gamer
Tempest gives her child up for adoption
Marcus meets a neanderthal and turns him into a zergling with tooth dust
Hunter uses his 205 IQ to build an android that flips you off
Melons are distributed

Good show imo

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
If there is a season three, I fully expect the giant hoversnake corpse to molt on the beach and transform into a cloaked alligator.

Operation: Melon Reclamation is a go.

Also, the source of the Sol transmission will be found, and it’s an enormous biomechanical AI voiced by Malcolm McDowell.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Based on the intro and panspermia, Sol responds to radio waves to detect human life worthy of serving him. Kelper 22b is likely the origin point and is 600 light-years away from Earth. But he heard radio waves faster than 600 years, which means he has listening station. Likely other worlds that were seeded and then conquered.

The inescapable conclusion is that in S3 we are getting another space ship. From another Earth.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The universe about to be recycled, and your only chance to survive or evacuate is to leave with us. 22b are the nice shoes you need to survive the universe recycling.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
ten minutes into season 2

digging around inside mother turns a dude into the hulk
the seas are acid and ragnars having a bad day
a giant mushroom thing is in charge of everyone

gently caress yeah

campeon speaks

nope

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I kind of love Campion at this point because he's a loving hippy. Objectionable to his strictly rationalist mother, objectionable to the hierarchical religious people around him. He's just out there vibing and people are not about it.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Campion is more tolerable now as a clueless hippy weirdo teen who just tries to get along with everyone (including Giant Snake)

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Campion never saw the propaganda films!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuQqlhqAUuQ

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
"Why would you do something as stupid as fall in love with a robot?" says child's robot mother.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I like Campion. I like that refused both the technocratic ideology and the mithriac faith and made up his own radical pacifist vegan ideology.

And than feel in love with a faceless murderous robot girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Elias_Maluco posted:

I like Campion. I like that refused both the technocratic ideology and the mithriac faith and made up his own radical pacifist vegan ideology.

And than feel in love with a faceless murderous robot girl

I can't believe they ended that plot line so quickly