Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I dreamed that our little 12 lb. dog became huge and we had to keep him in my parents' house for the safety of everyone else. But various miscreants kept coming to the door to rile him up, for example a nude postal worker who mimed pooping on the front stoop and this wide disheveled guy with a sniper rifle who kept peering in windows with a maniac grin. At the end of the dream a great big chow chow came bounding up and each time its front paws hit the hardwood thunder pealed. I started panicking and saw the sniper rifle guy crawling from the bathroom on all fours, at which point I started screaming in my sleep so I got woken up for being rude. Not that BYOB a dream except for having two giant dogs in it, which in isolation I love

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
🎶 haven't had a dream in a long time 🎶

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

nitsuga

Areola Grande posted:

I hope you do soon. I too was having a spell without. :(

LiddleTeapot

I have a couple of dreams with ongoing storylines that I'll drop into every so often. Like I might have 2 or 3 different dreams, all from different stories, within a night. Some of them I don't remember really in the waking world (other than the vague impression that they exist), but the minute I fall into a dream from that storyline, I remember it completely and recall that it's one of these ongoing dreams. Others I can remember in the finest of detail, down to sensations, smells, tastes, sounds, etc. There's some pretty comprehensive lore for some of these, and I've got half a mind to try and convert one or two into a DnD campaign or something. I'm not a great crearive writer but I'll give it a go :)

---
Within this world, I'm the elected leader of a small nomadic group of people, mainly women. While I am this character, they're not me. The reason I'm the elected leader is simple, I have the ability to fly. Less flapflap bird fly, more buoyant in air fly. Kinda like swimming, but without the resistance of the water.

Anyway, the reason this is so important is because we live in a The Time Machine (2002) post-moon incident-style world, living in huge weaved basket nets that hang from huge steel pitons driven into cliff faces, free-hanging. This style of life has been established to protect us (somehow) from these pale goblin-like creatures (think the Falmer from Skyrim, same vibe) that come out at night and hunt based on vibrations they pick up through their hands and feet (they run around on all fours). They're simply called "Them."

Humans going about their lives as we do in the modern day created vibrations that drew Them right to them, and those that survived did so by climbing trees or being on boats or by being in inaccessible locations, anywhere that disperses the vibrations and motions of human life to be within expected norms, basically camouflage. Our group lives in the baskets, other groups live in tree-top homes and floating man-made islands.

Anyway my dreams in this storyline usually revolve around me solving problems for and developing relationships with the various people within my group. :)

Chrs

last night I dreamed that pugs grew up to be horses

Escape From Noise

I swung a beer mug at the face of a guy I don't like and yelled at him to STFU about his dumb politics stuff. He responded with "fair enough". Weird poo poo.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 8, 2022

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
A new kind of Bobby Hill emerged from the kitchen floor and I pondered - was this the new KotH reboot? Why would I be having a premonition? Why now?

midnight_skies

"b'oh"

(_8^(|)
I dreamt that I had Jake from Adventure Time as a dog, and for some reason I had to keep it a secret. I can only clearly remember this part of the dream:

quote:

Old guy, whose house I was entering: Why doesn't your dog come in with you?
Me: Sorry, he can't, he knows what Wi-Fi is.
Old guy: Oh, ok... (Wait, my dog knows what wi-fi is and he can be inside. Something's going on...)

I also remember throwing up a bunch of rice, like a solid block of it.

kalel

Escape From Noise posted:

I swung a beer mug at the face of a guy I don't like and yelled at him to STFU about his dumb politics stuff. He responded with "fair enough". Weird poo poo.

dream logic is pretty crazy sometimes

biosterous

i had a dream about buying "taco soup mix" from the grocery store, and it came in a box that was made of tortilla chips so you could just chuck the whole thing into the broth/water and break up the box with a spoon and there you go

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Areola Grande

biosterous posted:

i had a dream about buying "taco soup mix" from the grocery store, and it came in a box that was made of tortilla chips so you could just chuck the whole thing into the broth/water and break up the box with a spoon and there you go

million dollar idea imho

there's never enough taco soup

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
I had a dream where I was playing the second Pheonix Wright game and there was a whole thing about a machiavelian magician or clown or something.

That might have just been the game though. I don't know?

Farecoal

There he go

Prurient Squid posted:

I had a dream where I was playing the second Pheonix Wright game and there was a whole thing about a machiavelian magician or clown or something.

That might have just been the game though. I don't know?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAaCZNKfWaA

Prurient Squid

Plant MONSTER. posted:

A new kind of Bobby Hill emerged from the kitchen floor and I pondered - was this the new KotH reboot? Why would I be having a premonition? Why now?

This... sounds like that scene from Terminator 2. Did the real bobby drop the coffee cup?

Finger Prince

Just before my alarm went off, I dreamed I was getting attacked by a rufous hummingbird. I was antagonizing it though. Staring it in the eyes and going like "come on! Come get some!" and then diving to the ground as he swooped over me.

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 18, 2022

The Mighty Moltres

Come! We must fly!

I have multiple dreams each night, but I rarely have nightmares.
HOWEVER, I had a terrifying dream a few nights ago that I literally woke up screaming from.
I was in a room at my childhood home.
My mom came in, holding an open book.
She asked me why all the letters were backward, so I looked, and told her they seemed fine to me.
Then I looked at her, and her face was drooping.
I managed to catch her when she collapsed, then she began speaking incoherently.
I knew she was having a stroke.
I yelled for my dad, but he was either not home or couldn't hear me.
I yelled and and yelled, and I woke up.
Probably the worst dream I've ever had.

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
:(

The Mighty Moltres

Come! We must fly!

It's okay because when I told her about it the next day, she laughed and said "I'm not going anywhere!"
She's 70 years old and healthier than a millennial in their prime.

Escape From Noise

I keep having this dream where I use lager yeast to make a Belgian golden strong because I heard somewhere it works I guess, but it doesn't and I get really mad at myself for it.

Prurient Squid

I had a dream where there were these badgers that had evolved to be camoflaged so they look like a pack of wolves when they're just sleeping under the sun. And I picked one of them up because it was cute.

Plant MONSTER.

I had a dream I found a turd in a blanket

Farecoal

There he go
Two pretty disturbing dreams recently:

1. I woke up and realized my dad had tried to kill me by injecting acid into me. When I tried to use my phone, it began smoking out of the crack in the screen because of all the acid in my system. I also felt kind of acrid (can't think of a better word) all over. Can't remember much else because it was a few days ago.

This next one is really awful (as in trigger warning awful) so I'm putting it in spoilers.

2. I was a member of this coed fraternity which was known for partying. One of the older supervisors, who had been there for years, organized this club activity called "Becoming a Man", which I was pressured to sign up for. It involved taking one of the fraternity woman (one who I was sort of friends with) to a room in the basement and sexually assaulting her. I walked away from it but did nothing to stop or report it. When this was finally found out (due to a unrelated investigation about inedible, moldy food being served), the supervisor was fired, and the students who participated were moved to other fraternities. Nobody was arrested. I felt horrible about not speaking up, and ended up having a long talk with the victim. She forgave me in the end, and that was the end of the dream.

I was never in a fraternity and was only at a 4-year college for 1 semester.

Prurient Squid

I had a dream it was HOGMANY. And I was in a pub and there was guiness all round and really good times.

e: my mam thinks that this is my body unconciously telling me that I need nutrients that are found in guiness.

Prurient Squid fucked around with this message at 11:28 on May 3, 2022

Farecoal

There he go
A Canadian goose suddenly appeared in my bed. I was freaked out and thought it was going to attack me but it just looked around a little bit then sat down and went to sleep.

MCMXCV

Dream from Tuesday morning, May 24th, 2022

I was with my entire family (Mom, dad, brother, etc) at what seemed to be a hotel that reminded me of the ones I've gone to on Marco Island. This dream may very well have taken place there. Storm clouds were looming.

It's a huge hotel. We go to reception and the lady was so much of an rear end in a top hat to us. We end up getting stuck in super lovely suites. We try to make the best of it and end up going to the pool area, where there's easy access to the beach.

I rid around on the sea on this jet ski sort of thing. Imagine one of those transparent boats but it was a jet ski. The view from the perspective of the dream was as if it was being shot from a drone way high up in the sky. It looked like I was levitating above water moving fast as hell.

When I got back to shore, I met up with my family who was still at the pool. Went to the bar to get a drink and when I come back, some random guy was acting very belligerent towards my dad. He took out a knife and started waving it around threatening to stab us.

He actually stabbed my dad in the head but my dad wasn't phased and kept on grappling with him, with a knife sticking out of his head. I got involved and ended up getting stabbed as well by another knife this guy had. I took the knife out of where he stabbed me from and used it to stab him in the back over and over again while he was occupied with my dad and he went down.

My family just stood there, and my dad said something about having a headache and his head hurts. I took out the knife that was still in his head and we headed back to reception to tell them what occurred, in our heads hoping this would be enough to get us an upgrade to higher class suites.

I woke up when the receptionist told us we were entitled to a free upgrade.

Prurient Squid

I had a dream Darth Vader painted himself pink bit by bit and then did the same with his car.

Ice Phisherman

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

A couple months ago I had a dream that I was cuddling a duck. It was hands down the chillest and most relaxing dream I’ve ever had and I think it also was a kind of turning point because I have fewer stress nightmares now.

10/10 would suggest cuddling ducks in dreams.

biosterous

had a dream that i was thinking about past relationships and their length. thought "huh, i guess my relationship with [chill ex] was my longest relationship, it was almost a year and a half". then in the dream i thought "no, goofus, you've been fuckin married for six years lmao"

then i woke up and laughed that even when i'm asleep i will make dumb brain mistakes and then laugh at myself about them :D

(relationship length numbers were accurate, which is also very weird for my dreams)

gallery of sigs

he/him

Ohtori Akio
had a posting dream. i poorly cropped a screenshot and was doxed without mercy then woke up two hours before my alarm

Prurient Squid

I had a dream where I won the trial and was released from prison and celebrated by gonig to a William Shatner exhibition but I was the only one who turned up.

The Hello Machine

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
My dream last night revealed to me the most common way people die from ghost attacks: they see ectoplasm on the ground and they think it's egg white and they stop what they're doing to look for the yolk. That's when the ghost gets them.

baka of lathspell

i just remember jareth was in an elevator with me and the doors opened and he scampered out and for some reason i was like fly free little bird, onto my next dream objective

irl that would be 5 heart attacks

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell

Areola Grande posted:

is this a reference to Salem

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

kalel

The Hello Machine posted:

My dream last night revealed to me the most common way people die from ghost attacks: they see ectoplasm on the ground and they think it's egg white and they stop what they're doing to look for the yolk. That's when the ghost gets them.

I'll pin this in the ground yolk hunter discord server. thanks for the heads up

The Hello Machine

kalel posted:

thanks for the heads up
o7

Anyway, this time I had a dream that I was very nostalgic about Paramore even though I didn't really listen to them back when they were big.

I was also nostalgic for some emo band called "Heart to be Here" which I don't think actually exists and if they do I've never heard of them before.

The Hello Machine fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Aug 8, 2022

Areola Grande

baka fwocka fwame posted:

is this a reference to Salem

https://youtu.be/w3qPMe_cCJk

no it's from this Smiths song

Prurient Squid

I dreamt I was tucking in my bedsheets really nice and comfy. But then I was doing something else, blacking out the windows of an automobile in preperation for the "perfect crime" except after it disappered into the night a guy on a high tech motorcycle tried to run me down.

Prurient Squid

I was naked in Poland at night people's sprinklers from their houses were spraying me so I went
in a changing room to steal some clothes and tried to look inconspicuous.

biosterous

the subway train had toilets on it and i used one and it was completely normal to me and all the other passengers

gallery of sigs

he/him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Hello Machine

I had a dream about points floating in 3 dimensional space casting shadows onto 2 dimensional planes