Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jimmy doesn't realize that Lalo dies via Mike at the end of the series and when he's kidnapped he starts blaming Nacho to shift blame from him and Kim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

honestly, i think lalo’s gotta be alive at that point. either dies between BB season 2 and 4, or somehow manages to trick gus.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

"Lay low, Lalo"

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Lalo will be shown digging up the body of Hank, leaping to the heavens and bringing his soul back down, then he'll do a "we may be on different sides but we have a common enemy" speech and that will set up a new sequel series where Hank and Lalo try to find Nacho together.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
I want a happy ending for Kim and Gene, and the Walt and Jesse scenes to establish that Kim was part of Saul’s life during the events of Breaking Bad. I’ll take whatever they give me though.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

BiggerBoat posted:

- All the Gene prelude, tension building set ups are red herrings and are just there to demonstrate Jimmy's paranoia. I don't think we get a Gene Cinabon payoff.

This would be absolutely awful.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Nep-Nep posted:

Lalo will be shown digging up the body of Hank, leaping to the heavens and bringing his soul back down, then he'll do a "we may be on different sides but we have a common enemy" speech and that will set up a new sequel series where Hank and Lalo try to find Nacho together.

only Lalo can break the dome (domie) holding hank in

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
The Walt scenes could be from when he and Saul were hiding at the vacuum guy's place. Saul just kinda disappeared from BB after their final scene together so maybe we get the two of them once more in the vacuum shop.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So much of these cool predictions will have to wait for August when part 2 drops. :(

Nail Rat posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's not a million miles from the truth. They started setting up a series of vignettes about the paranoia of an old, broken man 7 years ago and so far they've stuck to that premise. I'm fully expecting a thematic or character based payoff rather than a narrative one.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
They also said.there would be some payoff there because it would be crazy to not have one, during the long wait between seasons 5 and 6.

https://www.thewrap.com/better-call-saul-gene-takovic-post-breaking-bad-bob-odenkirk/

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Apr 19, 2022

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Nail Rat posted:

Hey, I said everything I predicted would be wrong :shrug:

I just don't think it's gonna be some thing where he's being hunted down by someone really dangerous and more like he's so on edge all the time that he thinks it's worse than it is. Guess we'll see soon.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Nail Rat posted:

They also said.there would be some payoff there because it would be crazy to not have one, during the long wait between seasons 5 and 6.

https://www.thewrap.com/better-call-saul-gene-takovic-post-breaking-bad-bob-odenkirk/

That's Bob Odernkirk explicitly saying he's guessing that there'll be some sort of ending for Gene's character arc but has no idea. :shrug:

BiggerBoat posted:

I just don't think it's gonna be some thing where he's being hunted down by someone really dangerous and more like he's so on edge all the time that he thinks it's worse than it is. Guess we'll see soon.
I'm thinking it'll be this. By that point in his life literally everyone connected with this whole saga will be dead or long gone but he's just a wreckage of a human being.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

A new viewer to BCS who hasn't seen BrBa: "Hmmm... These black and white scenes of Jimmy hiding out under an assumed name. What could have possibly happened to have caused THAT?!

Oh, it's from two characters who make quick cameos in season 6? Huh..."

Like many have said, whatever we think is going to happen is likely wrong but like... how could the main two characters from the original show that was the leading cause of Jimmy hiding from the feds be only in like... 1 or 2 scenes? I just don't get it but I'm sure it'll all come out in a great way.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

was going to sign up for amc+ to watch this but stuck on the credit card bit. the site is either getting hammered, or it's broken. apparently there's some hype for this show

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Anyone know if AMC is putting the episodes up on Amazon or Hulu when they premier? Curious where one might catch it live that isn't AMC's main website.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

A new viewer to BCS who hasn't seen BrBa: "Hmmm... These black and white scenes of Jimmy hiding out under an assumed name. What could have possibly happened to have caused THAT?!

Like many have said, whatever we think is going to happen is likely wrong but like... how could the main two characters from the original show that was the leading cause of Jimmy hiding from the feds be only in like... 1 or 2 scenes? I just don't get it but I'm sure it'll all come out in a great way.

i think this would actually be very easy to pull off if the show was more told from jimmy's perspective. you know, a shady guy reflecting on his life is always gonna gloss over details, so going from "yeah I used to run with drug cartel guys...now i'm stuck here doing this poo poo" and leaving out walter white really wouldn't feel like a stretch. but with the more ensemble focus I think they do need to a bit more connective tissue. we'll see what happens

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

At a certain point there's got to be a limit to how much they can accommodate viewers who haven't seen the show to which this show is a prequel. I wouldn't expect them to try and make BCS completely standalone from BB, it sounds like it would be awkward as hell to try. Having said that, Vince and crew are batting 1000 with me since 2007 so :shrug:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

FWIW I'm using the Philo app on AppleTV. Not sure how exactly it works but I don't think it costs

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Brief nudity :getin:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
We open with ties

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Rageaholic posted:

This is gonna be some mature viewers advised good times

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

fuckin finally the last season

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Barreft posted:

fuckin finally the last season
I'm gonna be so sad when it ends :ohdear: This has consistently been one of the best shows on TV for the last several years

e: lmao, Jimmy was living in a mansion with a literal golden toilet

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Rageaholic posted:

I'm gonna be so sad when it ends :ohdear: This has consistently been one of the best shows on TV for the last several years

I agree, it and Breaking Bad have been highlights of my life for over a decade

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Wait the show is back today!?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rageaholic posted:

It would be funny if that painting counted as it.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

For anyone else looking to stream, it's up on Amazon right now.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
The bottle topper :(

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
Oh poo poo a plane is gonna crash over Saul’s office

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

What in the fuuuuuck...

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Gaius Marius posted:

Wait the show is back today!?

just found out too lmao

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
Imagining some sicko skipping to the end of episode 2 right now and posting about it, and having a laugh

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's loving cold.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Two more what are on their way? Babies of what? I missed like 15 seconds because of streaming issues, and I have no idea what Lalo is upset about.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Two more what are on their way? Babies of what? I missed like 15 seconds because of streaming issues, and I have no idea what Lalo is upset about.

They're getting more goats. I don't think Lalo is upset but that he purposefully went to that guy because he's the right build so he's going to kill him and leave his corpse.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The cinematography on this show remains exquisite

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

Did anyone get a screen cap of Saul’s meds lol

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

I really don't want to say goodbye to these characters especially pre BB mike e

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

give seehorn the emmy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Is this a heist? Are they doing a heist?