Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jonny 290 posted:

the real combo is a bit of gasoline scent + freshly cut grass + warm summer breeze. that poo poo is instant scenario in my mind
huge for me too but it just reminds me of having to mow the lawn as a teen. not really positive but you get what you get

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

to this day if i catch a whiff of the right kind of vanilla i remember this girl in high school that i pined for. the floor is now open for jokes
my friend told some dancer at a strip club that she smelled like cookies, so I assume it was some vanilla body spray lol

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

My first girlfriend also wore vanilla scented stuff and she told me once that it was because she read in a Cosmo magazine or something that men like food-scented perfumes the best.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Achmed Jones posted:

i love 2 stroke because it feels great

combustin' makes me feel good

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

spankmeister posted:

1. lmao
2. post/username combo

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

spankmeister posted:

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

spankmeister posted:

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

spankmeister posted:

loving neighbors with their leaf blowers at 8 in the morning gently caress

one of my neighbors has lawn service that always shows up first thing in the morning and lets their huge iron trailer gate free-fall to the pavement at the crack of dawn

it is the goddamn worst and I can't even imagine what a lawn crew was doing in winter in texas, everything was dormant as hell and you don't need a team and a trailer to rake a leaf

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

spankmeister posted:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

spankmeister posted:

lmao

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

spankmeister posted:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Corla Plankun posted:

one of my neighbors has lawn service that always shows up first thing in the morning and lets their huge iron trailer gate free-fall to the pavement at the crack of dawn

it is the goddamn worst and I can't even imagine what a lawn crew was doing in winter in texas, everything was dormant as hell and you don't need a team and a trailer to rake a leaf

at oldjob we had maybe an acre of grass and a couple dozen shrubs spread over a .5 square mile property and whenever it was above freezing, three times a week we had landscaping service blowing gravel at you when you were walking in from the parking lot.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

i try not to be mad about it because i guess props to the workers for extracting capital from these rich folks but sometimes people make choices that are so baffling i can't stop thinking about them

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
when i lived in the hausbus at the trailer park, whenever the maintenance guy got in a fight with his wife, he'd come and blow leaves off of the playground next to our lot for four to six hours. it was super great

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

spankmeister posted:

this joke workshop has been a complete success

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

To see a real joke, turn off your monitor

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
the world should ban gas leafblowers

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

ban all leaf blowers. get a rake morans

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Bhodi posted:

the world should ban gas leafblowers

fuckin ban all small engine lawncare imo

noise is one thing, the smell is worse

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

electric owns. i have an electric weed whacker and lawnmower, probably gonna get a blower and hedge trimmer eventually

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

electric seems to have progressed to a point where a lawn mower isn't a massive pain in the dick. so now, provisionally, i will support the small gas engine ban

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
naw gas mowers are fine. its the small high rpm engines that should go first

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

naw gas mowers are fine. its the small high rpm engines that should go first
at least now i don't have to mix gas/oil in them anymore.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Kenny Logins posted:

electric seems to have progressed to a point where a lawn mower isn't a massive pain in the dick. so now, provisionally, i will support the small gas engine ban

yeah they're great now, honestly. unless you're regularly mowing over an acre (and even then....), there's no real need for gas mowers these days imo

although i'm trying to get rid of anything that requires mowing, anyway, and replacing it with food plants, and native bird/bee/bug plants

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I have a Ryobi electric weedwhacker that’s basically a big rotary shaft tool. I can pull the weed whacked head off and make it a snow blower.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

mediaphage posted:

although i'm trying to get rid of anything that requires mowing, anyway, and replacing it with food plants, and native bird/bee/bug plants
if we didn't have a little kid who loves running around in a grassy backyard i'd have done the same, tbh

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

if we didn't have a little kid who loves running around in a grassy backyard i'd have done the same, tbh

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

yeah i don't poo poo on parents who want some green space. i would say there are alternatives to standard grasses that are good options, though

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I have a reel mower and I can mow whenever without pissing off the whole neighborhood

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

right now about 1/3 of my yard is clover and violets and i kinda want to find a way to encourage it to cover the entire yard so i dont need to mow again

though mowing is fun because there is a lot of wild onion so everything ends up smelling like onions for a day

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

right now about 1/3 of my yard is clover and violets and i kinda want to find a way to encourage it to cover the entire yard so i dont need to mow again

though mowing is fun because there is a lot of wild onion so everything ends up smelling like onions for a day

you probably won't ever get 100% clover, just the nature of how it grows. but you might try seeding in things like creeping thyme, scotch moss, creeping jenny, etc

even then if it's in the front you'll prolly end up doing occasional mows

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

MononcQc posted:

I have a reel mower and I can mow whenever without pissing off the whole neighborhood

reel mowers are great but i had to stop using mine because it turned out the mowstyle was evolutionarily selecting for crabgrass because they're never pointing the right way to get properly clipped by the blades.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Corla Plankun posted:

reel mowers are great but i had to stop using mine because it turned out the mowstyle was evolutionarily selecting for crabgrass because they're never pointing the right way to get properly clipped by the blades.
among other reasons this is why you are supposed to mow your lawn in a different pattern every time, gas or reel or electrical

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

ive got a reel mower but it doesn't work cause my backyard is incredibly uneven

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i like my electric mower/weedwhacker/leaf blower. kinda wish it was possible to get a good electric two stage snowblower but reviews seemed to be mixed.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

spankmeister posted:

mods please rename AI to this, tia

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

my lifestyle determines my mowstyle

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
something about planning the next five sprints this morning broke me and i have an interview this afternoon, full remote

I've been at places that do bad agile but it's never been this bad, lmao

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

spankmeister posted:

rotor posted:

mods please rename AI to this, tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

it's been almost two weeks and i'm still mildly symptomatic lol. it sucks and i really hate to think how bad i would have fared without vax/boosters. i guess i can look to my dead family members to know that answer.

i will have to return to the office sometime this week but god i do not want to :negative: