Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

I didn’t watch it. I haven’t watched SNL for years. I just watch clips when I hear they’re actually funny. I doubt anything Clyde was in was remotely funny. I’m sure he’s up there with Seagal as one of the worst hosts they’ve ever had.

This is really the only right answer. Some people just aren't comedians (I think Gretzky), but Seagal refused to get over himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I maintain that next-gen Autopilot turning out to be a Neuralink-acquired Toonces AI would have made for a fantastic skit.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Isentropy posted:

This is really the only right answer. Some people just aren't comedians (I think Gretzky), but Seagal refused to get over himself

seagal wanted to do rape jokes on snl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3BYYjbdFzE

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

I think this sketch is worse.

https://youtu.be/mOctrS7j8dg

Elon totally flubs the ending.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

they should have revived that meet your future wife skit for Musk….or maybe he wouldn’t think it was a skit????

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

excuse me, this was clearly the worst elon sketch of the episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF2Mf6HxIi0

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

ben shapino posted:

i don't know what you guys are talking about, that sketch was funny as hell

here, refresh your memories
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrTXBFcvoMQ

God bless copyright restrictions.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Drunkboxer posted:

well the guy that mentioned him was from the mirror universe, so

Wait, are we in the mirror universe? 'Cos that would explain a lot

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Isentropy posted:

I think Gretzky

Hahaha wow, I never knew he hosted (but of course he did), and yeah looking through some bits, he's definitely not suited for the stage. But seeing Wayne and Garth get on the ice with him was kind of heartwarming, they must have loved that.

There have been a surprising number of athlete hosts.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/bencaudron/status/1516299406550745093

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/gains_tweets/status/1516324981432594433?t=nRvf0DUWBTIkuh_YThSUyw&s=19

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Python sucks. it should go up in flames with web3.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Python actually exists and is used to do things don’t you dare lump it in with web3

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

It's good for prototyping and getting an idea of what you want to do. If you need speed you'll need to start writing extensions in C++ or something. But I mean Django, numpy, scipy >>>> anything web3 devs have ever made

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Ruby should have won

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

mawarannahr posted:

Ruby should have won

lol python is bad, but absolutely not

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
It doesn’t matter what nerd tech you use, just jump up and down saying “decentralized” and a16z will write you a check

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Web 3.0 is like Web 2.0 with more features for scam artists and pedophiles.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

we are going to build a decentralized machine learning web 3.0

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

AnimeIsTrash posted:

we are going to build a decentralized machine learning web 3.0

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/drmistercody/status/1516601687238070273?s=21&t=1NTnl3PA97D403bXObm6Fg

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lol my man’s still following slashdot, which was last relevant when he was at PayPal

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Netflix uh…gave Chapelle a platform to…uh…poo poo on transgenders….and uh the CEO….uh told his employees to suck it up and uh…has him signed up for more special…uh…WOKISM!!!

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

he got bored w/ twitter and is gonna 420 funding secured netflix by open tomorrow

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

oh i forgot, Squid Games didn’t paint the rich dudes as heroes

loving woke mind virus

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

lol /.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
of course elon musk still follows slashdot

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Of the millions fricken articles about netflix stock written today he choose /.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Mister Speaker posted:

Hahaha wow, I never knew he hosted (but of course he did), and yeah looking through some bits, he's definitely not suited for the stage. But seeing Wayne and Garth get on the ice with him was kind of heartwarming, they must have loved that.

There have been a surprising number of athlete hosts.

it's ok to be bad at hosting and/or not funny but you have to at least be cool

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Lorne dying might fix SNL. Maybe.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
python owns because at any scale beyond a few hundred lines and 2-3 people it lets you gently caress up all kinds of random poo poo by barely touching anything, and there's a really good chance you may not know it until it gets deployed

it means you get to spend entire weeks reporting up the chain "wow our code base is really bad, we're trying to fix stuff" and loving around

lmao if u want to use a programming language to be `productive`

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

python is terrible but people have used it to do cool and useful things unlike 'web 3.0'

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I hated Python at first but in the HW field eventually grew to appreciate it. I can buy there is a higher cost of entry into figuring out someone's C or C++ programs, especially if you leaned more EE than CS in school. But Python is dead simple poo poo and if the HW engineer starts complaining he or she can't figure out what the test is doing after a day or so of debugging you can instantly write them off as worthless.

WhyteRyce has issued a correction as of 04:21 on Apr 20, 2022

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

wait…is musk still mad about Don’t Look Up?

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

elon should be strapped into a tesla going 90mph on some forgotten midwestern highway and then be melted alive with his vehicle in a typical highway fire. could be aired to multiple competing airways ppv. $$$$$

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Python is runnable pseudocode and is good at that if nothing else. Something had to replace good ol' Basic.

Anyway slashdot is fake nerds, shoulda been .\

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Slider posted:

elon should be strapped into a tesla going 90mph on some forgotten midwestern highway and then be melted alive with his vehicle in a typical highway fire. could be aired to multiple competing airways ppv. $$$$$

i would pay almost anyone a couple hundred bucks to watch this

tokin opposition posted:

Python is runnable pseudocode and is good at that if nothing else. Something had to replace good ol' Basic.

:hmmyes:

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

python is my favorite language now after using it for a job for 5 years, but none of my code needed to be secure, or performant, much like elon musk :smug:

otherwise it's c++ babyyyyyy

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

there are too many ways to do a thing in Python but only a tenth of it will be consistent with other ways of doing things. it’s too complicated for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
programming languages are ranked by how badass they look while you type them really fast onscreen which is why scala is the best languag e