Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

jesus christ you are all losers who cares about mice this much

why would anyone care a lot about something they use 10-12 hours a day? what a bunch of clowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

r u ready to WALK posted:

sned the yostop

crapple bottom tier
laptop with the fur

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

rotor posted:

crapple bottom tier
laptop with the fur

shawty had them crapple bottom jeans (jeans)
yostop with the fur (with the fur)
the whole forum was lookin' at her
she hit the floor (she hit the floor)
next thing you know
shawty hit post, post, post, post, post, post, post, post

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

sned the yostop

good point where is it? i believe i was last to sned it

also its a hackintosh now so relevant to this thread

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

rotor posted:

why would anyone care a lot about something they use 10-12 hours a day? what a bunch of clowns.

lol if you’re genuinely touching a mouse for 10-12 hours a day

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Soricidus posted:

lol if you’re genuinely touching a mouse for 10-12 hours a day

i use a computer for work and for posting so yeah like ... yeah.

i mean am i mousing constantly for 12 hours? obviously no, but fuckin come on man

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
you made the mistake of talking like a normal human does and forgetting about the levels of pedantry you’ll face online

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
all this talk about the apple mouse and i don't think anyone's ever talked about the real design flaw in the macbook pro going back a decade at least.

this edge right here:

digs into your hand/wrist like a knife. i have to keep a cloth folded over it, i wish they'd just bevel it or something.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
that's actually a problem ive never had for some reason

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
you will now, it's like the fedex logo

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i mean the tragic macpad is really the best way to use a mac anyway, and if you're on a windows pc, what kind of mouse you have is pretty far down the list of usability issues anyway

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Stringent posted:

all this talk about the apple mouse and i don't think anyone's ever talked about the real design flaw in the macbook pro going back a decade at least.

this edge right here:

digs into your hand/wrist like a knife. i have to keep a cloth folded over it, i wish they'd just bevel it or something.

imo this isn't an issue if you're using it on a lap, and if you use it on a desk, you should probably use a wrist rest or something to keep your hand even and avoid rsis

making it less sharp would probably be a good move don't get me wrong, but youd probably want to use a rest anyway

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

i mean the tragic macpad is really the best way to use a mac anyway, and if you're on a windows pc, what kind of mouse you have is pretty far down the list of usability issues anyway

iawtp

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Stringent posted:

this edge right here:

realtalk i ran a file over mine to give it just a slight radius, worked great except it cuts through the anodizing and over about 6 years its gotten a lil crusty

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

I simply don’t rest my wrist when typing.

it probably helps that I don’t have to type 8 hours a day or whatever computer touchers do.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

NinetySevenA posted:

it probably helps that I don’t have to type 8 hours a day or whatever computer touchers do.

post about lovely mice on yospos

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed

rotor posted:

realtalk i ran a file over mine to give it just a slight radius, worked great except it cuts through the anodizing and over about 6 years its gotten a lil crusty

Why don't you just re-anodize it?

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i own 2 mx masters, for multi mouse drifting, and they seem like pretty good mice

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

mediaphage posted:

they make good hardware generally imo

i’ve liked every keyboard mouse and webcam etc i’ve had from them

they make poo poo too

i once bought a microsoft bluetooth mouse as something to use on road trips with my laptop. they made the sides where you grip it out of plasticized rubber or rubberized plastic or whatever you want to call it... feels smooth like plastic but softer to the touch

or at least that's what it's like when new. after only a few years that material turned super sticky and nasty, you'd literally have to wash your hands off after touching it

turns out there are worse things than charge port on the bottom

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
look mate if you need to wash your hands coz they get sticky after you use your computer idk if you can blame microsoft

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

BobHoward posted:

they make poo poo too

i once bought a microsoft bluetooth mouse as something to use on road trips with my laptop. they made the sides where you grip it out of plasticized rubber or rubberized plastic or whatever you want to call it... feels smooth like plastic but softer to the touch

or at least that's what it's like when new. after only a few years that material turned super sticky and nasty, you'd literally have to wash your hands off after touching it

turns out there are worse things than charge port on the bottom

all “soft touch” plastic does that eventually. it’s a horrible material

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
wash your hands and clean your computers and peripherals every once in a while you goddamn slobs

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

butt dickus posted:

wash your hands and clean your computers and peripherals every once in a while you goddamn slobs

you first

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

butt dickus posted:

i'm kind of curious how bad the alacantra (sp?) surface laptop really was for this reason, because it is real easy to imagine 10% of computer buyers are just grease monsters

which still makes for 10% unhappy customers, which is bad, but it was a kind of fun distinguisher from every other manufacturer cloning the brushed aluminum thing without thought.

never seen one irl though.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

The real genius of the furry surface laptop was that they glued it shut and it was pretty much impossible to open for any reason without ruining the fabric

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

The real genius of the furry surface laptop was that they glued it shut and it was pretty much impossible to open for any reason without ruining the fabric

that remains true for the non-carpet ones too afaik

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i'm kind of curious how bad the alacantra (sp?) surface laptop really was for this reason, because it is real easy to imagine 10% of computer buyers are just grease monsters

which still makes for 10% unhappy customers, which is bad, but it was a kind of fun distinguisher from every other manufacturer cloning the brushed aluminum thing without thought.

the number of white macbooks i saw with visibly yellowed areas at the wrist contact points suggests that some people can grease up anything

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

dell released a maroon laptop with wireless charging that was full on 100% coated in that soft-touch rubber back in 2010

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

I didn't have the one where it was permanently connected, just the pro but it remained in pretty good condition up till replacing it with an ipad pro

it probably helps that you can disconnect the keyboard and clean it

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

that remains true for the non-carpet ones too afaik

pro tip: dont lweave the cum in it overnight

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

uhg but i just want to go to sleep once im done

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

mediaphage posted:

dell released a maroon laptop with wireless charging that was full on 100% coated in that soft-touch rubber back in 2010

you'd have to be a maroon to buy one!!

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
at least its not hp and their insistence on making one nicely designed laptop and then making endless cheaper versions with brushed plastic painted silver

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

i probably shoulda put a clearcoat or a nice enamel over it or something

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

you should combine the clearcoat and enamel into caramel

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Sagebrush posted:

don't anodization processes require, like, dipping the part in a chemical solution

that doesn't seem likely to go well as the aluminum part you'd need to re-anodize has a keyboard permanently riveted to it, and a glued-on battery

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

im pretty sure sargebush was makin a lil jokey joke

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i wasnt

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

annodize nutz

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed

BobHoward posted:

don't anodization processes require, like, dipping the part in a chemical solution

that doesn't seem likely to go well as the aluminum part you'd need to re-anodize has a keyboard permanently riveted to it, and a glued-on battery

ok, then zinc plate it like this guy is doing using carbon-zinc batteries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8HEZ-x4-_w&t=358s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

ok, then zinc plate it

no.