Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll
This poll is closed.
Yes 34 40.48%
No 50 59.52%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1518034283839082496

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Goddamn pour another one out for decorum

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Acebuckeye13 posted:

counterpoint: It also has Bakersfield! (I am currently in Bakersfield) (help me)

Come to San Diego and I'll buy you a drink. Or more than one. Standing offer.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Ugh hope they don’t lower flags to half mast for that bum. Regarding Anita Hill:

quote:

Sen. Orrin Hatch said the woman’s story accusing the Supreme Court nominee of sexual misconduct was “too contrived.” He believed she was lying after being coaxed by liberal special interests to derail the confirmation and was yearning for the spotlight.

“For all the expressions of wanting not to have publicity and to avoid publicity, I personally felt that she looked as though she enjoyed having the publicity today,” Hatch said on the Senate floor. “But, be that as it may, her story just does not add up.”

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Oh, I'm sure Schumer will push other Democrats out of the way to be the first to laud him as a LION OF THE SENATE and completely whitewash the fact that he was instrumental in laying the foundation/groundwork for the clusterfuck we're now all in.

It's like the old high school trope of when the douchebag no one liked dies, everyone suddenly is all sad and speaks of him like he was a saint. =/

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Why do we all hate Schumer again when it's obviously Manchin and Sinema who are the two worse Dems in the Senate?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Chuck is a sucker, that's why.

E: Sinema and Manchin are worse, but Chuck is literally Charlie Brown lining up to kick the football the republicans yank away with plenty of time for him to stop, but he continues full sprint and winds up on his rear end for decorums' sake.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Why do we all hate Schumer again when it's obviously Manchin and Sinema who are the two worse Dems in the Senate?

because you shouldn't hold only the worst accountable

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
A breeze whispers through the senate... "....Feinstein....."

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

He's completely ineffectual as a majority leader and it's clear the only thing he cares about is the title, not the responsibility. Same with Pelosi. We need young(er) blood, not the older old school.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Apr 24, 2022

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Hey now, Schumer is totally effective at his real job of making sure no one else does anything :tinfoil: crazy :tinfoil: like actually exercising power to accomplish meaningful change or holding the powerful to account.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
If we elect younger people we run the VERY REAL risk of not being able to accomplish anything legislatively, they don't have the established relationships or "horse trading" experience necessary to get things done.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Is a thing I got told last Senate election about why we shouldn't primary Diane Feinstein

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
AFAIK neither Manchin nor Sinema have an imaginary family in their head that they attempt to cater to.

quote:

Schumer says that he is accompanied everywhere he goes by two imaginary middle-class friends, who advise him on all manner of middle-class concerns. Their names, until recently, were Joe and Eileen O’Reilly. “For the book’s sake, we wanted them to be more national,” Schumer said, “so they became the Baileys.” The Baileys live in Massapequa, in Nassau County, a town that is invariably known on Long Island as “Matzoh-Pizza.” The Baileys are both forty-five years old: Joe works for an insurance company, Eileen is a part-time employee at a doctor’s office. They worry about terrorism, and about values, and they are patriots—“Joe takes off his cap and sings along with the national anthem before the occasional Islanders game,” Schumer wrote. He elaborated, “They’re not ideologues. They’re worried about property taxes. It’s the tax they hate. And that’s what Democrats don’t get.” He has also drafted the Baileys in defending the C.I.A.’s human-intelligence program: “Had Joe and Eileen been in the room after the hum-int screwup, they would not have indulged in the blame game, gutted the human-intelligence program, or weakened America.”

The Baileys, Schumer said, sometimes dine out—not often, because of the cost—and they like Chinese. Which raised the question: What would the Baileys eat, if they were here at Hunan Dynasty? “The more conventional stuff,” Schumer said, “but they’re with it.”

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

oh my god we are so hosed

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

Platystemon posted:

AFAIK neither Manchin nor Sinema have an imaginary family in their head that they attempt to cater to.
:psyduck:

What an absolute loving tool.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

maffew buildings posted:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

i'm seriously curious, are you somehow implying that we shouldn't hate schumer?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zamujasa posted:

i'm seriously curious, are you somehow implying that we shouldn't hate schumer?

No, just that we shouldn't single him out. Like if we were deciding who should be shoved into a metaphorical wood chipper Schumer wouldn't crack the top ten.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 24, 2022

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

why wouldn't we single out the literal leader

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

No, just that we shouldn't single him out. Like if we were deciding who should be shoved into a metaphorical wood chipper Schumer wouldn't crack the top ten.

He's in the top loving leadership position in the Senate while literal actual fascists are trying to take over the government and he's a bowl of lukewarm oatmeal. Get him in a real loving woodchipper so someone with a spine and actual liberal principles can take the spot.

Stultus Maximus fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Apr 24, 2022

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Stultus Maximus posted:

He's in the top loving leadership position in the Senate while literal actual fascists are trying to take over the government and he's a bowl of warm oatmeal. Get him in a real loving woodchipper so someone with a spine and actual liberal principles can take the spot.

I'd prefer putting the fascists into the woodchipper first considering this is a hypothetical.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

He's in the top loving leadership position in the Senate while literal actual fascists are trying to take over the government and he's a bowl of warm oatmeal. Get him in a real loving woodchipper so someone with a spine and actual liberal principles can take the spot.

I'm still surprised Moscow Mitch didn't manage to convince him that the pubbies still had control of the senate after the last election.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

maffew buildings posted:

laughing so hard I can't pour straight.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

I'd prefer putting the fascists into the woodchipper first considering this is a hypothetical.

You’re going to need a very large wood chipper.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

FrozenVent posted:

Sounds like you don't have enough determination

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

FrozenVent posted:

we could even employ two or perhaps three woodchippers

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Platystemon posted:

In the same vein, if anyone wants to see what the military and intelligence community at the top really believe, go listen to the interview Dan Carlin did of Max Brooks. Brooks is a think tank guy now and really lays it all out in the interview, to the point that Dan is just completely exasperated to the point of not knowing how to even respond to a lot of it.

tldr we (Americans) are all a bunch of spoiled babies who need to grow up and just be patriotic flag waving worker drones

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Arven posted:

In the same vein, if anyone wants to see what the military and intelligence community at the top really believe, go listen to the interview Dan Carlin did of Max Brooks. Brooks is a think tank guy now and really lays it all out in the interview, to the point that Dan is just completely exasperated to the point of not knowing how to even respond to a lot of it.

tldr we (Americans) are all a bunch of spoiled babies who need to grow up and just be patriotic flag waving worker drones

Max Brooks said some things about the pandemic coronavirus and China in particular that aged very badly and very fast.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Platystemon posted:

This got a verbal “oh gently caress off” reaction from me.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
I'm running for the county committee for my local dem party to try and get these idiots to wake the gently caress up.

At the last committee meeting, we spent 10 of 60 minutes trying to source county flags to sell at the fair this summer.

You know, Instead of working on strategies to combat the GOP blatantly ignoring the rule of law in our redistricting.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That's glorious but not at all for any reason she thinks.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Platystemon posted:

Max Brooks said some things about the pandemic coronavirus and China in particular that aged very badly and very fast.

You’re just mad your dad isn’t Mel Brooks. :colbert:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mr. Nice! posted:

That's glorious but not at all for any reason she thinks.

Standing in the line of fire is bad right?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Marshal Prolapse posted:

You’re just mad your dad isn’t Mel Brooks. :colbert:

Aren't you?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Decorumbrains out here defending Schumer lmao

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

boop the snoot posted:

This got a verbal “oh gently caress off” reaction from me.

At least someone is using the metaverse.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Can't wait until he starts totally losing it and just starts referencing them in earnest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Pretty clear result in the French election, polls were kinda-sorta margin-ish of ~6 points, but:

https://twitter.com/OKnox/status/1518289311195705347?t=r2rZ7Hz974K5GR4IwWtoUw&s=19

https://twitter.com/LauraLitvan/status/1518290809057071105?t=b54Gm1MB9xjBJXqSt4iGdQ&s=19

Basically Macron's a gently caress, but not enough of a gently caress to make them to go hard-right.