Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Howling at the end of Double Jeopardy today. Can't say I've ever seen that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
i'm very sure the conspiracy theorists will look at this as the unlikely fluke that it is

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Wow. When's the last time that happened?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Only ever saw that once before lol.

That dude loving nosedived hard on those DDs.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
I honestly didn't care. I thought something happened in Final the way everyone was talking. I didn't even want to watch since due to outside issues I've gotten yelled at repeatedly the last three days

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Oof and that was an easy 2000 clue to at least get positive at the end.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I thought about why they didn't buzz in on the last clue, but it would have been a $1000 risk for no upside, so it actually made sense, in retrospect.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Hulu cloud dvr just decided to not record it tonight, awesome.

Other shows at least have on demand the next day. Why do they make Jeopardy basically impossible to watch except live :(

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
It’s literally already on youtube

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Yeah, there's always some mediocre stream with weird A/V edits to I guess prevent it from being taken down. Last night it had a guy's face in the corner for the entire episode, and then he spent two minutes after the episode talking in Arabic.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Yeah, there's always some mediocre stream with weird A/V edits to I guess prevent it from being taken down. Last night it had a guy's face in the corner for the entire episode, and then he spent two minutes after the episode talking in Arabic.

I saw that and was worried he was gonna start trying to guess the answers so I turned it off immediately.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I also tried watching another stream first, but the others had such bad A/V issues that I decided to put up with the face. I think he just had it there to look like he was doing a Twitch stream or something.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

if you just search e.g. "jeopardy april 20 2022" you'll get at least 3 different uploads per night on youtube

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I honestly don't know why I didn't think to do that. I guess I just assumed they were always instantly taken down.

Is there anywhere that has old seasons? Hulu will throw up a random assortment sometimes, but I'd really love to have a full old season from a while back (especially years I didn't have a tv) to just drill through episode after episode for the practice.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

BaronVonVaderham posted:

I honestly don't know why I didn't think to do that. I guess I just assumed they were always instantly taken down.

Is there anywhere that has old seasons? Hulu will throw up a random assortment sometimes, but I'd really love to have a full old season from a while back (especially years I didn't have a tv) to just drill through episode after episode for the practice.

Sadly, there isn’t, but gosh, that’d be great.

(Hint hint, Netflix or Hulu.)

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

BaronVonVaderham posted:

The Internet Archive has a ton of episodes people have uploaded, but they're not organized.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
In the past few days, I've been seeing some spam ads on FB featuring Bialik:

(that bar was not there when I grabbed the image)

Any idea what the hell this is about?

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
clickbait bullshit

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

moonmazed posted:

clickbait bullshit

I figured that much, but why specifically her? And now?

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Wild stab that they're trying to sell t-shirts and swag, at least from the subtitle. You can microtarget like crazy with ads on Facebook, so it's possible they're sending the ad out to all Jeopardy fans figuring that Facebook jeopardy fans are ripe for some anti-Mayim shirts.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Mister Kingdom posted:

I figured that much, but why specifically her? And now?

I think it has to do with comments about Israel

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I love seeing these "We made it easier to get on jeopardy!" ads during games where its a total blowout or just 1 person in final jeopardy. I know thats not the message theyre trying to send but i just find it funny

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Snopes literally addressed this.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Well, there you go. What's odd (or maybe not), when these "ads" appear under my news feed, I can't report or block them. When I try I get an "oops! Something went wrong!" error messages. But then I get this whenever I try to report/block ANY sponsored ads.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Mister Kingdom posted:

Well, there you go. What's odd (or maybe not), when these "ads" appear under my news feed, I can't report or block them. When I try I get an "oops! Something went wrong!" error messages. But then I get this whenever I try to report/block ANY sponsored ads.

I highly doubt Meta will give up their cash cow. It's just better to not use it.

Interesting that Ken made a retort to a triple stumper that got all three players laughing. At this point, he could host this in his sleep and it would still be compelling minus snoring.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Island Nation posted:

I highly doubt Meta will give up their cash cow. It's just better to not use it.

Interesting that Ken made a retort to a triple stumper that got all three players laughing. At this point, he could host this in his sleep and it would still be compelling minus snoring.

Yeah, Ken’s got it down at this point. He’s gotten better and better over time, and he’s firing on all cylinders now.

He’s the anti-Mayim.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Island Nation posted:

I spend very little time there now and don't even bother trying to report any ads anymore.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/James_Holzhauer/status/1518310132991504386

:thurman:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Mattea gets more annoying with each passing day

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
My partner is a lawyer and found her insufferable at the start (professional LSAT tutor :rolleyes:), but has warmed up to her.

I still find her annoying but not as bad as other champs.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

She's the most polite of champions. She's obviously having fun and has won enough she just plays very relaxed.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Ken has hosted so long now that it should be very obvious to Sony that nobody gives a poo poo about his mean tweets or whatever they were worried about.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

My only complaint about Ken is I want him to be like 30% meaner to the contestants in the interview portion.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

I only got yakety sax because of tribute.wmv

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

IT! IT is confusing! Say your goddamn pronouns!
Ken is such a good host. When he did his first week of it I actually didn't think he was right for the part despite really liking him, but he's gotten so good at it that I can't fathom anyone else at this point.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Ken narrowly saved the first contestant's story when he almost failed to say which school's mascot he lost the dance contest to

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

banned from Starbucks posted:

Mattea gets more annoying with each passing day

She looks like she's doing that improv thing where someone stands behind them and pretends to be their arms.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

this is all i can think of when i see her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KLSg1h0e-M

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
it's a wild coincidence that most of the people i see criticizing mattea (not here, necessarily) are the same ones who complain about auditioning 15 times and always passing the test and inexplicably not getting picked for the show. like, they picked her because she's fun and obviously enjoying herself. this is how you get on jeopardy! stop malding and take notes, dorks

e: obviously i'm not saying everyone has to like her, but you gotta understand that superchamps with personalities are sony's dream and they're loving every minute of it

Spokes fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Apr 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I think Amy showed you can be fun and have a personality and be a superchamp without annoyingly interrupting the game with nonsense.

What the actual gently caress was the Canadian province thing last night....