Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
We heap a lot of negative attributes onto Musk, deservedly so in most cases, but is he really 100% in the Turmp/republican camp as the chuds all seem to think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Please don't doxx me. I never did nothing to you!

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://twitter.com/tomgara/status/1518717785949589506

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Tarquinn posted:

We heap a lot of negative attributes onto Musk, deservedly so in most cases, but is he really 100% in the Turmp/republican camp as the chuds all seem to think?

Ideologically no not really. He's an extremely self-interested billionaire hypocrite that would kill every single one of us to flatter his ego or enrich himself but he's not a Christian fundamentalist. Some people say he's racist but the only evidence I've ever seen those people offer is that he grew up in South Africa during apartheid. Maybe there's more to it than that but I'm not aware of it.

He's would and has 100% been in support of Trump and republican causes but not for ideological reasons. There was a buck or some attention in it for him.

bad sugarpop habit
Apr 15, 2021

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Part of the reason I read this thread is because the stakes are high enough to get invested in but ultimately none of it really matters. It's pretty small potatoes in the grand scheme of what's coming. If this is the worst you can imagne then you might want to think about sitting out the rest of the century because uh.. These are the good times.

Nah, I'm going to continue to be freaked out by the expanding and ongoing campaign to make my very existence aberrant and illegal, sorry. I get that this stuff probably doesn't hit super hard for white cis-het males, and there are existential threats to our entire existence like climate change, but saying "none of it matters" to people facing increasing legal discrimination and calls to violence on a much shorter timescale seems pretty lovely!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

L M A O

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

JFC no way lmao

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Ideologically no not really. He's an extremely self-interested billionaire hypocrite that would kill every single one of us to flatter his ego or enrich himself but he's not a Christian fundamentalist.

wait are you talking about musk or trump

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

bad sugarpop habit posted:

Nah, I'm going to continue to be freaked out by the expanding and ongoing campaign to make my very existence aberrant and illegal, sorry. I get that this stuff probably doesn't hit super hard for white cis-het males, and there are existential threats to our entire existence like climate change, but saying "none of it matters" to people facing increasing legal discrimination and calls to violence on a much shorter timescale seems pretty lovely!

Yeah I'm sorry. You're right I wasn't thinking through the full implications of what I was saying.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rockman Reserve posted:

JFC no way lmao

The 3 SIM cards is a joke Brown Moses made. Another slightly more plausible explanation is that the Russians are mad about The Sims having gay/trans content and think that any Nazi assassin would be jerking himself off to it before going to do the hit

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

mobby_6kl posted:

The 3 SIM cards is a joke Brown Moses made. Another slightly more plausible explanation is that the Russians are mad about The Sims having gay/trans content and think that any Nazi assassin would be jerking himself off to it before going to do the hit

Maybe the true meaning is that only nazis buy software and don't use warez like a proper russian.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

Ideologically no not really. He's an extremely self-interested billionaire hypocrite that would kill every single one of us to flatter his ego or enrich himself but he's not a Christian fundamentalist. Some people say he's racist but the only evidence I've ever seen those people offer is that he grew up in South Africa during apartheid. Maybe there's more to it than that but I'm not aware of it.

He's would and has 100% been in support of Trump and republican causes but not for ideological reasons. There was a buck or some attention in it for him.

Thanks. That’s pretty much my impression too.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

mobby_6kl posted:

quote:

Another video distributed by Russian state news agency RIA showed an inscription in an unidentified book supposedly recovered in the arrest — signed in Russian with the words “signature illegible.”

maybe the ukranian assassin's name is "signature illegible" no one can know for sure.

bad sugarpop habit
Apr 15, 2021

Yeah I'm sorry. You're right I wasn't thinking through the full implications of what I was saying.

I get it, honestly, there's so much vile and stupid stuff happening all the time that it's really easy to fall into some kind of bad news fatigue state. I just think it's important to remember that a lot of this stuff does directly target and affect people in the here and now. Thanks for your understanding, seriously.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Strong Sauce posted:

trump has already pre-emptively said he doesn't want to be back on twitter b/c he has truth social. that way he can avoid any shame if elon says no. but if elon asks him he can be all, "twitter was bad.. until they unbanned me"

Lol, Shroom Dick can't even remember what the name of his off brand poo poo show is

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin

Supposedly the Tesla factory has a problem with racism. Their solution rather than dealing with the real problem is to put black people in a specific area that everyone openly calls the plantation.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

This poo poo didn't work at Katyn either

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Nazims I guess?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Just read that Musky is buying Twitter and the wet president is coming back for a second term and I just wanna say I'm looking forward to posting itt again for the next 4 years :angel: :regd11:

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

I'm the green wig. Because Blue Hair SJW is the same thing as Nazis right?

Also lmao no weapons or gears or anything, just a bunch of brand new Nazi shirts off of Redbubble

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

GABA ghoul posted:

Just read that Musky is buying Twitter and the wet president is coming back for a second term and I just wanna say I'm looking forward to posting itt again for the next 4 years :angel: :regd11:

Don’t paint the devil on the wall, plz. K, thx.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Strong Sauce posted:

maybe the ukranian assassin's name is "signature illegible" no one can know for sure.

It's like how for a number of years a Pole by the name of Prawo Jazdy was the worst traffic offender in the history of the Republic of Ireland.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Strong Sauce posted:

Yes supposedly "signature illegible" is the nickname of some actual right-wing guy. That's the first time I'm hearing of him but that's someone in the war theread explained so I'm going with that.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

mobby_6kl posted:

Yes supposedly "signature illegible" is the nickname of some actual right-wing guy. That's the first time I'm hearing of him but that's someone in the war theread explained so I'm going with that.
wow guess maybe it is..
https://twitter.com/kromark/status/1518673559148802050
I guess it was some cartoon skit in Russia as well?
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9...%B8%D0%B2%D0%B0

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
Maybe Putin should consider denazify his own country too?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Shanghaied posted:

Maybe Putin should consider denazify his own country too?

Asking people to kill themselves is against forum rules

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Barometer posted:

Some people are stopping me from voting because they're also in line to vote!
Where did you even find this image it's....

perfect. :barf:

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Sanctum posted:

Where did you even find this image it's....

perfect. :barf:

It's the Karen who called the cops on some black people barbecuing in a park in Oakland.

Or i could be wrong. There are just so many to keep track.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Rockman Reserve posted:

this is from pages back but yeah sorry but this is one of the dumbest takes I’ve seen about this, Random Stranger. Twitter has about three times more users than MySpace ever did even at its peak, two thirds of which are active on a daily basis. and no, MySpace blog posts weren’t being cited daily on national news like has been going on with Twitter for the better part of a decade. you’re drawing a really dumb comparison here
It's you. You have the dumbest take.

Check out my furby collection and pogs. Hit me back on AIM or napster yo :madmax:

Ghostwriter Elon Musk and/or a literal 9-year-old makes a very good point here. Leaving abusive relationships is impossible, you just have to relax and enjoy them!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I'm making a YouTube video calling Musk a coward and a loser if he doesn't unban my account on Twitter. I was banned for telling a fascist to "go hang with Benito". Will Musk do the right thing?!?!?

No, lol

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

mashes to mashes, musk to musk

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm just going to gloss over all the top-20 heinous poo poo items to come out of the Mark Meadows SMS dump and focus on the one that makes me grLOLoan the most:

MTG used the opportunity to muse about what a hypothetical Trump Social Media could be called, and she suggested TRUMPET, with tweets renamed NOTES.

LOL

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
TRUMPET is cool, lmao

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Wake up this morning to see that ELONG has personally kitty-jailed me for threats I msde! Hope all his hair falls out :twisted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1518774982884704258
I can only assume "the light of consciousness" is @Jack's bank account and Elon just extended that by about a billion dollars

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Lol that people are laughing at Russia for adding stupid things into pics only for someone to discover actually that's a thing among Russian Nazis.

FSB sure seems to know the deep lore of Nazis in Russia, but not Ukraine... wonder why that might be...

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

MrMojok posted:

I can see Leon Musky relaxing restrictions on things like Covid/vax disinfo, but these chuds who seem to think that they are going to be allowed to throw around racial slurs, hate speech, and death threats at will are in for a disappointment IMO.

I think Musk is a dick and all, but I don’t think he’s going to go that far.

That so many chuds have signed up for twitter just today, and so many who had “boycotted” it came back today, also goes to show how little understanding there is of the process.

It will be months before any changes are made, if any are made at all. Musk still has to look over the finances and decide if this is something he really wants to do.

I also personally doubt that Trunt is coming back.

I sorta agree. I think it will probably be fine with misinfo/propaganda and gross “quiet” bigoted poo poo and leaving the door open for trump but the openly open bigots will still be banned discouraged. At best it will be like 7 years ago but probably dumber/worse.

He is definitely a bigot but more the douchey rogan “just a joke” type. Twitter will probably get way worse, but it will eventually become a ghost town like Facebook if he fucks it up with worse/etc. I’d be worried if it was Peter thiel or some greenwald type “free speech” type. Again this sucks and is bad but could be way worse and mods barely protected folks already and Jack basically allowed Nazis to run free until Charlottesville and then panicked and it only got better after he quit.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Apr 26, 2022

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Wilkins Micawber posted:

Wake up this morning to see that ELONG has personally kitty-jailed me for threats I msde! Hope all his hair falls out :twisted:

Lol I literally don’t see anything in this tweet that can even be misconstrued as a threat aside from Pelosi coughing when my fat bloated corpse is burned in a mass grave.

Also, artfully written, wish you would post here like that! (a joke made in good taste)

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Sanctum posted:

It's you. You have the dumbest take.

Check out my furby collection and pogs. Hit me back on AIM or napster yo :madmax:

Ghostwriter Elon Musk and/or a literal 9-year-old makes a very good point here. Leaving abusive relationships is impossible, you just have to relax and enjoy them!

wake me up when politicians are communicating with their constituents through furbies then, moron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

PoPcornTG posted:

Supposedly the Tesla factory has a problem with racism. Their solution rather than dealing with the real problem is to put black people in a specific area that everyone openly calls the plantation.

Otherwise known as Texas.