Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
:synpa:

Kale posted:

No you see you don't understand. There's no dunking going on because people are being silenced by the tyranny from _____ from voicing their opinion you see. How do I know these people are being silenced if they're being silenced from telling us they're being silenced......well you see they're being silenced you see.....but now they won't be you see....don't you see? :psyboom:

What is "the Jews"?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Three Olives posted:

Simply amazing that Elon exists as allegedly one of the wealthiest people in the history of earth.

he's simply a new tier of celebrity rich, unlike the truly wealthy of this world whose wealth cannot be quantified because it's so diversified, whose power networks go back hundreds of years, and whose names you've never heard. actual *scary rich* does not announce itself anymore.

elon is just really good at spinning plates

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

he's simply a new tier of celebrity rich, unlike the truly wealthy of this world whose wealth cannot be quantified because it's so diversified, whose power networks go back hundreds of years, and whose names you've never heard. actual *scary rich* does not announce itself anymore.

i was friends with a kid who was that rich growing up and he had a neogeo

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

elon is just really good at spinning plates

elon is good at distracting idiots from the literal countless plates he's dropped

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

elon is the sad kind of rich that has to start taking hgh at middle age to plump up his fingers and face, instead of the happy kind of rich that received it unknowingly from the family doctor as a teenager

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

OMFG FURRY posted:

'if twitter becomes large enough' dude the thing is referenced as a trusted source on major cable news networks how much bigger could it get??????

...why did I suddenly flash back to the "now all restaurants are Taco Bell" scene from Demolition Man?

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Elon fanboy makes art, people share it without crediting him, fanboy complains even though Elon outright said people should stop crediting artists.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

stratdax posted:

Lots of coping in this thread. Elon's gonna buy twitter, Trump will get re-platformed, the fascists will be doubly emboldened, twitter will push people towards right wing content and completely suppress anything humane or leftist at all, and twitter will look like /pol/ before long. Get ready for a lot more Marjorie Taylor Greene's in public office.

speak for yourself, we were dialed up to lol

Kale
May 14, 2010

Yaldabaoth posted:

Elon fanboy makes art, people share it without crediting him, fanboy complains even though Elon outright said people should stop crediting artists.

Again I just love being able to see beyond all the bullshit and know that this is the right trolling phase fulfilling prime directive #1 aka "Own The Libs" before being forced into prime directive #2 aka "MUH GRIEVANCES!" every single day. They cannot suddenly abandon "OMG CENSORSHIP!!!!!! THE TYRANNY OF IT ALL!!!" among other refrains and have a strong electoral motivation policy. Culture war and endless grievance narratives are literally the most successful political strategy the far right have had in generations for getting people that otherwise would have no interest in politics to not only vote, but vote for them since it brings it down to a level that even the average idiot with zero interest in politics or how government institutions actually work can understand. Ben Garrison is just kind of jumping the gun, by being ahead of the current narrative.

The guys quote was that, "A social media platform's policies are good if the most extreme 10% on left and right are equally unhappy", and seeing how the guy thinks and acts (like a loving child basically) I can't help but take that sentiment at face value as his plan for twitter. Basically maintaining the status quo, but pretending things are different by opening pursuing it and being proud of it.

Kale fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 26, 2022

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Imagine having hundreds of billions of dollars and not just loving off to a private island you bought for the rest of your life. I suppose that's why I'm not a billionaire though.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

E the Shaggy posted:

Imagine having hundreds of billions of dollars and not just loving off to a private island you bought for the rest of your life. I suppose that's why I'm not a billionaire though.

that's what epstein did and look what happened to him

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Bad Purchase posted:

yeah cuz he came back to manhattan. you don't go back to manhattan is what this fella is sayin'

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Does he actually smell musky though

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Bad Purchase posted:

If the idiots of earth ever make me a billionaire i promise my island will be for masturbation only

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
can someone explain the elon / lowtax comparison to me because i'm not getting it :confused:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

teen phone cutie posted:

can someone explain the elon / lowtax comparison to me because i'm not getting it :confused:

both married grimes. they cofounded SA. they both lost to uwe boll in a boxing match and they both committed suicide

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

stratdax posted:

Lots of coping in this thread. Elon's gonna buy twitter, Trump will get re-platformed, the fascists will be doubly emboldened, twitter will push people towards right wing content and completely suppress anything humane or leftist at all, and twitter will look like /pol/ before long. Get ready for a lot more Marjorie Taylor Greene's in public office.

I kinna doubt it will go that far before other tech companies push back on it. Weren't there several people who tried to start free speech platforms and they immediately got banned on the app stores, dropped by hosting cos, etc?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Yaldabaoth posted:

Wow, big surprise that guy who became famous for buying other peoples’ inventions is really upset with creators getting credit

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

kntfkr posted:

both married grimes. they cofounded SA. they both lost to uwe boll in a boxing match and they both committed suicide

Wait, Elon is dead?!

I mean, Elon is dead!!

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Kale posted:

Again I just love being able to see beyond all the bullshit and know that this is the right trolling phase fulfilling prime directive #1 aka "Own The Libs" before being forced into prime directive #2 aka "MUH GRIEVANCES!" every single day. They cannot suddenly abandon "OMG CENSORSHIP!!!!!! THE TYRANNY OF IT ALL!!!" among other refrains and have a strong electoral motivation policy. Culture war and endless grievance narratives are literally the most successful political strategy the far right have had in generations for getting people that otherwise would have no interest in politics to not only vote, but vote for them since it brings it down to a level that even the average idiot with zero interest in politics or how government institutions actually work can understand. Ben Garrison is just kind of jumping the gun, by being ahead of the current narrative.

The guys quote was that, "A social media platform's policies are good if the most extreme 10% on left and right are equally unhappy", and seeing how the guy thinks and acts (like a loving child basically) I can't help but take that sentiment at face value as his plan for twitter. Basically maintaining the status quo, but pretending things are different by opening pursuing it and being proud of it.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm glad he bought it.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I'd be happier if he bought the farm instead, tbh.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
The response has been truly bizarre.

Twitter has been nothing but a shitposting meme factory since forever ago.

Letting the banned people back in will do what? More shitposts is all with a few more N words included.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it’s extremely funny that the (former) president of the US got banned from twitter

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

kntfkr posted:

Having the most money makes you the most smartest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vudnMLzZjTg

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

kntfkr posted:

I heard her voice for the first time on the radio the other day and it made me want to shoot myself in the nuts.

Thanks to her- and people like her- you retain your god given right to shoot yourself in those nuts with an anti-material rifle you bought from WalMart.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

mysterious frankie posted:

Thanks to her- and people like her- you retain your god given right to shoot yourself in those nuts with an anti-material rifle you bought from WalMart.

not with my felony mopery convictions i can't

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

mysterious frankie posted:

Wait we always had that right? Ah man, I shot myself in the nuts with an anti-material rifle I bought from walmart, only out of protest about not having the right to.

Man is my face balls red!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Fumble posted:

I assume its all a song and dance to distract people away from the fact tesla are having to recall their deathtraps in huge numbers thanks to a court ruling.

Wow good thing they hired all those non-union workers

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Also I just checked out Truth Social and they still don't have an Android app and there's literally no way to visit the website

What the gently caress is Devin Nunes doing all day? It "launched" two months ago!

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

whoever wrote that acknowledges the distinction between liberals and leftists in the opening sentence, but somehow completely misses that under that delineation of american politics, liberals are elon's primary support group. like, i live in a reddish/purple suburb and interact with a lot of conservatives and moderates at work, and elon's biggest cheerleaders here are the neolib centrist types who love things like letting large corporations pretend to do something about climate change. i'm guessing they're either neutral or happy about the twitter situation. the trump bumper sticker crowd at work rips on electric vehicles and generally has negative stuff to say about elon if they say anything at all -- spacex being the one exception where they seem to have a more positive opinion. i don't think they're gonna suddenly think twitter is good now.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
https://twitter.com/Public_Citizen/status/1519064518441246725?s=20&t=WyfniftxquFhRes5-ZmlWA

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Lmao his profile photo. He so wants to sit with the cool kids.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Poohs Packin posted:

Lmao his profile photo. He so wants to sit with the cool kids.

Says the guy with the cool avatar

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here
Checking in to watch certain people complain and panic over nothing, as they always have.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022

Not An Arsonist posted:

Checking in to watch certain people complain and panic over nothing, as they always have.

I don't even own a tv :smuggo:

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here
:same:

Kale
May 14, 2010

Starting to jerk off right wing figures and "free speech" bros on his account as of yesterday. Looking to be a super inclusive version of the website that people are going to want to flock to en masse and destined to grow with the onset of "free speech". I love it when the person that runs a particular mass media platform never shuts the gently caress up and has far too much to say. I don't understand why people want to use twitter now and I don't understand how people could want to use Elon's version of it either.

Also breaching a supposed part of the acquisition deal which said not to disparage twitter, it's employee or users as well. Definitely the kind of person I'd also want to work for and who clearly has good intentions. The skies the limit for Twitter.

Kale fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Apr 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Facebook and Twitter are proof that the common human's brain will be inevitably and irrevocably poisoned by spending too much time on internet forums and they've really been a net negative for civilization I feel

unlike our esteemed site which is full of completely normal and healthy folk

regardless my dream is that Musk somehow runs Twitter into the ground and I never have to hear about it again

hell I don't care if he somehow makes a bundle on the cursed venture; I just want it dead