Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Manager Hoyden posted:

Okay wtf is that thing

It's some kind of bread with some kind of pureed something in it but what are the handles? What is the icing? Are those seeds on the outside? What makes green seeds you can use as a seasoning?

Pistachio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Malboros are the fuckin worst

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Pistachio cake is good as hell, make this recipe and you won’t regret it (unless you’re allergic to nuts, then you’ll die).

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Dareon posted:

Let's not forget the "miracle food" of high-energy plankton!

:yeshaha:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I see a lot of pistachio sauces on burgers in Italy when l scroll Instagram burger photos. I have to admit some curiosity.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Facebook Aunt posted:

Reminds me of old science fiction that had us all eating yeast and algae in the future due to overpopulation. Mmm, yeast.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Lol I did not know that

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Well, it definitely means that now.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Dareon posted:

Let's not forget the "miracle food" of high-energy plankton!

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Anyone else seeing a face in this one?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

LvK posted:

Kuato lives!

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I see a lot of pistachio sauces on burgers in Italy when l scroll Instagram burger photos. I have to admit some curiosity.

While I get annoyed at having to eat a burger with a knife and fork, this one looks pretty tasty.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Shooting Blanks posted:

While I get annoyed at having to eat a burger with a knife and fork, this one looks pretty tasty.

Initially I was repulsed but those colors are weirdly appealing.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Initially I was repulsed but those colors are weirdly appealing.

I fully realize that it's a pistachio sauce, but my brain thinks it's a cheeseburger with candied bacon smothered in Dijon mustard with pistachios on top. Which still seems weird but I would 100% give that a try.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
That's because it's not "pomme dauphinois" but "gratin dauphinois", stupid jpg

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

Zanael posted:

That's because it's not "pomme dauphinois" but "gratin dauphinois", stupid jpg

Do I look like I know what a gratin is
I just want some taters with my goddamn hot dogs

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Sounds like you're the gratin :v:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Got this in Bologna Italy

Basically a cone full of mozarella, chunks of ham, and some sort of dressing.

Was pretty good but a bit strange.

Was told it was some sort of local delicacy.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
That's mortadella

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It's just Bologna

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Facebook Aunt posted:

Reminds me of old science fiction that had us all eating yeast and algae in the future due to overpopulation. Mmm, yeast.
PYF Horrible Food: Make Room! Make Room!

Hirayuki posted:

Those look like (shameful) green-bean casseroles to me.
It's kind of impressive to fail at two relatively simple dishes at the same time.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

Facebook Aunt posted:

I just realised that I absolutely eat nutritional yeast and seaweed several times a week, and eat Konjac and seaweed-extracted fake noodles 3x a week. And roasted seaweed snacks instead of chips.
I also eat rehydrated soya crumbles that could be honestly made of anything as a protein source.

Am ... Am I? am I living in the future?

Fake E: my diet is horrible food because I'm trying to lose weight but balance it with my normal active male partners diet, and he LOVES to cook, so between normal rich meals he cooks, that I throw up halfway through, there's a lot of food simulacrums and peanut butter powder with miscellaneous unmeat mince.
I'd post my meals to this thread but honestly with enough chilli crisp and vinegar they're actually good and look vaguely like normal people food. Only sad.

Yolo Swaggins Esq has a new favorite as of 15:12 on Apr 27, 2022

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Congrats. You're living the horrible future today

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The concept's probably fine, but man the '70s photography magic is not kind to em

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Seaweed is a fairly common snack in Ireland, but then it got in on the superfood craze.

£22 a bag when you can pick up the same thing for £1 in a fruit and veg shop.

edit: It also looks dried out as hell. It's supposed to be quite soft and much lighter in colour.

Clyde Radcliffe has a new favorite as of 16:02 on Apr 27, 2022

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Seaweed is a fairly common snack in Ireland, but then it got in on the superfood craze.

£22 a bag when you can pick up the same thing for £1 in a fruit and veg shop.

edit: It also looks dried out as hell. It's supposed to be quite soft and much lighter in colour.

Nah what you want is to import Korean seaweed snacks

They look like

In a giant amount of too much packaging.
Crispy, chip-like, perfection. And like 9$ for 22imini 5g packs.
...Which is honestly about as much seaweed as you can take at a time. I bought the giant Costco packs, and they were 25g of crispy seaweed deliciousness each and it's just .. it's just too fuckin much. It's no Bueno

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

https://www.econotimes.com/Tropicana-creates-cereal-to-be-mixed-specifically-with-orange-juice-1632190

quote:

Tropicana creates cereal to be mixed specifically with orange juice

Tropicana will release a cereal specifically intended to mix with orange juice instead of milk, in honor of National Orange Juice Day on May 4.

Dubbed the Tropicana Crunch, it is touted as "the first-ever breakfast cereal created to pair with Tropicana Pure Premium.

TropicanaCrunch.com will be the only place to get the odd cereal. Starting on May 4, the juice company will give away boxes for free while supplies last.

Tropicana Crunch is described on the box as a "honey almond cereal," and the website claims that it has honey almond clusters.

After experimenting with various flavors and textures, Tropicana decided on a granola-based cereal because it can resist the acidity in OJ better than flakes, which would become soggy more rapidly.

The honey almond flavor was chosen to counteract the tartness of the orange juice.

:hmmno:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Look Tropicana, if you don't want me to buy your orange juice you could've just come right out and said so

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

TotalLossBrain posted:

Congrats. You're living the horrible future today

The Future fuckin sucks. I hate being fat I the future.
But I guess all diet foods of the past belong in this thread, so I guess just being a fatty sucks, because everyone around me has decided that healthy food ain't it, its surgery time!
and they're all just baffled that I just won't do that even though I literally only qualify BC of .3 of a BMI point and only because I have a condition that lowers requirements.
Like I'm fat, but I'm small fat, and have been steadily losing weight for the last year and a half

Like eating garbage food simulacrums that have an aftertaste of despair-socks sucks sometimes, but I'm trying to find a balance with my partner to be happy together, and its slower but it's not as bad as major fuckin surgery removing 80-90% of my stomach and only being able to eat bites that cause me PAIN for fuckin months. And have my entire relationship with and ability to eat food changed drastically for like, years.

No shade to anyone who the sleeve has worked for, but I get real big Mad at people who think it's the easy weightloss option everyone should do! Because it's fuckin not. And it's rude and gross as gently caress to recommend to any chubby person you know that they should get 80% of their stomach cut out.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

/rant, sorry guys.
I'll post a pic of like, sad fake Konjac noodle salad tomorrow or something as apology

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Konjac noodles are good... As long as they are in like sukiyaki which is delicious but not dietetic

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

LvK posted:

The bun and the rings at the top kinda looked like a crab to me at first, if that counts.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

If this was made out of the stuff they put on those strawberry shortcake ice cream bars, I totally would

Of course that's probably just like, butter and flour held together by a black hole's mass worth of corn syrup. So probably still not worth it

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

I bought the giant Costco packs, and they were 25g of crispy seaweed deliciousness each and it's just .. it's just too fuckin much. It's no Bueno

You don’t have to eat it all in one sitting.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

one of my three brothers was allergic to milk so we ate our OJ's cereal with orange juice, this is not a joke

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C19MdWxcEfI

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

TV Zombie posted:

You don’t have to eat it all in one sitting.

This claim has been independently fact-checked and rated FALSE

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I once ate a big ol bag of seaweed snacks in one sitting and was Very Alarmed by my frighteningly dark green poop the next day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

a cyborg mug posted:

I once ate a big ol bag of seaweed snacks in one sitting and was Very Alarmed by my frighteningly dark green poop the next day

Same but it was a massive Oscar the Grouch cupcake when I was like 3 years old.

My sister got Cookie Monster so my mom got to see two bizarre colored poops the next day.