Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

lookit that lil' cutie. It's a sears house, my grandpa and like six of his friends put it together in '48

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

lookit that lil' cutie. It's a sears house, my grandpa and like six of his friends put it together in '48

erm, where in the Great Lakes is it? northern Michigan has been absolutely hosed by people buying places like that to put on Airbnb and there is little to no industry or jobs up there, so non-tourist housing has been going through the roof in front of rentable housing

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/rantingowl/status/1520071826331811841?s=21&t=goq1VRfT5A3POjNQ0-IUYg

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
matt berry and you've got yourself a deal

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

it's adorbs and you should plant lots of trees

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5VJnxDLaZY

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

got some paxlovid. it is absolutely wild that pharmacy workers were unmasked

getting it was

1. doing an e-visit with an urgent case who referred me to the healthcare group's covid unit
2. calling the covid unit to do a screening to make sure i qualify (i'm fat lol)
3. waiting for them to call back to discuss options of a) monoclonal antibodies or b) paxlovid
4. waiting for script to get sent to the closest pharmacy in the city that has it in stock, which was on the other side of the city
5. going to get it because there's no other way to get a prescription for a highly-communicable disease

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Apr 29, 2022

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

the chuds were right fauci should actually be in prison

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

perfect. and congrats on the new job?!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

did you buy the house jonny?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

ive been extremely bad about grubhubbing but with the new job i'm being thrown so much cash that i am going to go back into rice and veg mode and see how much i can save per month, because I want to buy my grandparents' house from its current owners cash so that I have a great lakes hideout.

(it last sold in 2018 for 38k, real estate doesnt have the bubble up there. im sure i can get it for <50)

can you still wfh in your new job

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Endless Mike posted:

got some paxlovid. it is absolutely wild that pharmacy workers were unmasked

grats, get well soon

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

is this about whatever the distinction between pandemic and endemic is?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cloks posted:

grats, get well soon

thanks. the worst i felt was late wednesday into early yesterday (and even that wasn't bad at all), so i'm hoping i'm on the mend

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

erm, where in the Great Lakes is it? northern Michigan has been absolutely hosed by people buying places like that to put on Airbnb and there is little to no industry or jobs up there, so non-tourist housing has been going through the roof in front of rentable housing

UP, up in Iron County. market's poo poo up there b/c no industry and its a 90 minute drive to an airport that has puddle jumpers at best, or several hours to minneapolis or green bay for a real plane. I'm fine with that though.

Achmed Jones posted:

did you buy the house jonny?

nah i'm sending blind letters to the current owners as the county clerk hasn't proven helpful for getting me contact info. it's def a fingers crossed situation

echinopsis posted:

can you still wfh in your new job

oh i'll never again work from an office, yeah. new job is wfh but they lease co-working space so if i need to get out of the house i can go downtown for a day. any company that makes me drive in to an office to sit in front of computer for 8 hours is not a company i'll work for. if i have to go into work, i'll get a job at a cabinetmaker's shop or w/e

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Cat Face Joe posted:

yeah, the last time gas was this high i was making 20k/year and driving this beater explorer to and from work and no where else

going into canada for work a lot and the federal mileage reimbursement of fifty six cents is definitely not cutting it there

lol yeah it's the equivalent of US$5.30/gal here at the moment for the cheapest stuff. which is all i need, thankfully, since premium brands are the same ten cents extra here except it's per litre lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its true that we pay $40/month less for gas, but its offset by the $1200 a month we have to pay for insurance, or the $172,000 we have to pay for a broken arm

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Jonny 290 posted:

its true that we pay $40/month less for gas, but its offset by the $1200 a month we have to pay for insurance, or the $172,000 we have to pay for a broken arm

i'm not complaining about gas prices, just sympathizing that someone's reimbursement might not cover getting gas here

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Oh yeah for sure, the mileage reimbursement is a joke. Buck a mile, no less. Cars are expensive as piss to maintain, let alone buy.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

or the $172,000 we have to pay for a broken arm

that's a rip off

i'll break your arm for a tenth of that

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i wouldn't, that just sounded cool to say

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i dont watch family guy or w/e so idgi but shine on

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
australian state media is running an article saying one of the reasons china is going for covid zero is because of Mao's convictions about the supremacy of man over nature, and therefore all Chinese people are determined to beat covid into submission as a rerun of the great leap forward.

how loving stupid are these people.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 13 minutes!

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

australian state media is running an article saying one of the reasons china is going for covid zero is because of Mao's convictions about the supremacy of man over nature, and therefore all Chinese people are determined to beat covid into submission as a rerun of the great leap forward.

So loving stupid that the great majority of Chinese citizens have been living life normally since summer of 2020.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
to be clear i'm criticising the suggested motivation for the strategy rather than offering an evaluation of the strategy.

Trimson Grondag 3 fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Apr 30, 2022

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Jonny 290 posted:

evidently there's this thing where people that schedule appointments for adhd diagnoses miss their appointments a lot and my mental process is like, shouldn't that be an auto-yes

this literally happened to me lol

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

So loving stupid that the great majority of Chinese citizens have been living life normally since summer of 2020.

as have most americans really

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

The Australian state media?

Apr 7, 2003
Probation

rotor posted:

as have most americans really

Rich people, sure.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

tk posted:

The Australian state media?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-30/why-china-persists-with-covid-zero/101024902

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
The minute they figured out that money insulates you from Covid just like it does everything else, this went from “we’re in this together” to “you’re in your own” so fast your head spun.

For everyone else, a two year drop in national life expectancy and 400k+ Covid deaths every year in perpetuity isn’t “living normally” no matter how it’s spun.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

to be clear i'm criticising suggested motivation for the straegy rather than offering an evaluation of the strategy.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i dont trust what my doctor says. he often says "why are you here today?" and I don't believe him

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

echinopsis posted:

i dont trust what my doctor says. he often says "why are you here today?" and I don't believe him

I can't understand how that applies to the criticism I was trying to get across, which probably means I'm so fundamentally wrong in my conceptions that I've missed the boat entirely :)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
nope, I just went off on a tangent and tried quite hard to say something that didn’t make much sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

I can't understand how that applies to the criticism I was trying to get across, which probably means I'm so fundamentally wrong in my conceptions that I've missed the boat entirely :)

it doesn't, i've just been looking for an excuse to post that for a while