Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Mr. Crow posted:

No, share?

first article I found

https://www.niemanlab.org/2021/09/well-this-puts-a-nail-in-the-news-video-on-facebook-coffin/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
^^^ thanks

jesus WEP posted:

man i was so disappointed when my nephew stopped playing zelda and monster hunter and such and started exclusively playing ea sports games

Man this is probably the hill I die on as a parent in 2020s, no child of mine is gonna be playing garbage games built off micro transactions I don't care how many of your friends are into it

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Improbable Lobster posted:

their nephew's gonna stuff em in a locker

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
the best part of video game piracy was all the things devs put in to punish you - like
in Ultima 7 if the game was pirated all the npcs would chase you and shout "Oink!" or in Escape Velocity an unkillable ship would come in and yeet you off the screen. in Darkstar One they would turn the warp map into a fever dream and make it so you couldn't leave the system, and in Game Dev Tycoon you just slowly go bankrupt no matter what.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

3D Megadoodoo posted:

PS+ games for next month (well, this month) a bunch of gently caress-all once more. (You might think FIFA 2022 would be something, but literally literally everyone who has a PS4 or PS5 and wants to play FIFA already has it.)

i was just about to but fifa so im glad i didnt

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Who was the goon who played some awful pervert game on Steam and the posted about how they cyber-stalked their underage niece or something and saw that they were playing the same pervert game on Steam?

when you say stalking are you talking about how steam shows all your friends who have played a game in your library?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:owned:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The fifa games are really fun.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I like the new-ish street mode

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Valve should incorporate Google+-style Social Circles into Steam friends.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jenny Agutter posted:

when you say stalking are you talking about how steam shows all your friends who have played a game in your library?

Oh it was U?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

The fifa games are really fun.

Not all of them. Some years everyone played PES because FIFA sucked.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

something I’d expect to see on the switch game store

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

akadajet posted:

No-one would pay 89,95 for a dog-loving gam.... oh, wait, nevermind.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Oh it was U?

answer the question bitch

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

im at 102 hours with elden ring now. still farting about, not past the fire giant. check out my devil boi

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Gentle Autist posted:

im at 102 hours with elden ring now. still farting about, not past the fire giant. check out my devil boi

same, havent played in a while now but gonna get back in, tryna beat that fire giant

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Mad Wack posted:

the best part of video game piracy was all the things devs put in to punish you - like
in Ultima 7 if the game was pirated all the npcs would chase you and shout "Oink!" or in Escape Velocity an unkillable ship would come in and yeet you off the screen. in Darkstar One they would turn the warp map into a fever dream and make it so you couldn't leave the system, and in Game Dev Tycoon you just slowly go bankrupt no matter what.

alan wake and quantum break added an eyepatch to the main character, and two eyepatches for wake's literary agent

the wake games are cheap and easy to get, now, so fans have been asking for a flag to fake piracy features for the novelty

akadajet posted:

it's a real trip, outright titty-reveal anime puzzle games sandwiched in with indie darlings in the sales category

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Pile Of Garbage posted:

same, havent played in a while now but gonna get back in, tryna beat that fire giant

I haven't even made it to that area yet lol

e: tbf I haven't played much for the last 3 weeks as I've been busy

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol from exactly ten years back, tfw u finally get Madagascar before they close the ports

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/dvanboom/status/1521042324700102656?s=20&t=ecr9C3NCnYB_CJYtpSTWLA

their asking price for the western studios is a mere $300 million

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah its incredible. they sold off the only studios they had that made good games for a pittance.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

all to go all in on nft bullshit? yikes

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 3, 2022

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

there's something ironic about a company whose all-time most popular game is about an evil company destroying the planet for profit going all-in on blockchain bullshit

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

all to go all in on nft bullshit? yikes

jrpg waifu collection nfts is not the worst idea

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Shaggar posted:

jrpg waifu collection nfts is not the worst idea

yes it is

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
theyre gonna make more money on that then they did on the studios they just sold off

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it is actually the worst idea

and not just because all that money will probably go to hackers

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
hackers put in the work, they deserve the money.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

square enix always had a massive ego problem with their western studios outperforming their less appealing japanese stuff that they strongly believe should be very very important, like dragon quest and whatever the gently caress final fantasy even is at this point. seems like their chief dipshit got into crypto. it's amazing how publicly listed companies allow their executives to act this irrationally, to stab their own eye (or in this case, IOI) to spite their face but it seems to happen all the time?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
99% of the people dont care about nfts one way or another and someone figured out that this will make them more money regardless of the nerds they piss off.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

99% of the people dont care about nfts one way or another and someone figured out that this will make them more money regardless of the nerds they piss off.

some thinks that

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

chaosbreather posted:

square enix always had a massive ego problem with their western studios outperforming their less appealing japanese stuff that they strongly believe should be very very important, like dragon quest and whatever the gently caress final fantasy even is at this point. seems like their chief dipshit got into crypto. it's amazing how publicly listed companies allow their executives to act this irrationally, to stab their own eye (or in this case, IOI) to spite their face but it seems to happen all the time?

if deus ex or tomb raider wanted to be treated like a flagship product maybe it should have shipped as a 60% completed game with a million incomprehensible expansions????

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
true, deus ex MD only did half of that

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

square enix doing their best to make me no longer think of them as that much better than blizzard

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

e: double post. dammit astral i thought you made the forums work better

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

haveblue posted:

true, deus ex MD only did half of that

:rant:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Kazinsal posted:

e: double post. dammit astral i thought you made the forums work better

lol just saw a double post in another thread around the same time

wondering if the forums are having a fart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

have a @fart, give a @fart
need a @fart, take a @fart