Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

dogstile posted:

Please dear lord let me opt out of one map.

I loving hate stormpoint and i just don't play when its on.

you need to try ~vibing~ at fish farms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I just don't play ranked during storm point rotations. Apparently I'm willing to play a billion diamond games on any other map tho

I also don't play quick play on storm point rotations.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

shut up blegum posted:

What's wrong with bald wraiths? Waaaay back in season 1 that was like a super rare skin iirc?

it's the third scariest wraith skin, behind the like asgardian looking one and the dreaded cat wraith. sometimes you get an insane void runner wraith or something, but mostly if you wanna sweat those are your skins/

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
OK cool. I have a bald wraith skin but I barely use her (and I'm terrible :ssh:).

Gonna miss flashpoint. What game mode is replacing it?

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

shut up blegum posted:

What's wrong with bald wraiths? Waaaay back in season 1 that was like a super rare skin iirc?

Wraith was OP for a while, so she was the character of choice for tryhards. And for whatever reason baldwraith was the skin of choice for the tryhardiest ones.

The bald skins are in the base loot pool, which means you can craft them at any time, so the non-recolors aren’t that rare. Airship Assassin might be what you’re thinking of, it was one of the earliest recolors so most people didn’t have the base skin or enough metal to craft it. I remember hearing people whine about it not being special anymore when they brought it back for the first time. Lol.

shut up blegum posted:

OK cool. I have a bald wraith skin but I barely use her (and I'm terrible :ssh:).

Gonna miss flashpoint. What game mode is replacing it?

There’s nothing wrong with using baldwraith as long as you don’t play like a shithead. It’s still a cool skin.

Nothing will replace Flashpoint, it’ll just leave. LTMs aren’t always available, mostly just during events. I assume Control will show up again soon though.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Control'll be back the second half of season 13!

https://twitter.com/alphaINTEL/status/1521157308172095488

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

shut up blegum posted:

the lack of hair means her character model is slightly less visible than the other skins, so sweats bandwagoned themselves into using the skin to pick up that 0.0001% extra sigma grindset advantage

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Airship Assassin, or even the black rare one, is a way better skin if you are worried about making yourself hard to see.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Hackan Slash posted:

Airship Assassin, or even the black rare one, is a way better skin if you are worried about making yourself hard to see.

Yeah, AA is the best skin for KC and WE because you blend into the rocks and ground really easily in a lot of places. That's why people were so upset when it came back to the store cause they didn't want other people to have the same advantage as them.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
There should be a law that requires another Titanfall game. Maybe subscription services like Game Pass would make it more likely? Unit sales aren't a great concern in that model and surely the popularity of Apex Legends would guarantee good engagement?

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

But apex print money why make new game

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
make new game or make an heirloom that you sell for 250 dollars alongside a rework of a crappy hero?

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Up Circle posted:

make new game or make an heirloom that you sell for 250 dollars alongside a rework of a crappy hero?

definitely the same amount of effort here absolute genius everyone clap

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Join in progress means they have finally caught up to 1990 fps technology.

Last thing I'm hoping for in the 9vs9 mode is they let you just select your own loadout, their developer mandated loadouts are pretty awful except for a couple, who the hell rolls around with a P2020 and a charge rifle?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

shut up blegum posted:

You know the players who pass off jump master and then complain at where you drop? The ones who split off and try to 1v3 the enemy team then blame you. Or just drop solo then instantly quit on down. Qutting on getting downed is the default, they have it down to a science. That's bald wraith. It's a mindset. Of course all the absolute sweaty hot dog water garglers have used it since season 0 because she was the most broken and smallest character in the game so bald wraiths are also the apex pred, 4k, 20 kill badge 20,000+ kill champions you get in every single one of your games.

Valk is pushing into the bald wraith territory with how good she is right now though.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Valk needs a serious nerf and I called it when she was released. I'm baffled that "free balloon and mobility" the character has escaped it for so long.

You could probably delete her missiles and she'd still be good.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The missiles are the weakest part of her kit and it's still a guaranteed 25 damage+shock against anyone hiding behind small cover and way to destroy doors from range.

They could up her ult cooldown by 2x or 3x and it wouldn't effect her much either.

Her passive is just kinda nutty since usually you got to blow a cooldown on vertical mobility unless you are Revenant on VERY specific buildings on VERY specific areas on VERY specific maps.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Make the passive consume twice or thrice as much fuel if you're rising vertically. No change for horizontal hovering.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
prevent use of items/holding weapons/etc while OOBing. Get fried in the air? Too bad. No more popping a batt on height to reset and pulling out your caustic ult before dropping on someone.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

life_source posted:

definitely the same amount of effort here absolute genius everyone clap

you have identified why they will make one but not the other

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Played my first game as Loba today. Her ult is pretty cool, and the teleport bracelet is also pretty handy. Takes a bit long though.
It does help to get me on top of buildings, because I swear my teammates can run/jump on buildings that I can't reach.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
Valk is really strong but I don't know how they can nerf her without completely neutering her ulti.

I feel the main problem is that all the maps are vastly different sizes so she gets more/less value out of her ulti depending on the map. On KC, she's absolutely essential since she can bypass so many chokepoints and high grounds. The map is small and she gives way too much flexibility. On Storm Point, her effective range is much lower and she's not as oppressive. You can still escape or reposition, but not as far as KC.

I feel Valk has the same problem as Horizon when she first came out. Olympus was roughly Horizon-proof since it was designed when she existed. On KC and WE, Horizon was incredibly overpowered since she could do stuff no other legends could at the time with her vertical mobility. Now she's in a better spot but still very strong.

If I were going to nerf Valk, I'd make the initial boost stage higher off the ground and much more obvious like adding visual effects. That way you can't Gibby bubble and Valk ult to safety under fire. It'd solely be a strategic repositioning tool rather then a get out for free in a tactical sense as well.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
you increase ulti CD so it isn't up basically the entire game.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
give valk ult lifelines cooldown and give lifeline ult valks cooldown.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
the "easy" valk ult nerf that a few people have suggested is preventing her from swiveling around while rocketing up

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

shut up blegum posted:

Played my first game as Loba today. Her ult is pretty cool, and the teleport bracelet is also pretty handy. Takes a bit long though.
It does help to get me on top of buildings, because I swear my teammates can run/jump on buildings that I can't reach.

Almost all buildings have a route you can climb to get to the top if you know them well enough. Sometimes you need to climb on a pipe or something sticking out of the wall. Sometimes you need to climb around a corner. Sometimes you just need to open a door outward and climb up on the door.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Is there a useful guide anywhere on doing the wall bounce that lets you quickly mantle over the same wall you bounce off of?

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

shut up blegum posted:

I'm not sure Loba has too much of a learning curve on her, but understanding when not to throw down her ult is crucial. It's very frustrating to watch bad Lobas pop open markets on cooldown, even if the squad hasn't left the same POI. It's possible someone needed a third bit of equipment, but more likely she'll want to save it for the next unlooted area you see.In the other "new loba tips", Be mindful of lines of sight - you don't want to put it on top of buildings.

As the game progresses you need to decide whether putting out a giant "TEAM HERE" sign above your head is worth marginal upgrades in kit. I usually notify my team at some point there won't be out-of-combat black markets unless they call for them. Conversely, if a fight starts and you're at all defending a position (as opposed to trying to move), open a market. Hoovering up throwables or armor swaps is massive in fights like that. Not to mention never running out of ammo.

Oh, and also always close your markets when you're done. It's not huge percentage that a team rolls behind you, shops there and uses that to kill you, but why give any other team any advantage at all if you can avoid it?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

resistentialism posted:

Is there a useful guide anywhere on doing the wall bounce that lets you quickly mantle over the same wall you bounce off of?

You can do it by holding W with the right timing immediately after wall bouncing but it's easier and you can get more momentum out of it by binding W to scroll wheel. Holding W you'll usually land right on top of the wall but scrolling you can pretty easily float all the way over. Also, it can help get a little more momentum to hit the wall at a slight angle and sort of air strafe over.

examples of holding W: https://i.imgur.com/iLggaeK.mp4

examples of scrolling W: https://i.imgur.com/hmJOemI.mp4

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 3, 2022

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Boxman posted:

I'm not sure Loba has too much of a learning curve on her, but understanding when not to throw down her ult is crucial. It's very frustrating to watch bad Lobas pop open markets on cooldown, even if the squad hasn't left the same POI. It's possible someone needed a third bit of equipment, but more likely she'll want to save it for the next unlooted area you see.
It charges so fast it's not a huge issue IMO. I'd much rather have a Loba on my team opening shop "too frequently" than one who just never pops her ult, which I feel is like half the rando Lobas I ever get.

Boxman posted:

Oh, and also always close your markets when you're done. It's not huge percentage that a team rolls behind you, shops there and uses that to kill you, but why give any other team any advantage at all if you can avoid it?

If you know you'll be leaving an area and definitely won't ever use that market again then yeah sure, deny other parties from easy access to extra resources - but if there's any chance your team may still stick around I'd argue in favor of just leaving it out. Lobas who prematurely close their markets is the other half of rando Lobas I get. Seriously though it's useful being able to go back and refuel on ammo and it doesn't cost anything once the market has been deployed.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Regrettable posted:

You can do it by holding W with the right timing immediately after wall bouncing but it's easier and you can get more momentum out of it by binding W to scroll wheel. Holding W you'll usually land right on top of the wall but scrolling you can pretty easily float all the way over. Also, it can help get a little more momentum to hit the wall at a slight angle and sort of air strafe over.

Huhn, I'll give it a try, thanks.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

The funniest thing about Loba's market to me is if you ping an enemy's, the voice lines are always "be careful it could be a trap!!"

I have never once seen a single soul use the market as bait.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Switch jump to mouse wheel scroll for wall bouncing and tap strafing

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

err posted:

Switch jump to mouse wheel scroll for wall bouncing and tap strafing

Don't forget bunny hopping. It seriously makes all of the movement stuff so much easier.

e: I've actually been considering offering movement lessons in the discord but wasn't sure if anyone would be interested. I managed to teach my controller player buddy how to wall bounce and tap strafe off jump pads on mouse & key in about 15 minutes and he started to pick up regular tap strafes a couple days later so I think I'd be pretty good at it.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 08:48 on May 4, 2022

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness

Abroham Lincoln posted:

The funniest thing about Loba's market to me is if you ping an enemy's, the voice lines are always "be careful it could be a trap!!"

I have never once seen a single soul use the market as bait.
As a Loba main in solo Ranked, I massively enjoy combining shop and q when both my teammates are dead to an enemy team. Shop to pull the enemy off the banners, q to jump over the enemy and grab for a revive. Doesn't work against Octane or Bloodhound though!

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

new ranked

new rookie tier with no entry cost, bronze is now a real tier with a small entry cost

RP for kills with poor placement has been reduced to almost nothing

seemingly no limit on how much RP you can gain from kills/assists each game

demotion protection is apparently gone so e.g. you can fall from diamond to plat mid-split

entry cost now continuously increases in pred

repiv fucked around with this message at 14:54 on May 4, 2022

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Wait they still didn't make it squad kills?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
that pred scaling is going to be controversial, pred streamers get griefed off drop enough as is

MJBuddy posted:

you get 50% of a KP from a squad kill now (still full KP from an assist)

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

MJBuddy posted:

You get half a KP for unassisted kills by squad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

dragon enthusiast posted:

that pred scaling is going to be controversial, pred streamers get griefed off drop enough as is

on the other hand the current pred system is an almost meaningless measure of how many hundreds of hours they dump into grinding RP, so adding higher stakes as the number goes up makes it a bit more interesting