Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

and a perfect reply

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mellow Seas posted:

I'm a big fan of homecomings; Tino and Soriano were a blast. David Robertson. Even Nick Johnson's .167/.388.309 in 2010 was fun. But Cano is just a little too high on the "washed" scale and also the "dickhead" scale, so I hope he enjoys he retirement.

Why is he a dickhead other than that he did roids just like Andy Pettitte did and everyone loves him.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

surely posting about it publicly several days beforehand is a great way to get stopped when the moment comes

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

bawfuls posted:

surely posting about it publicly several days beforehand is a great way to get stopped when the moment comes

I wouldn't be so sure the Reds are capable of catching anything right now.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

bawfuls posted:

Maybe it's a message from the future, and they're trying to prevent whatever horrible chain of events starts with someone scaling a wall to defecate in the bed of a Toyota Tundra.

I mean, a message saying, "on May 6th I'm going to scale a wall to defecate in the bed of a Toyota Tundra" would probably be more effective at this than a message saying, "don't ask me how I know, but on May 6th *someone* is going to scale a wall to defecate in the bed of a Toyota Tundra, and you must stop them!"

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

"If anyone else wants to, meet me at _____" is fuckin narc talk.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

I was surprised the other day to see how young Jo Adell still was

He still hasn’t figured out MLB pitching and I wonder if he ever does, but he certainly has time

His bat has been fine this year other than the first week slump. He's completely lost in the outfield though, his first step is legitimately the worst I think I've ever seen.

The unfortunate thing for Adell is that Marsh has been pretty good this year and looks considerably more comfortable on defense and the other two OF spots are locked down with Mike Trout putting up Taylor Ward type numbers this year

Johnny Bravo fucked around with this message at 18:32 on May 2, 2022

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
This season is fun when you have zero expectations. Like, it feels like I can actually enjoy baseball again.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Johnny Bravo posted:

His bat has been fine this year other than the first week slump. He's completely lost in the outfield though, his first step is legitimately the worst I think I've ever seen.
A 706 OPS is fine?

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

A 706 OPS is fine?

I think so, yeah. He's got a 105 OPS+ and basically struck out every at bat for the first two series this year.

By comparison, Kelenic's OPS is 200 points lower

I'd love for him to be an all star caliber player already but the defense is much more of a concern than the offense imo

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Judge and Rizzo got vaxxed weeks ago confirmed

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1521132759997108224?s=20&t=FKHKPJWuPsf_nANdBadflg

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Yankees are doing pretty good so far. Better than i expected due to beating up on all the poo poo teams and going 500 against the good teams which is how to win the division.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/BleacherNation/status/1521157584564232195

lol keep dreaming Jed doesn't have the stones.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

For the first time in years I actually feel good about the Twins. Sure, the starting rotation isn't going to be this good all season, but the AL Central is gasoline soaked tire fire. Twins just need to be the least poo poo.

May looks like a much easier schedule that April was supposed to be, so watch them completely implode in the most Twins way possible.

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

FlamingLiberal posted:

A 706 OPS is fine?

Welcome to 2022

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Also Adell has like 22Ks to 1 walk

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

A 706 OPS is fine?

League average OPS is like .675 right now

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
N: The Yankees are in first place, have the best record in MLB, and are currently enjoying a 9 game winning streak and a +41 run differential.

V:

mcmagic posted:

The Yankees are doing pretty good so far. Better than i expected due to beating up on all the poo poo teams and going 500 against the good teams which is how to win the division.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo

Some Numbers posted:

N: The Yankees are in first place, have the best record in MLB, and are currently enjoying a 9 game winning streak and a +41 run differential.

V:

Last year they would have mailed in each third game of each series against these bad teams and would have a much worse record. It's very promising! However, last year they also went on tears like this and then played like absolute poo poo to balance it out. What's been promising is the bottom of the order has been getting making contact and on base during this hot streak, which you can't always count on, but it's nice to see after a few years of watching dudes who can't hit homers not swing at anything until it's time to GIDP.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Does this mean Joey Gallo and Geritt Cole are good?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

TV Zombie posted:

No, it means everyone else is doing a good job covering for them.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Yankee pitching has been killer. The potential dual aces of Cole and Severino haven't fully fleshed out but with the short spring training and league wide starter issues I'm not too worried about that. Nestor Cortes is getting perilously close to having to be talked about as the real deal. The bullpen's been great although there's clear question about Chapman and I don't know if it will look as good when its shortened.

The Yankee roster goals seemed to be to improve the defense and make the offense less TTO and I think that's mostly worked. I mean there's errors and plenty to nitpick if you were so inclined but in general the offense definitely feels more fluid and like the home runs are punctuation that drive a couple of guys home instead of the only thing driving things. IKF is a lot of fun and adds a missing element. Gleyber seems like he's coming around. Judge is mashing. Santana seems like he's personally angry at every baseball. Gallo might be waking up. Rizzo is earning all his money at once.

I'm having a good time. Its still just May. The season always relies on health and luck. Who knows what happenes this summer? But I'm having a good time. And hey, no one's skipping Toronto. That's a relief.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Julio Cruz posted:

Yikes

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Julio Cruz posted:

What is it without the Reds included?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah they deadened the ball and it's gone completely in the opposite direction - in a bad way. I have no idea why MLB keeps loving around with this.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

Cole is good, Gallo isn't. That has always been the case.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/FoolishBB/status/1520944995020251138?t=59-fQ9hF7MW7m3KuQBtyAA&s=19

This is great on its own but the replies asking them to make it clear that it's a joke are even better

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Gallo at least plays solid defense. My heart was sad that Andujar only got a game in before getting sent back down, but the prospect of him patrolling LF when they don't have a true CF is not exciting.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The real story with the Yankees is the pitching. They have the best pitching staff in baseball mostly because the whole bullpen has been great and guys like King, Castro, Phrelta and Schmidt have all be stellar.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
And it’s the same team that existed a month ago when the Yankees were garbage poo poo that didn’t deserve to even play baseball but crazy that the team with the projected best staff in baseball has a very good staff!!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

uggy posted:

And it’s the same team that existed a month ago when the Yankees were garbage poo poo that didn’t deserve to even play baseball but crazy that the team with the projected best staff in baseball has a very good staff!!

No one said they were going to have the best pitching in baseball heh

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
You can't predict baseball, Suzyn.

TwoHeadedDeer
Nov 24, 2020

I will be made a new creature, one bright day
I really like Joey Gallo and think his stats will even out

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Gleyber Torres is good

*ducks head*

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Popete posted:

Gleyber Torres is good

*ducks head*

Please take him

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Popete posted:

Gleyber Torres is good

*ducks head*

When he is happy, I am happy.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I didn't know Amber Heard was a Reds fan

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I for one hope the Yankees follow suit and cut bait with Gallo, bringing True Yankee Brett Gardner back. As a Rays fan I see nothing wrong with him being in George Steinbrenner’s box.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/BlueWahoosBBall/status/1521157714608541700

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
This probably deserves n/v too, the most yikes call I've seen in a while.

it's a bit delayed past the tv call so not quuuuuite as bad as it might seem but

https://twitter.com/NYYNeedS28Rings...ingawful.com%2F