Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

WeaponX posted:

I hope it was just “Future Considerations” spammed 30x

If you say Loui Eriksson is selected enough times it becomes true right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Contest closing shortly. Last chance.

VOTE1 posted:

I’m almost certainly a moron who could have double submitted, but the third wasn’t me!

\/ with bad guesses!

I had kind of suspected as much. I will keep the 2nd entry and delete all others.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

And we are closed. I'll try to get something up with all the results later today.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
:toxx:

At the end of the 2021 / 2022 season, 90% of poster-submitted teams will have scored better than the actual team Ron Francis and Jason Botterill put together

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
or ill kill myself

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

That seems a bit much

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Yeah, just wear a unicorn dildo and talk about the glory of Claude Lapointe or something

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Here should be a list of submissions. I'm going to spend the rest of today entering them into a slightly more pleasant to read spreadsheet.

My goal it to teach myself to code well enough so I can have a sheet which auto-updates results through the season. No promises.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Hand Knit posted:

Here should be a list of submissions. I'm going to spend the rest of today entering them into a slightly more pleasant to read spreadsheet.

My goal it to teach myself to code well enough so I can have a sheet which auto-updates results through the season. No promises.

Lol I got 6 correct and apparently outright forgot to pick a Canuck

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

You were not the only person to forget a pick, and there were two other spots I blanked because someone had put a player down for the wrong team.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

If I've done this right, this should be a read-only link to a more involved version of the spreadsheet. Lemme know if this works for you.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

El Gallinero Gros posted:

You also apparently want to try out Sami Vatanen as a goaltender, very ambitious and outside the box thinking.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

With eighteen correct selections, the winner of the free av is Kilza

Close behind, with seventeen correct selections, was NJD2005

Most of you seemed to get 10 right

And in a spectacular last place, with precisely two correct selections, is Ergo Propter Hog. You can take some additional pride if the Kraken end up being total rear end, since your team is the least like theirs.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I'm kind of amazed anyone got that close given how... unexpected that all turned out.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Scaramouche posted:

I'm kind of amazed anyone got that close given how... unexpected that all turned out.

I think every pick got guessed at least once except for Beyreuther and Twarynski

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

2017:

Hand Knit posted:

With the most correct picks (13), winner of the free av is Kilza

Now:

Hand Knit posted:

2 for 2 :cool:

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

drat. I forget, did you end up taking plat instead of an av last time?

NJD2005
Sep 3, 2006

Hand Knit posted:

Close behind, with seventeen correct selections, was NJD2005

Most of you seemed to get 10 right

And in a spectacular last place, with precisely two correct selections, is Ergo Propter Hog. You can take some additional pride if the Kraken end up being total rear end, since your team is the least like theirs.

I'm surprised I got so many, basically put a bunch of peoples drafts lists into my brain and shook it around till the list and some spinal fluid came out.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Hand Knit posted:

drat. I forget, did you end up taking plat instead of an av last time?

No, I ended up getting platinum before then.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Kilza posted:

2017:

Now:

:golfclap:

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

I was right about the off-the-board pick for Philly! Just, wrong player :negative:

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Kilza posted:

2017:

Now:

:cheers:

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Hand Knit posted:

Quebec/Houston, I'm available

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I'm quite excited for this. In hindsight maybe we ought to have allowed two submissions per person: 'Best guess as to who will be picked' team and 'Best performing team you would have picked' since it turns out those are gonna be so different.

Looking at tiebreakers we had just one poster predicting < 30 wins at 29 which at this point is barely achievable if they win out lol.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I'm quite excited for this. In hindsight maybe we ought to have allowed two submissions per person: 'Best guess as to who will be picked' team and 'Best performing team you would have picked' since it turns out those are gonna be so different.

The point is that they are different, so you have to choose between pursuing the higher probability but lower reward path, or the much more difficult but much higher reward path.

Anyway, now that the season is over, I will start totalling things up tomorrow. I have an idea of what the prizes are going to be.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
prizes:

wet farts
an even wetter fart
being Hakstol's intern for the second season.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Duke Chin posted:

prizes:
being Hakstol's intern for the second season.

Not doing loser punishments this year.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Early preliminary comments: congratulations to everyone who picked Michael Bunting from the Coyotes.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Okay, the final spreadsheet should be linked here. Feel free to double check that I haven't hosed anything up. Blank spaces are either where someone didn't enter a player, or where the player was illegitimate (there were a few cases of goons selecting someone from the wrong team).

The preliminary results are as follows:

The Seattle Kraken: 764.24

Mike_V: 1289.68
zodiackylite: 1255.22
chad sexington: 1205.56
NJD2005: 1175.1
mentholmoose: 1147.32

Mind_Taker: 1067.06
CBJSprague24: 1065.96
Yaya: 1056.02
Thinktank: 1052.62
Cocaine Bear: 1031.62

El Gallinero Gros: 1024.94
Zaroff: 1012.62
Rex Rabidorum Vires: 1012.08
tarbrush: 1008.7
ergo propter hog: 991.94

Marklar: 990.62
darkwolf220: 984.74
Jhet: 977.54
Wippersnapper: 977.46
WeaponX: 970.92

technoallah: 969.76
grack: 966.12
Boomer the Cannon: 965.38
the talent deficit: 955.16
jordan7hm: 945.74

JawKnee: 944
whatis: 933.74
seiferguy: 930.3
kilza: 912.4
tank44: 910.82

Ducknan2008: 894.72
Clean Ayers Act: 878.8
Angry Asian: 871.32
Vote1: 867.02
Starsfan: 842.94

fisting by many: 811.28

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Congratulations to Mike_V for just barely beating out defending champion zodiackylite. He was led by big years from Jeff Skinner and Matt Duchene, years so big they were able to overcome having selected three players who didn't play in the NHL at all.

But also, congratulations to literally everyone for selecting a team that scored better than the Seattle Kraken's actual selections. Every single one of you put together a superior team. You are all better than Ron Francis, and by a fairly large amount.

Player awards:

MVP: Alexander Ovechkin, selected only by zodiackylite, who registered a score of 169.8

LVP: Jonah Gadjovich, selected only by kilza, whose 74 penalty minutes paced him to a score of -7.2

Vezina: Anton Forsberg, selected only by Chad Sexington, whose starter role with Ottawa allowed him to accrue a score of 58.22

Mr. Nobody: Madison Bowey, severally selected, who managed no goals, no assists, no shots, and no penalties.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

whatis posted:

:toxx:

At the end of the 2021 / 2022 season, 90% of poster-submitted teams will have scored better than the actual team Ron Francis and Jason Botterill put together

easiest toxx of my life

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

lol I finished 2nd last, still better than the actual Kraken

nice :)

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Congrats Mike_V!

Condolences, Ron Francis. Your team may not have been good at hockey, but they still have a lot of cap space and flexibility.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Would it be possible to calculate the best possible score or would that take too long

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

I like that we had people in this draft who had never watched hockey before, people who probably picked their teams in 5 minutes while they were high or drunk, people who just went off of the first player they recognized for most the teams cause they didn't give a poo poo outside of their division.. and everyone made the cutoff line for outdoing the Kraken lol

The first season for the Kraken is one that will go down in the history books!

.... also all those people I mentioned managed to beat my team, which I am not as pleased about.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

you finished a good 30 points above fisting by many. Give yourself credit for that.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Yaya posted:

Would it be possible to calculate the best possible score or would that take too long

This would be tough to do because you would have to take into account anyone who was a free agent last summer and could have theoretically signed with Seattle in lieu of the Kraken picking a player from that team right?

I don't know if any of the lists from that time had all those guys on them.. I guess you could collect all the names with enough work

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

:laffo: while I hoped to score better it brings me great joy we all did better than ppl paid millions of dollars to do their job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Zodijackylite posted:

Congrats Mike_V!

Condolences, Ron Francis. Your team may not have been good at hockey, but they still have a lot of cap space and flexibility.

I'm told this is more valuable than players who are good at hockey.

Also, that was fun. Thanks for doing the legwork! Seattle suuuucks.