Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

My mom wouldn’t enjoy something like that. She has better taster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I hope I get hit by a Tesla

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/Kristennetten/status/1521295538376691712

i like how hes so clearly tweaking hard as gently caress, what with the jerkiness/dead-eyed awkward hard eye contact/lipsucking/jaw clenching yet hes never called out on it. the dude is the most uncool drug addict in history

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Man, getting photobombed by mom at the met gala? Epic!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

thatfatkid posted:

i like how hes so clearly tweaking hard as gently caress, what with the jerkiness/dead-eyed awkward hard eye contact/lipsucking/jaw clenching yet hes never called out on it. the dude is the most uncool drug addict in history

he looks like a fuckin orchestra comductor on meth

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

thatfatkid posted:

what with the jerkiness/dead-eyed awkward hard eye contact/lipsucking/jaw clenching yet hes never called out on it.

Some people are just not comfortable with making fun of someone's disability.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1521517555084525568

https://mobile.twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1521556795965071361

loving hate this guy, rewriting his own history in real time

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

FAUXTON posted:

he looks like a fuckin orchestra comductor on meth

:lmao:

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

thatfatkid posted:

Millions of likes on Twitter giving him the jitters

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

the musks were absolutely throwing the best parties at their school. totally

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Gonna say I ran a nightclub because I had a few friends over and asked for some money for the keg

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

$5 entry fee to the musk house? no thanks

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I hate how he just turns everything into bacon narwhal

“hey can you spot me five bucks for beer” = ZOMG MUSK INVENTED THE CONCEPT OF THE NIGHTCLUB

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

why doesn't everyone pay their rent by simply turning their apartment into an unlicensed night club

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

George H.W. oval office posted:

Gonna say I ran a nightclub because I had a few friends over and asked for some money for the keg

Also didn't someone point out ITT that he actually owned the house? What kind of broke college students own a frathouse?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Dustcat posted:

why doesn't everyone pay their rent by simply turning their apartment into an unlicensed night club
Probably because your landlord would throw your rear end out on the street if you tried it.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/kylemsound/status/1521549453097844738

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
yeah elong is definitely opposed to private companies charging you to use their services

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Apple has been doing ridiculous levels of price gouging forever based on nebulous ideas that their brand is better and worth it. Tesla also does this, but to a much greater degree. Your iPhone is also not likely to end up killing you or random pedestrians.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!

Casimir Radon posted:

Apple has been doing ridiculous levels of price gouging forever based on nebulous ideas that their brand is better and worth it. Tesla also does this, but to a much greater degree. Your iPhone is also not likely to end up killing you or random pedestrians.

look who doesn’t have this years iPhone. aren’t they the same price as Samsung anyway?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Casimir Radon posted:

Your iPhone is also not likely to end up killing you or random pedestrians.

buddy, you ain't seen my iphone

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

look who doesn’t have this years iPhone. aren’t they the same price as Samsung anyway?
The flagship option probably is at least close. You can get cheaper Android phones, or refurbs of either. Apple does jack up the prices on computers to crazy levels. I bought a MacBook Pro in 2007 and they wanted $600 to go from 2 to 4GB of ram. An upgrade I did a couple years later for $50.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

infernal machines posted:

buddy, you ain't seen my iphone

My iphone gets so hot that I feel like it's going to explode if I touch it wrong.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!

Casimir Radon posted:

The flagship option probably is at least close. You can get cheaper Android phones, or refurbs of either. Apple does jack up the prices on computers to crazy levels. I bought a MacBook Pro in 2007 and they wanted $600 to go from 2 to 4GB of ram. An upgrade I did a couple years later for $50.

oh yeah their computer part prices are particularly amazing

https://twitter.com/9to5mac/status/1251545102524219392?s=21&t=OTc2zRvDwRSc8BazXYdbLA

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
they're pretty hilarious, but they're no $12000 software package for a feature that doesn't exist and will try to kill you if you turn it on

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

It's like ... If you got in your car and it wouldn't work if you didn't pay the car company a monthly fee?

Can you imagine something so outrageous. Being taxed on your day to day life like that?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Oh yeah. I think I saw them selling a monitor stand that was several hundred bucks recently.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
that poo poo is meant to grift a few extra hundo out of a corporate spend account. Nobody actually gets the wheel kit or the fancy monitor stand for a home setup.

apple also subsidizes its lower end models by upcharging a lot on the higher end. the oft-bemoaned "expensive ram" upgrade is because if they didnt do that, the entry level macbook air would be 1399 instead of 1099 or w/e. meanwhile devs and yospos figgie earners dont mind paying extra for the higher ram spec so why not

that being said, let us re-focus. gently caress elon musk

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

err posted:

My iphone gets so hot that I feel like it's going to explode if I touch it wrong.
now a major motion picture

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Jonny 290 posted:

that poo poo is meant to grift a few extra hundo out of a corporate spend account. Nobody actually gets the wheel kit or the fancy monitor stand for a home setup.

apple also subsidizes its lower end models by upcharging a lot on the higher end. the oft-bemoaned "expensive ram" upgrade is because if they didnt do that, the entry level macbook air would be 1399 instead of 1099 or w/e. meanwhile devs and yospos figgie earners dont mind paying extra for the higher ram spec so why not

that being said, let us re-focus. gently caress elon musk

i hope he has a rocket accident :twisted:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Dustcat posted:

bing bong, so simple

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010
I know we all know dumbass elon stans and they do exist but I can't help but suspect that elon actually pays real people to post some of this bootlicking stuff on twitter. The posts that start "I'm not a fan of Mr. Musk, but..." always give me that vibe. And now that we know hes willing to spend 40 billion to own the platform I don't think it's unreasonable to think he'd also be willing to run a posting farm just so he can get internet clout.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

I know we all know dumbass elon stans and they do exist but I can't help but suspect that elon actually pays real people to post some of this bootlicking stuff on twitter. The posts that start "I'm not a fan of Mr. Musk, but..." always give me that vibe. And now that we know hes willing to spend 40 billion to own the platform I don't think it's unreasonable to think he'd also be willing to run a posting farm just so he can get internet clout.
He paid both The Simpsons and Star Trek to say nice things about him, so random idiots on Twitter getting $1K to do the same thing isn’t out of reason.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
i miss the old apple
battery cold, apple
before household apple
wrong users polled, apple

upgrade myself, apple
RAM off-the-shelf, apple
right-to-repair, apple
pull out my hair, apple

i miss the Jobs apple
new guy's a slob, apple
thingamabob, apple
we gettin' robbed, apple

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

Oh no, a computer that he built...HIMSELF? What a peasant.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Casimir Radon posted:

He paid both The Simpsons and Star Trek to say nice things about him, so random idiots on Twitter getting $1K to do the same thing isn’t out of reason.

iron man 2 as well lol

here's the thing tho - he's not paying any of his bootlickers on twitter. they truly unironically believe he's keeping a list of Fans and they'll be in line for priority access to cybertrk / neuralink / mars ship.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Please do not fluff the billionares or piliticians. Even out of fear. gently caress, especially out of fear, come on humans we've had so many revolutions and wars about this.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

oh he’s absolutely paying for people to post nice things about him

he spends a ton in personal pr

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Yes but does Pranay Pathole get paid to twitter stalk him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Dustcat posted:

lmao my brother and his roommates threw “raise the rent” parties a few times until the landlord tossed them out for it