Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
idk how you people still have the energy to sit in line to wait for a dog after the extreme sport that is costco shopping and just wanting to escape the crowd and get the gently caress home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Soul Dentist posted:

May you never be hungry and poor enough to remember making this vow and regret. PBUC

When I lived next to the world's largest Costco my Saturday morning breakfast was samples and a polish dog and I miss it terribly

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

silicone thrills posted:

idk how you people still have the energy to sit in line to wait for a dog after the extreme sport that is costco shopping and just wanting to escape the crowd and get the gently caress home.

Before the pandemic we’d usually do it before kicking off the show. Good way not to buy a whole bunch of snacks, too.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Jingleheimer posted:

You know those tubes where cashiers shoot stuff up into their money vault area?
Bidets?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
There's never a food court line at my church. Occasionally there's an old dude trying to pay with cash but it's usually just a couple kiosk button taps away.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

silicone thrills posted:

Yep same. I have never gotten anything there, wife got a parfait once maybe.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I’ll time myself next time but I’m pretty sure I slammed out my last hot dog + pizza + drinks order at the kiosk in less than 10 seconds.

A+ system imo. Condolences to the pillfiends staring at it for 5 minutes before giving up

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Our food court doesn’t have a line at all anymore, it’s kiosk-only ordering.

So now you just get a big mass of people with carts blocking both the kiosk and the pickup window now.

Tiny Timbs posted:

I’ll time myself next time but I’m pretty sure I slammed out my last hot dog + pizza + drinks order at the kiosk in less than 10 seconds.

Tapping the card on the reader in .04 seconds while the chumps fumble with the chip reader

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Me, every time I remember how Costco used to be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKy9IPN31gs

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Bidet to you, sir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bmLy5HZznY

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

had a bunch of costco tamales tonight, based on the thread's recommendation.

Goddamn, A+, 5 stars, would get a belly ache again. Have enough for two more dinners too.

Going to keep an eye out for these every May now.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I've been completed repelled by the A-sha noodles since I bought a box a few years ago and the noodles weren't very good and the sauce wasn't either at the time.

For whatever reason the Hello Kitty brand A-sha noodles are great. Huge difference in texture and quality of the noodles. Maybe the sauce is the same but it tasted better too.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I forgot today is Tuesday and that I'm cooking dinner. Digging thru our CHEST freezer I'm seeing a pack of Kirkland Italian Style Meatballs. Any opinions on these things? Was thinking I'd brown em up then just simmer in some lovely WinCo marinara til it's time to chuck em onto some kind of pasta.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ive been spending more in groceries but way less on eating out for lunch, delivery, etc

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I stir fried the meatballs with salsa verde and fajita veggies last night for a quick protein and tossed them on a grilled pita with tzatziki and they were delicious.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Yes I realize I've picked the most boring possible application of meatballs. But I'm glad they aren't terrible!

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
I think they're actually already browned, but a little more won't hurt. I usually just microwave them and eat them as is when I've bought them. They work well along with pasta and red sauce as well though.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Inspector 34 posted:

I forgot today is Tuesday and that I'm cooking dinner. Digging thru our CHEST freezer I'm seeing a pack of Kirkland Italian Style Meatballs. Any opinions on these things? Was thinking I'd brown em up then just simmer in some lovely WinCo marinara til it's time to chuck em onto some kind of pasta.

Probably tough to find anything in there, just one big pile with all the old stuff at the bottom eh well that's chest freezers for you.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

pentyne posted:

I've been completed repelled by the A-sha noodles since I bought a box a few years ago and the noodles weren't very good and the sauce wasn't either at the time.

For whatever reason the Hello Kitty brand A-sha noodles are great. Huge difference in texture and quality of the noodles. Maybe the sauce is the same but it tasted better too.

I just bought these for my daughter.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

bird with big dick posted:

Probably tough to find anything in there, just one big pile with all the old stuff at the bottom eh well that's chest freezers for you.

I love this thread

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Grab your ceremonial garb.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

ellasmith posted:

I’m so loving lonely

it's too bad costco doesn't sell friends

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Slowly converting to a near 50/50 toss up between communion or a chicken bake these last few trips, honestly maybe the missing onions and deli style 'tard, but the chicken bake just hits the loving spot!

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

tangy yet delightful posted:

My oven has a thermometer, so I know it's pretty accurate, and I found these benefit from the 9 minutes, 7 minutes will trick you with cold insides.

1 isn't quite enough to fill me up but 2 sorta stuffs me.

i don't know how accurate my oven is, but i agree on lettin' er rip on the pide pizzas for longer than the box says. the cheese is pretty deep in some spots

i also found that some of my pides had a lot of tomatoey water in them that pooled on top of the cheese. i liked it better when i drained the water out after baking

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

maniacripper posted:

deli style 'tard

I'm not sure this going to catch on

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
It's our word and we're taking it back

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

In must we trust.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

maniacripper posted:

deli style 'tard

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

bird with big dick posted:

Costco has Boba's throne room for $59.99 in store and $64.99 online.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

If anyone needs mother’s day gifts, the gift baskets online are pretty darn good for the price. I’m lucky though, my mom loves gift baskets and doesn’t really care for mother’s day gifts otherwise.

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

2006... YEAR OF THE BURNITZ, BITCHES

pentyne posted:

The A-sha sauce is kind of weird - I like the noodles though. The Momofuku noodles are A-sha based and those have a much better sauce, but not Costco of course.

Better tossed in another type of sauce.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
i really liked the super wide a-sha noods, but liked the thin ones less well. or rather, i liked the sauce that came with the wider ones better. havent tried the hello kitty ones yet though

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

My Costco has pork tenderloin for $2.99/lb. That poo poo sells for $6/lb elsewhere and when cooked to pink comes out as good as a god drat steak.

Also worth mentioning: the made in house ravioli lasagna and mac & cheese, the scalloped potatoes in the refrigerated deli area, the frozen broccoli and normandy mix (duh), the fuckin pound and a half container of Chicken Better than Bouillon for $5 (toss a teaspoon in with your veg!), 24 packs of beer from Stone and from Lagunitas, the World's Best Fish Sticks (goes great with mac & cheese), and pretty much the entire toiletry/pharmacy area.

Also those salted chocolate caramel things but they taste too good so I don't buy them.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

My Costco has pork tenderloin for $2.99/lb. That poo poo sells for $6/lb elsewhere and when cooked to pink comes out as good as a god drat steak.
If you cut that coarsely into chunks, add enough water to just cover, add some spices and boil for like 4 hours you get delicious crispy pork Spanish style.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

I cut it into chops and sous vide and sear it in ghee. It really is almost as good as steak, for $10/lb less. Sometimes they even do $5 off the package so its even cheaper. Lately I've been cutting it up into smaller pieces and using it in burrito filling as well.

FilthyImp posted:

If you cut that coarsely into chunks, add enough water to just cover, add some spices and boil for like 4 hours you get delicious crispy pork Spanish style.

Recipe?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It's a good Lazy Sunday recipe with very little hovering over the pot

https://youtu.be/c_mBDx_0VXM

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

BeastOfExmoor posted:

I cut it into chops and sous vide and sear it in ghee. It really is almost as good as steak, for $10/lb less. Sometimes they even do $5 off the package so its even cheaper. Lately I've been cutting it up into smaller pieces and using it in burrito filling as well.

Recipe?

What’s your recipe for the burrito filling? Or just throw in some taco seasoning and cook it in a pan?

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

One loaf down already and it hasn’t even been 12 hours since getting it home. The kids will eat a second for breakfast, and I’ll freeze the third one. PBUC.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

devmd01 posted:

One loaf down already and it hasn’t even been 12 hours since getting it home. The kids will eat a second for breakfast, and I’ll freeze the third one. PBUC.

I still haven't seen it at my church

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

FilthyImp posted:

noooooooooooooo do not boil pork tenderloin of all things for 4 hours, it will turn into leather

use something fatty with lots of connective tissue, like pork shoulder or country style ribs