Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

jackofarcades posted:

He's very good and I've always defended his accolades and I consistently rate him as like a top 20 player, top 5ish PG.

He's just one of the biggest bitches in the sport

I'm sorry, Jae Crowder is a bigger bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

jfc suns they're already dead

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Well at least Dallas kept it competitive for most of the game this time.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
GPII would be great on CP3 (I'm counting out the Mavs already yes) but alas he was brutally assassinated by Dillon "The Demon" Brooks

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This fell apart fast.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Turns out the Mavs defense was some weird sorcery and wholly illusory

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/CJMcCollum/status/1522067827036811265

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

sucks when you play against a good team and not the utah jazz lol

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Devin... booker

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Chris Paul fixed his hairline I just noticed

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Suns getting a chip then the league booting Sarver to the curb would be the greatest back-to-back wins ever

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Mavs got past the first round: that's good

Got out of the KP trade, and for just a moment you thought Dinwiddie was gonna be huge piece moving forward: good, for the most part

Still need to build a better team around Luka: that's bad.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

wet like im book baby

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Mavs defense: kinda stay in the way, never contest shots so you can bait them into not taking advantage of the Free Layup Special every possession, hope they miss

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

morestuff posted:

Suns getting a chip then the league booting Sarver to the curb would be the greatest back-to-back wins ever

god please

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The lemonade in this commercial is a nice touch.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

They're pretty good, the Suns are just kind of on another level offensively. They put you in action after action and they ruthlessly hunt you every time. They don't waste possessions and they don't try to get cute.

They also are perfectly fine killing you in the midrange (like I said, literally shooting 60% from midrange this playoffs). The Mavs are built to play the math, but it doesn't work against the Suns.

The only way you can really slow them down is if you can really switch 1-5 and everyone holds up.

The Bucks won last year by parking Jrue on CP3 and just making Booker go 1 on 1, which he's capable of doing, but it ruins the ball movement.

The Heat and Boston will be able to slow it down a little bit, but only Boston I think can score against them.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Free Frank Smoke

Mana Dragon
Nov 1, 2007

Ware Smash!
Series will be over in 4 most likely, Mavs are just out matched in every aspect.

Mavs got a lot to improve on for next season, but this team is weighed down with a bunch of bad contracts and honestly I don't think they should re-sign Brunson, otherwise this is what the Mavs will look like for multiple years, and it just won't stack up against the best teams in the league.

Luka needs to mature some as well, I love him as a player but he needs to be more focused.

And please find a competent big man.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
The Suns better win the title after this dismantling of Dallas.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Mavs really fell apart huh

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

I still think they squeak one out at home, but yeah this series feels over

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Brons guy got him right

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

Mavs got past the first round: that's good

Got out of the KP trade, and for just a moment you thought Dinwiddie was gonna be huge piece moving forward: good, for the most part

Still need to build a better team around Luka: that's bad.

They might need to try to tear it down completely. I don't know, man. I don't trust Brunson and we're about to pay him $25m? We still owe a draft pick to New York?

I have no clue how to get out of this, but the KP trade not working was such a disaster.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Randall from recess here to finish things up

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Ragnarok the Red posted:

The Suns better win the title after this dismantling of Dallas.

If everyone is healthy the Mavs are maaaybe the sixth best team in the West.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Mana Dragon posted:

Series will be over in 4 most likely, Mavs are just out matched in every aspect.

Mavs got a lot to improve on for next season, but this team is weighed down with a bunch of bad contracts and honestly I don't think they should re-sign Brunson, otherwise this is what the Mavs will look like for multiple years, and it just won't stack up against the best teams in the league.

Luka needs to mature some as well, I love him as a player but he needs to be more focused.

And please find a competent big man.

yeah I think you just take what you get for Brunson in a sign and trade, try to pick up draft picks, and find something else

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

jackofarcades posted:

They're pretty good, the Suns are just kind of on another level offensively. They put you in action after action and they ruthlessly hunt you every time. They don't waste possessions and they don't try to get cute.

They also are perfectly fine killing you in the midrange (like I said, literally shooting 60% from midrange this playoffs). The Mavs are built to play the math, but it doesn't work against the Suns.

The only way you can really slow them down is if you can really switch 1-5 and everyone holds up.

The Bucks won last year by parking Jrue on CP3 and just making Booker go 1 on 1, which he's capable of doing, but it ruins the ball movement.

The Heat and Boston will be able to slow it down a little bit, but only Boston I think can score against them.

The Suns offense is fun because it is very Beautiful Game Spurs prior to them adding a bunch of 3s to it. It also drives modern analysts crazy. Zach Lowe trying to understand how it works and getting frustrated in his recent episode was good.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

jackofarcades posted:

They might need to try to tear it down completely. I don't know, man. I don't trust Brunson and we're about to pay him $25m? We still owe a draft pick to New York?

I have no clue how to get out of this, but the KP trade not working was such a disaster.

Brunson just totally disappearing the first two games this series has been super disappointing, had a glimmer of hope we may have found Luka his two last round.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

doncic needs to train at the sloppy fat white boys offseason program with jokic. he looked dead in the 4th so they zone up and cp3/book just demolish it. unplayable.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

de curry GOAT posted:

Brons guy got him right

Travel restrictions to Bangladesh were lifted.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

If everyone is healthy the Mavs are maaaybe the sixth best team in the West.

I think so, too - I think they're better than the T-Wolves, maybe not the Pelicans. I actually think they match up well with the Grizzlies but obviously the grizz rack up more wins.

I think it's just a 82 vs 16 game player thing. Dinwiddie and Brunson aren't good enough and they're gonna be making like $45m between them.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

hifi posted:

doncic needs to train at the sloppy fat white boys offseason program with jokic. he looked dead in the 4th so they zone up and cp3/book just demolish it. unplayable.

His defense is a problem. That's where Jokic improved the most this year to hit another level, but I'm not sure Luka has the physical gifts necessary to get there. The roster construction doesn't really help out there either.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Rick posted:

The Suns offense is fun because it is very Beautiful Game Spurs prior to them adding a bunch of 3s to it. It also drives modern analysts crazy. Zach Lowe trying to understand how it works and getting frustrated in his recent episode was good.

I mean Booker, Ayton, and CP3 are all very good midrange shooters, but at some point you wonder if maybe they'll go cold for a couple of games and they're suddenly in trouble?

Anyway good year Dallas, they outplayed their talent level and ran into a real team. I would love for the Mavs to have anyone as good as Mikal Bridges as our fourth best player

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
So many of y’all giving up before your team hits its home gym. It’s too early.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
de curry GOAT you are the light brother of this thread.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Rick posted:

I'll take a gentleman's sweep at this point, the Mavs just don't have the depth to overcome this unless Brunson :ssj:s into his first round self and even that probably wouldn't be enough.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Rick posted:

#1 its the suns #2 mavs dont exactly have the most stellar playoff home record in the Luka era lol

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Shaq insisting that it's not hard to beat a good team 11 times in a row is a fascinating case of contrarianism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Rick posted:

Phoenix is on a 10 game win streak vs Dallas and teams who are up 2-0 with home court are 199-16 historically. The Mavs are slight underdogs at home.

I'd estimate our chances at winning to be about 5-10%.

Right now the Heat are -800, which is about 88% to win their series. So maybe the Mavs are like 15%?

538 has the Mavs odds at 8%