Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The internet also causes brain damage, Prince was ahead of his time

we are posting on a dead website whose tagline is "the internet makes you stupid"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

The_Franz posted:

"the internet makes you stupid"

it does

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it made me who I am today

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

psiox posted:

get those job applications out there before the netflix people ride around shooting all the jobs

time to get paid, blow up like the world trade

i'm still barely over a year in my current gig so it's taking a lot of patience to not be throwing my resume out right now but after i got a 3% raise and only half my bonus it's really hard not to

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

test result: positively cute

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i'm still barely over a year in my current gig so it's taking a lot of patience to not be throwing my resume out right now but after i got a 3% raise and only half my bonus it's really hard not to

do it

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
wild how so many people in my office are out sick a week after we reopened

hard to say what could be causing this, much to consider in my last two days

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
everyone just has a really bad case of the mondays

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

PIZZA.BAT posted:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

like someone else said earlier: do it before all the Netflix resumes start flooding everywhere

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Stereotype posted:

everyone just has a really bad case of the mondays

im never going to an office on a monday ever again

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

graph posted:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

graph posted:

Graphield

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

about to start my second job in a row where there’s no physical office to go to even if I wanted

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
e: eek this was inflammatory

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 19:01 on May 5, 2022

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

echinopsis posted:

i’ve never worked a day of my life from home and one day I hope for that privilege but until that day i’ll just continue to go into the job like every other poor schlub that you hope to never have to be like

get a load of this guy everybody. he has to commute and see people in person instead of through a computer

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

echi's a drug dealer so he just goes into the store to interact with a bored pharm tech and the occasional customer to yell at them about how they hosed everything up (though i imagine being a retail pharm in kiwiland is way less horrible than in the us)

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

echi's a drug dealer so he just goes into the store to interact with a bored pharm tech and the occasional customer to yell at them about how they hosed everything up (though i imagine being a retail pharm in kiwiland is way less horrible than in the us)

not that it's better, but in the us the customer won't tell you they have covid and will open mouth cough on the counter as a form of greetings

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Agile Vector posted:

not that it's better, but in the us the customer won't tell you they have covid and will open mouth cough on the counter as a form of greetings

oh im well aware of how bad it can get. One of my friends was a tech at cvs in a super waspy area, and it just crushed her soul every single day.

she just does form janitoring now, and is much happier.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

the pharmacy workers won't be wearing masks, either

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my lyft app had an update dot on it this morning

the suck-n-gently caress is ON!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
suck-n-gently caress in a lyft seems dangerous

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

haveblue posted:

suck-n-gently caress in a lyft seems dangerous

cant let the cure be worse than the disease

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

echinopsis posted:

i’ve never worked a day of my life from home and one day I hope for that privilege but until that day i’ll just continue to go into the job like every other poor schlub that you hope to never have to be like

a mom walks by your pharmacy and remarks to her son, "see that guy back there? you better study hard in school so you can get a bs cs (top 50) and wfh, you don't wanna be like that guy do you?"

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Endless Mike posted:

the pharmacy workers won't be wearing masks, either

i’m glad I was when my methadone woman came up to me looking for her dose and told me “i’ve got covid” and I had be like no offence but can you leave lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

echinopsis posted:

i’m glad I was when my methadone woman came up to me looking for her dose and told me “i’ve got covid” and I had be like no offence but can you leave lol

the fact that you're repeating this tale like 36 hours after you first posted it really makes you look like a piece of poo poo, man

Maybe it's better if you find a WFH job after all.

there's that attention you ordered

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

uh what

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Imagine being in charge of life-saving medications, having people put their actual life in your hands and trusting you, and sleeping at night after referring to a human being as 'methadone woman'

gently caress off, dude.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ok that makes more sense

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DELETE CASCADE posted:

a mom walks by your pharmacy and remarks to her son, "see that guy back there? you better study hard in school so you can get a bs cs (top 50) and wfh, you don't wanna be like that guy do you?"

it’s true :cry:

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

oh im well aware of how bad it can get. One of my friends was a tech at cvs in a super waspy area, and it just crushed her soul every single day.

she just does form janitoring now, and is much happier.

the crushing part about US pharmacy seems to be the parts related to insurance, which I just don’t deal with at all.

I should say extra crushing because the real crushing part is that the job is EXTREMELY BORING

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I thought he was talking about the goddamn supplier, not a patient

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Back off methadone woman
leave my place of work
and dig your grave

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
methadone woman
stay away from meeeeee
methadone woman
honey let me beeeeeee

i dont wanna serve you no more
just deliver some ayahuasca to my door
i dont do those poor folks drugs
just instagram psychs and dank rear end nugs

methadone woman

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

Imagine being in charge of life-saving medications, having people put their actual life in your hands and trusting you, and sleeping at night after referring to a human being as 'methadone woman'

gently caress off, dude.

i’m not gonna defend that poor choice of words on my part, it was lazy and lovely

but the only thing that really matters is the respect and support that anyone gets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
OK well you massively disrespected and refused to support somebody in need because they were open about a contagious medical condition. so