Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Sex used to sell a product, news at 11

e: what an awful snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

First of May posted:

Sex used to sell a product, news at 11

e: what an awful snipe

Eh, for me it's the racism, not the sex. He's done plenty of raunchy poo poo in advertising before (he had a palette called Orgy, with shade names like Glory Hole and such) and I didn't bat an eye.

Granted, it's the same thought process behind it (controversy, scandal, etc), absolutely.

On its own, the ad is fairly questionable, but considering the person in the ad (history of racism and slurs, particularly towards Black women, as well as doing the whole "I can't be racist, I gently caress Black guys" bit)...there were multiple models of different races and genders in the full ad campaign, but this image purposefully chose only faceless Black men, in a sexual position, with "banana fetish"? I dunno, man. It's not just me seeing it.

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 06:16 on May 5, 2022

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

So at surface value it's crass, shallow, and vulgar, and for people who have context it's even more deeply grotesque. Honestly, thank you for explaining.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

it's like that lovely bond movie with the racist food allergies

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

OHMSS is not lovely. Easily the best bond film

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

There's not one "the" racist bond film, but if there was it would be you only live twice

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Do we need to break out the SCUM scale for this

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Yeah Jeffree knows this is racist and is doing it to get publicity. Jeffree and his wart Shane Dawson have made their entire career on being the sort of MUA/youtuber a Klansman could have a beer with, with a loyal following of children / uninformed people who'll buy their increasingly low quality products. I'm p sure J* will go full maga soon, it's the projected career path

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Yeah Jeffree knows this is racist and is doing it to get publicity. Jeffree and his wart Shane Dawson have made their entire career on being the sort of MUA/youtuber a Klansman could have a beer with, with a loyal following of children / uninformed people who'll buy their increasingly low quality products. I'm p sure J* will go full maga soon, it's the projected career path

J* did rep some guns recently IIRC, right?

That’s the thing about the beauty industry, a lot of things are seen as “well it’s distasteful but it’s not like, earth shattering bad”. The moment you add any sort of background context it goes from “eh, not ok” to “Jesus gently caress” real quick.

See KVD, J*, Milani, Too Faced, Nivea, ABH…

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

PhazonLink posted:

the banana is bending the wrong way.

Most people are righthanded, but

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Somfin posted:

Do we need to break out the SCUM scale for this
it's science-based!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

is that the guy that jerked off on his cat

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

christmas boots posted:

is that the guy that jerked off on his cat

Nope, I think that’s Shane Dawson

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

teen witch posted:

Nope, I think that’s Shane Dawson

Shane Dawson jerked off on his cat?!???

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Breetai posted:

Yes

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

When someone told him to cum on the pussy, that's not what they meant.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I believe you'll find he did not jerk off on his cat, he did not jerk off near his cat, he did not jerk off anywhere around his cat, and this is cancel culture actually

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
If jerking off on your cat is wrong then I don't wanna be wrong.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Read After Burning posted:

Here's some cosmetics stuff:

https://twitter.com/temptalia/status/1387747039497293824
Some folks are convinced the applicator looks like a penis or erect nipple. :wiggle: Even if that wasn't the case, the packaging has a lot of excessive plastic, which the beauty community has tried to move away from over the years.

Okay so one of my pet peeves is product packaging that makes it impossible to get all the product out (looking at YOU lotion bottles with pumps) so this is making me mad just to look at.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Okay so one of my pet peeves is product packaging that makes it impossible to get all the product out (looking at YOU lotion bottles with pumps) so this is making me mad just to look at.

If I can’t gut a product, why even make it.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Oh god. Who else remembers the original(?) urban decay eyelid primer in that solid skinny tall bottle with the doe foot applicator? I got so mad when I thought it was empty and cracked it open to find SO MUCH of product still inside. Just out of reach of the applicator. Angry Emojis.... Also the way the bottle was thicker than you'd thought, so in reality there was a lot less product to begin with.... Literally the most irritating marketing move companies do. Oh you're getting 2 fl oz of product but we're putting it in a container designed to look like it's 5 fl oz.

Though in mild defense of pump bottles, cerave body lotion seems to be ok. Even when I crack it open, it's pretty bone dry, aside from scant traces. I hope they don't change the packaging, it's the only pump bottle design that doesn't irritate me. Yes I reuse them for other lotions just because their pump designs are So Bad.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Breetai posted:

After watching the Jarvis Johnson video about him, I'm not even surprised.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

sexpig by night posted:

I believe you'll find he did not jerk off on his cat, he did not jerk off near his cat, he did not jerk off anywhere around his cat, and this is cancel culture actually

Context:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/benhenry/shane-dawson-denies-having-sex-with-his-cat

Basically the short version is that he told a story on a podcast which he says was meant to be an edgy joke. Then that resurfaced a few years later and people got upset over it, then he made the tweet sexpig is referencing which is when I think most people heard about it for the first time.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
My favorite was the people whose final straw was a nasty edgelord joke about a cat, but were apparently cool with the blackface and misogyny.

So literally just
https://mobile.twitter.com/priya_ebooks/status/1056169239181058050

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

christmas boots posted:

Context:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/benhenry/shane-dawson-denies-having-sex-with-his-cat

Basically the short version is that he told a story on a podcast which he says was meant to be an edgy joke. Then that resurfaced a few years later and people got upset over it, then he made the tweet sexpig is referencing which is when I think most people heard about it for the first time.
Thanks for the explanation. I did not know the context and did not get the reference. I thought it was a Dr. Seuss spoof. :v:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

value-brand cereal posted:

Oh god. Who else remembers the original(?) urban decay eyelid primer in that solid skinny tall bottle with the doe foot applicator? I got so mad when I thought it was empty and cracked it open to find SO MUCH of product still inside. Just out of reach of the applicator. Angry Emojis.... Also the way the bottle was thicker than you'd thought, so in reality there was a lot less product to begin with.... Literally the most irritating marketing move companies do. Oh you're getting 2 fl oz of product but we're putting it in a container designed to look like it's 5 fl oz.

Though in mild defense of pump bottles, cerave body lotion seems to be ok. Even when I crack it open, it's pretty bone dry, aside from scant traces. I hope they don't change the packaging, it's the only pump bottle design that doesn't irritate me. Yes I reuse them for other lotions just because their pump designs are So Bad.

huh never knew the term doe foot applicator till now.

Also we should put everything in wide mouth mason jars, and just sell things in 1 cup/250 mL, 2 cup, or 4 cup sizes. you brands can do your unique snowflake branding with the glue on paper label.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

PhazonLink posted:

Also we should put everything in wide mouth mason jars, and just sell things in 1 cup/250 mL, 2 cup, or 4 cup sizes. you brands can do your unique snowflake branding with the glue on paper label.

This was one idea I had as a kid.

The competing idea was that we should have plumbed lines of shampoo, conditioner, lemon lime soda, and any other fluid we want. There’s no container waste if the stuff comes right out of the tap.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Or just one line and it sends everything to you as you order it. Mayo, chicken broth, hot water, dish soap, rubbing alcohol, gasoline.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
It'd make cocktail mixing both easier and more interesting.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Brawnfire posted:

Or just one line and it sends everything to you as you order it. Mayo, chicken broth, hot water, dish soap, rubbing alcohol, gasoline.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pigging#Types_of_Pigs

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Brawnfire posted:

Fun fact: the LD50 of gasoline is about 14 g/kg, twice that of alcohol and half that of sugar.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
havent done the math yet, but my math/number gut feeling says thats a lot of sugar.

like not crush/buried under lot of more like "oh this stock pot of sugar is going to burst your stomach or you vomit from the soft tissue dehydration or irritation .

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I don't know who Shane Dawson is.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That'll do. Pigs.

Tunicate posted:

Fun fact: the LD50 of gasoline is about 14 g/kg, twice that of alcohol and half that of sugar.

poo poo I gotta start drinking it instead of inhaling it

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I don't know who Shane Dawson is.

Just a youtube dude who jacked off on his cat

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

bunnyofdoom posted:

Just a youtube dude who jacked off on his cat

Specifically a antiblack racist pedophile who is/was best friends with other known racists.

Who happened to jerk off onto his cat as a cherry on top of the poo poo sunday that is this person.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Literally the only thing I know about Shane Dawson is he jerked off on his cat.

Is he a politician? A Canadian SoundCloud rapper? A TikTok influencer? A youtube gamer?

Don't know. Don't care. Dude honked off all over his cat.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I know that he made a very long video about chuck e cheese that i had to block to make youtube stop showing me it

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

mandatory lesbian posted:

I know that he made a very long video about chuck e cheese that i had to block to make youtube stop showing me it

Oh god, he's that guy too? One day youtube just decided I really needed to start watching Chuck E Cheese pizza slice conspiracies for some reason, I have no idea why, but I remember his popping up now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNLgmdMto1A

?