Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Something for Code Vein that I've found is that usually enemies tend to not pay attention to your AI partner before a fight starts. Additionally, if you draw an enemy away with a bayonet shot/dagger/projectile gift and you're a distance away, you can peel your target from a group and draw them somewhere else to deal with them. This can lead into situations where you can let your partner hit the enemy you targeted while the rest don't act at all, which can be handy if there's a troublesome ambush group that you fell for earlier that you want to deal with.

EDIT: A word of warning to those who want the "get all endings" trophy/achievement: There's three endings, but the best ending actually has two variations and it is very minor but the game does not care because it, for some reason, counts them both as different. If you want to get both without having to replay the game all over again or copy a file off of PS+/your hard drive to fetch your past file, don't fix Eos all the way and beat the final boss first, and then do fix Eos and then beat him again.

A Bystander fucked around with this message at 09:04 on May 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Anything for the new Playstation Plus game, Tribes of Midgard?

I see Curse of the Dead Gods already has a page

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Citizen Sleeper

*You play as an android with a human consciousness downloaded into it
*You have 3 resources on the top of your screen
* The first is 'Flickering'. That's a measure of how hosed you your android body is. If it goes to zero, well don't let that happen.
*Under flickering you have 5 dice. The amount of flickering determines how many dice you get. At under 80% flickering you only have 4 dice
*Dice are used to take some actions in the game. So if you want to work a job you spend a die. Broadly speaking the higher rolled dies will give you better outputs on jobs. Some jobs would prefer you have lower die rolls (hacking). This makes all the outcomes usable.
*The dice reset on rest
*Under that you have energy. Some tasks give you energy some take it away. I was never close to being close to zero energy but I think letting it run out would be bad.
*You can also gains perks. By far the most important one seems to be the one that lets you re roll your dice when you wake up. You know in advance most of the time what things you want to do and how many pips you need. If you know you got some poo poo rolls just rerolling would save you a lot of heartbreak.
*You're probably not in as dire need of money as you think at first. There are a lot of ways to make it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you're playing citizen sleeper I would not recommend picking the character classe that starts with endurance. I never used either perk it has at any point in the game, and there is basically no scenario where either one would be helpful.

You'll get enough level ups to buy almost the entire skill grid. You'll want to bee-line the upgrade to turn scrap into condition (the yellow bar at the top) and getting dice re-rolls, but having all skills with +1 doesn't hurt.

For the easiest playthrough pick the mechanic. Between randomly getting scrap and eventually two different sources of scrap generation for dice, you'll be ahead monetarily and able to maintain your performance much earlier than other classes.

You can keep playing after most endings (you may need to explicitly reject some), so you can do nearly everything on a single playthrough. There are still endings that are terminal and will be permanently missable, so if you want everything you'll be doing lots of runs.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 02:27 on May 8, 2022

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
re: Citizen Sleeper

I started as the Endure class and it's solid enough. Not a trap option, IMO. Boring explanation in spoilers. A lot of early work is Endure and Intuit is easy to avoid until you have spare XP. Food isn't usually too much trouble, but you can get more energy out of a dice with photo-synthesis than working and buying food at various points and the roll has no penalties for a negative result.

The thing that did trash a run for me was buying access to Greenway too early. Probably better to buy a dose of Stabilizer first.

Lots of the perks are good. So just, read them and pick what calls to you. But scrap into condition is pretty great.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I would disagree on greenway as it has both infinite food for low dice rolls and infinite two piece of scrap harvesting. As soon as you have that and the perk where you can use scrap to repair yourself you never need money or stabilizers again but I was also drowning in money even during the early game squeeze.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Barudak posted:

I would disagree on greenway as it has both infinite food for low dice rolls and infinite two piece of scrap harvesting. As soon as you have that and the perk where you can use scrap to repair yourself you never need money or stabilizers again but I was also drowning in money even during the early game squeeze.

note that they said they bought access to greenway before getting a dose of stabilizer first, and that absolutely could lead to losing the run

when I first unlocked the ability to get stabilizer it just about cleaned me out and I was a day away from dropping down to 2 dice - rebuilding from there would have been a nightmare.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

You don't lose when you run out of condition, which is about the only tip I'd add to the page since it could lead people to drop the game.

EDIT: In fact I'm pretty sure there's no way to lose (other than maybe the second hitman and that's mostly because I didn't test it), the game just rolls with your choices.

lunar detritus fucked around with this message at 16:28 on May 8, 2022

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Yeah the "You can reload from your autosave after many endings" and "Things running out might suck but often won't game over you" are the biggest tips tbh.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

I'm 4 hours into Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin and it seems straightforward, but is there anything I should be aware of?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

ahobday posted:

I'm 4 hours into Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin and it seems straightforward, but is there anything I should be aware of?

jacks there to kill chaos.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

ahobday posted:

If a main mission or side mission on the map says its level is a little or even much higher than your equipment level, start it anyway. Basic enemies will drop gear at the higher level immediately.

Attacks that knock enemies in the air are extremely useful.

I would use shards to work towards unlocking new jobs, not upgrading my current one.

When in doubt, black magic or Sage while your party members use their skills to gain attention.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Pennfalath posted:

When in doubt, black magic or Sage while your party members use their skills to gain attention.

If you really want to shut down the game, Sage/Sage lets you use two stagger bars while not losing your Sage stacks whenever you swap.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Anything for Outriders past what's on the wiki? If it helps, I'll be playing solo and as either a pyromancer or trickster.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

The few important things are to keep upgrading your armor/weapons and don't feel too super attached, especially with the new cosmetic system. You can look like whatever you want and still keep using better gear, which is great!

If you want to recycle equipment to get the mods out of them, make sure to do it at the equipment upgrade/mod vendor instead of doing it straight from your inventory.

Phone posting at work, I'll try to clean this up a but when I get home.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Evil Kit posted:

If you want to recycle equipment to get the mods out of them, make sure to do it at the equipment upgrade/mod vendor instead of doing it straight from your inventory.

Wait why is this? I've been doing it from my inventory and have gotten the mods - or is there another reason?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong

• Don't press the RESTART button in the menu unless you want to start from the very beginning of the game.
  • If you screw up a feeding session, e.g., don't press F, accidentally tap F, get a phone call while pressing F, etc. Immediately press ESC and return to main menu to undo the action.

I'll add more if I figure them out. The big thing is to not restart. It'd be a bummer to accidentally screw up feeding and then restart to try and return to the beginning of the game.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Morpheus posted:

Wait why is this? I've been doing it from my inventory and have gotten the mods - or is there another reason?

I dunno if it's just a bug or what but I find doing it from my inventory I miss out of the mods being saved in my library sometimes. Was mostly noticeable with legendary mods, which are well worth not losing. It's more anecdotal than anything solid, but I'd rather offer advice on the side of not losing out. :shrug:

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010
I'm playing Subnautica: Below Zero right now and wondering if I missed something. I have a bunch of crafting blueprints for furniture, but they don't show up in the fabricator menus. Without spoiling too much about the progression or items later on, are these things something I'll be able to make later, or did I miss something? I never played the first game, so I don't know if that was maybe explained a bit more in that one.

Also, pretty early on I found the Delta Base which has a broken fabricator in it. I tried using the Repair tool on it, but nothing happened. Is the fabricator in my original escape pod the only one I can use, or can I use Delta base as a kind of second base for crafting?

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

pooch516 posted:

I'm playing Subnautica: Below Zero right now and wondering if I missed something. I have a bunch of crafting blueprints for furniture, but they don't show up in the fabricator menus. Without spoiling too much about the progression or items later on, are these things something I'll be able to make later, or did I miss something? I never played the first game, so I don't know if that was maybe explained a bit more in that one.

Also, pretty early on I found the Delta Base which has a broken fabricator in it. I tried using the Repair tool on it, but nothing happened. Is the fabricator in my original escape pod the only one I can use, or can I use Delta base as a kind of second base for crafting?

You need to fabricate a specific piece of equipment in order to make rooms/furniture/...
The fabricator is only for smaller materials or tools, for bigger things you need something else and you need to scan some parts of it first (look around wrecks or in boxes)
You will eventually be able to quite easily make fabricators yourself.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Anything for Super Robot Wars X as a newcomer to the series?

PRL412
Sep 11, 2007

... ... MINE
Anything for Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries? It's just the base game on Gamepass.

I already died on the 2nd or 3rd contract, and I tend to lose a lot of parts whenever other mechs show up.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

PRL412 posted:

I already died on the 2nd or 3rd contract, and I tend to lose a lot of parts whenever other mechs show up.

Get some mods, the game has some issues that can be easily fixed for a massively improved experience.

Turn on some level of aim assist. It's very difficult to aim while moving and managing your torso and leg positioning, and even the low setting with help a lot with keeping you on target, especially with lasers.

Positioning is incredibly important in fights; you can't just slug it out until you get into heavy and assaults, and even then it's dangerous.

Present your tougher sides to targets unless firing. The centurion for instance has more armor on his left arm because of the shield, so you should rotating your torso to present that side towards enemy fire as much as you can.

Pay attention to where your components are so you know what to protect and how to position. Did I mention that positioning is important?

Ammo will explode if hit by weapons, and take out the section its in. If that's a side torso, the arm attached comes off too. If it's center torso, you die. Don't ever put ammo in the CT.

Look for where your targets have their weapons, watch where the beams and projectiles come from. Targeting and destroying enemy weapons is a massive part of combat; don't just fire center mass, blow off arms to weaken them and legs to slow them.

Losing a leg cripples you, losing both kills you. Same for enemies.

Keep moving, the AI has more trouble hitting you at speed. They are still hideously accurate still though, which is one of the aforementioned issues. Mods can balance this.

Lancemates are really bad though and will regularly be worthless, unless you, yes, get mods.

I always put a negotiation point into damage costs, and the rest into salvage unless I need a fast cash injection. Salvage will always end up being more valuable in the long term.

Check your weapon groups! You don't want to alpha strike (fire everything at the same time) all the time.

Specialize your mechs. Focus on close combat and high armor (heavy acs, srms) mid range (lasers and mrms), or long range (ac/2, lrms, ppcs). If you have a spread of different ranged weapons, you're going to be weak at all ranges. Your lancemates can cover the other ranges.

You don't always need to max out armor. It helps when you're new and learning positioning, but the best defense is blowing the poo poo out of enemy arms and weapons. If you can lose a ton or two of armor and add another laser or missile rack, you will potentially be way better off. Dead mechs can't shoot at you.

Don't overdo it on ammo. I promise you you do not need 80 shots on that ac/20.

Don't bring what you can't afford to lose. That brand new level 3 large pulse laser is really dope yeah, but if you get your arm blown off it's gone forever. Hope you can find another one! That said, don't be afraid to use your good poo poo. Just think about the mech it's going on and the mission ahead (torso slots are usually way, way safer than arms, demolition missions tend to be cqc slogs, etc).

Check industrial zones on the regular. They populate with rare weapons and mechs, as well as Hero Mechs. The hero variants are great; always have higher armor and structure, as well as unique perks and bonuses coupled with rare and powerful fittings.

Flank flank flank flank. Rear armor is always weaker that front, even if it's maxed. Get behind a mech and go ham on it and you'll drop poo poo in no time. Same goes for you though, so pay attention to your positioning.

Oh, pay attention to your positioning, if I hadn't made that clear yet.

Get some mods.

Sandwich Anarchist fucked around with this message at 13:01 on May 26, 2022

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

PRL412 posted:

Have you played other Mechwarrior games? If not there's a few tips that might help

- There are four ways to kill a mech: destroying all its weapons (difficult since many mechs have small weapons in their torsos, not just their arms), destroying both legs, damaging the body of the mech a lot, or by "coring" them which is the equivalent of a headshot and frequently is around the cockpit area.

- Don't just stand still and get shot, keep moving as much as you can, especially when in lighter mechs. Use the terrain to run out, dump your weapons and build up heat, and then press back around a corner in order to buy time to bleed your heat back off.

- When building your mech you can toss in an extra heat sink to help a lot with your heat dissipation.

- In order to preserve your mech's parts you can help to evenly distribute the damage you are taking by rotating what part is facing towards the enemy. This can mean changing what angle you are running at them with, but it can also mean turning your cockpit so that your left arm is facing them, then your right, and so on since your feet and torso are separate.

- That being said, you are going to take damage, that's just part of the game. If you have an expensive weapon on your right arm then use your left as a shield whenever you aren't actively firing. That only works so long as the enemy isn't eating into the left side of your torso, however.

- If you are rubbing too hard up against the tonnage limits for missions then there are mods that remove it.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Started playing Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga; any essential upgrades I should try to get first, or is this game for children and none of it matters

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Ainsley McTree posted:

Started playing Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga; any essential upgrades I should try to get first, or is this game for children and none of it matters

The latter, I guess if you want to focus on anything the core upgrade tree (the top non-hero-specific one) is generally the most impactful, and it's worth saving up for the "cheats" that multiply the value of studs early on. The latter are multiplicative so getting the first two (2x stud value and 4x stud value) gives you 8x stud value, the third one is 6x stud value giving you 48x, and it goes from there.

They're not really cheats (although they make getting True Jedi trivial) they just let you buy whatever characters and ships you want without grinding, also big numbers are fun

PRL412
Sep 11, 2007

... ... MINE

CuddleCryptid posted:

More MW5 stuff

Thanks! Things got better once I had a couple of lancemates. Now I'm looking at mods. : )

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.
The Ninja Gaiden games are coming to gamepass. I loved both Nioh and Nioh 2, because they were souls games with a zillion idiot systems grafted onto them and every enemy explodes into loot like a Borderlands pinata. Yes, I'm sick.

I've heard repeatedly on reddit and (I think) the Watch out for Fireballs goons that the Nioh games are more like Ninja Gaiden than any souls game. Is there any truth to this? How are the souls games and the Gaiden games different?

The wiki is suuuuper thin on the Ninja Gaiden games.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

UltraShame posted:

The Ninja Gaiden games are coming to gamepass. I loved both Nioh and Nioh 2, because they were souls games with a zillion idiot systems grafted onto them and every enemy explodes into loot like a Borderlands pinata. Yes, I'm sick.

I've heard repeatedly on reddit and (I think) the Watch out for Fireballs goons that the Nioh games are more like Ninja Gaiden than any souls game. Is there any truth to this? How are the souls games and the Gaiden games different?

The wiki is suuuuper thin on the Ninja Gaiden games.

In general gameplay they're really nothing alike. The Ninja Gaiden games are high pace character action games that reward speed and extensive combo usage. I'd say they're more similar to classic Devil May Cry than Nioh. No extra systems, no stances, no level ups, no loot to speak of other than whatever item chests are spread through the levels.

They're vaguely similar in boss strategy but no more than any other game that has specific tells on enemy attacks.

Personally I love the Souls games and enjoyed the Niohs, but Ninja Gaiden just didn't click with me at all.

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.
I just started Rogue Legacy 2. Are there are manor upgrades I should look to pump up first? Any other essential tips to know about?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Something for Chaos Gate: Demonhunters, a Warhammer 40k X-Com like:

- There is no %tohit. Ranged weapons hit for 100% damage, half if your target is in half cover, and 0 in case of full cover. There is also damage dropoff from 50% range. When you move, you can see your LoS and damage that you will do at your destination to every enemy in range.

- Melee is more powerful than range, but you need a way to get close.

- Overwatch will get your guys out of cover as they aim.

- You get full Action Points when entering combat, and also when killing the last active enemy. That means you can do things like sneak to a pod, trigger it with your last AP, get a full turn, kill everything and get another turn. Note that "in combat" means "an active enemy somewhere in the map", so if you activate reinforcements and run away, you're still considered to be in combat and won't get extra AP.

- On lower difficulties, early on is hard to stun people because they die too fast. Your best bet is probably the Purgator Tackle, that hits for 1 HP and gives 1 stun. Executions are needed to extract seeds before specialised equipment AND give everyone AP, so its sometimes worth it.

- Justicars are your tanks and can give AP to other people, Interceptors are blender murder machines and Purgators can either spec into ALL THE GRENADES or very good shooters that ignore cover and can act as auto turrets when your other knights shoot at an enemy. They also have a skill that doubles damage in an area. Apothecaries are meh, and their job can be easily substituted by wargear. Eventually you unlock 4 other classes, but that doesn't feel like a Before I Play thing.

- Grenades are very good. There are plenty of cliffs in the maps, and knockback 3 is usually enough to remove a couple of enemies.

- The game rewards aggression, but the Warp Surges usually aren't too bad (-1WP, -1 health, 0% resistance against afflictions, an extra pod...), so you can take setup turns here and there without much worries.

- Good early upgrades are the thing that gives you materials, barracks upgrade and speed upgrade.

- Don't be afraid to put wounded people in battle if you need to.

- Do not place Prognosticators before the first guest mission, or be prepared to live with not being efficient about it.

- Before the first guest mission, be sure to have at least the first speed upgrade.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Vidaeus posted:

I just started Rogue Legacy 2. Are there are manor upgrades I should look to pump up first? Any other essential tips to know about?

I have not gotten all the way through my first run yet, and I have read (it’s in some of the patch notes even) that a significant portion of the game is behind NG+. So I am not completely sure how fully accurate these tips are over the long haul:

Iron is going to be little bit of a bottleneck, so anything that improves iron gathering will help you to get better equipment faster. But don’t stress it too much, as without weight improvements, you may not have the capacity to wear the best found blueprints.

Consider spreading the points around the manor at first, as there are multiple classes that have to be unlocked by buying a room in the manor first. I don’t think any of them are particularly OP, but some of them are definitely fun to play with. Also, each class has its own bonus from gaining levels that gets added to all classes.

You will eventually unlock a challenges room in the starting town. The challenges are difficult, but reward a currency that can be used to increase levels of manor rooms, gain +level blueprints, and some other stuff. The challenges have a default difficulty that is not affected by manor or gear upgrades. You can make the challenges a bit easier by clearing out the red portals for “Scars” once you have unlocked the challenges. You also earn some othe the challenge currency when you defeat bosses.

You may find it worthwhile to skip a boss and explore new zones for more money/xp/blueprints/unlocks and come back to tackle bosses after some upgrades. There is only one late level instance of a boss directly gating off new content (kinda/sorta, trying to be vague). There is usually a way to get around a gate, or the new level you found is meant to be tackled later after you found upgrades in other levels.

Don’t just skip all the story content rooms. When you get the last story entry for a level filled in, it unlocks and points clues to a hidden room that when found gives bonus damage to the boss of the level.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Fat Samurai posted:

Something for Chaos Gate: Demonhunters, a Warhammer 40k X-Com like:

Adding on to this, to get the Seeds from carriers you have to *crit* then with a melee attack, it isn't enough to just hit them. The starter Justicar's special attack that gives +100 to crit is good for this, but if you can't do that then try and hit them for stun before you attack.

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

Orvin posted:

I have not gotten all the way through my first run yet, and I have read (it’s in some of the patch notes even) that a significant portion of the game is behind NG+. So I am not completely sure how fully accurate these tips are over the long haul:

Iron is going to be little bit of a bottleneck, so anything that improves iron gathering will help you to get better equipment faster. But don’t stress it too much, as without weight improvements, you may not have the capacity to wear the best found blueprints.

Consider spreading the points around the manor at first, as there are multiple classes that have to be unlocked by buying a room in the manor first. I don’t think any of them are particularly OP, but some of them are definitely fun to play with. Also, each class has its own bonus from gaining levels that gets added to all classes.

You will eventually unlock a challenges room in the starting town. The challenges are difficult, but reward a currency that can be used to increase levels of manor rooms, gain +level blueprints, and some other stuff. The challenges have a default difficulty that is not affected by manor or gear upgrades. You can make the challenges a bit easier by clearing out the red portals for “Scars” once you have unlocked the challenges. You also earn some othe the challenge currency when you defeat bosses.

You may find it worthwhile to skip a boss and explore new zones for more money/xp/blueprints/unlocks and come back to tackle bosses after some upgrades. There is only one late level instance of a boss directly gating off new content (kinda/sorta, trying to be vague). There is usually a way to get around a gate, or the new level you found is meant to be tackled later after you found upgrades in other levels.

Don’t just skip all the story content rooms. When you get the last story entry for a level filled in, it unlocks and points clues to a hidden room that when found gives bonus damage to the boss of the level.

Thanks for the tips!
I’ve found a couple of starter blueprints. When creating equipment from them, is it a once off cost and then you can equip each item to any heir on future, or do you need to buy the item for each run?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I would also add to Chaos Gate: Demonhunters

- When you see the range of how far your guys can move when selecting them you can make multiple moves in that area and still only use 1 AP. This includes setting up waypoints to go around hazards and can sometimes be used to attack an enemy from a specific side in melee.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Vidaeus posted:

Thanks for the tips!
I’ve found a couple of starter blueprints. When creating equipment from them, is it a once off cost and then you can equip each item to any heir on future, or do you need to buy the item for each run?

Once you buy the blueprint, you can equip it on any heir in the future. The same applies to runes.

Suggested Manor Upgrades: (Minor spoilers)

Gold gain upgrades are highest priority. Universal Health Stair, Repurposed Mining Shaft and Massive Vault. Massive Vault comes a bit later.

From there I suggest branching out and giving one point to everything possible so you unlock the Manor as fast as possible. You can do this while getting gold for more gold gain upgrades.

Equipment and Runes do help out but early on aren't super important, focus the Manor unlocks and you can hoard materials for equipment and runes while you do that.

Vidaeus
Jan 27, 2007

Cats are gonna cat.

Kuros posted:

Once you buy the blueprint, you can equip it on any heir in the future. The same applies to runes.

Suggested Manor Upgrades: (Minor spoilers)

Gold gain upgrades are highest priority. Universal Health Stair, Repurposed Mining Shaft and Massive Vault. Massive Vault comes a bit later.

From there I suggest branching out and giving one point to everything possible so you unlock the Manor as fast as possible. You can do this while getting gold for more gold gain upgrades.

Equipment and Runes do help out but early on aren't super important, focus the Manor unlocks and you can hoard materials for equipment and runes while you do that.

Cool, thanks!

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Ninja Gaiden Sigma2 and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge just appeared on Xbox Gamepass. I beat the “original” Ninja Gaiden Sigma on PS3 ages ago, so just wondering if there is anything important I should know going in?

I remember the “on land charge” (i.e. quickly hold-release heavy attack right as you land from a jump to quickly unleash absorb essence and unleash charged attack) being a critical move in NGS, so wondering if there are similar hidden stuff, best weapons to upgrade, etc.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Having spent some more time with Lego Star Wars: Skywalker Saga, my biggest tip would be:

* Don't stress about clearing the map of collectibles etc on your first run through the game. Many of them (including the ones in story missions) can only be reached via free play after you've unlocked all the character types. Furthermore, scavengers don't get their full set of abilities until you unlock them in certain story missions (i'm pretty sure i'm right about this anyway), so if it seems like you can't reach something, you genuinely might not be able to yet, it's best to play the episodes first and come back later if you're aiming for 100% completion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Having spent some more time with Lego Star Wars: Skywalker Saga, my biggest tip would be:

* Don't stress about clearing the map of collectibles etc on your first run through the game. Many of them (including the ones in story missions) can only be reached via free play after you've unlocked all the character types. Furthermore, scavengers don't get their full set of abilities until you unlock them in certain story missions (i'm pretty sure i'm right about this anyway), so if it seems like you can't reach something, you genuinely might not be able to yet, it's best to play the episodes first and come back later if you're aiming for 100% completion.

Scavengers get their full set of gear fairly early into Ep 7, iirc, so you can dip in to get those and then hop back to whatever Ep you want to start with.