Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

After multiple people talking having watched Moon Knight in this thread and mentioning Legion I finally spent some time going back and watching it on Hulu.

This show rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Baliin ang kanyang leeg
Crush ang windpipe niya!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s Aubrey Plaza’s best work

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFVHvbYkbLw

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

That's not Jake. Check the pronoun. "He's going to destroy everything". (this is matched by the disney+ subtitles).

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

Bollywood Khonshu

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

I don't want to alarm anyone. But I vaguely remember having a super weird dream once where there was this giant penis monster with lots of little tentacles that were also penises. Multiverse is whack yo.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

A.o.D. posted:

That's not Jake. Check the pronoun. "He's going to destroy everything". (this is matched by the disney+ subtitles).

He's the only version we see with a broken nose. Jake is a brawler, so :shrug:

And the voice is totally different from the other two personalities. So are his expressions. The wide mouthed rictus he gets when he starts getting violent is nothing like anything we ever saw on them.

"He" could simply be Harrow.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Yeah, I assumed that when he said "he's going to destroy everything" he was referring to the guy that he's looking at who is going to destroy everything.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
I hope Jimmy and D'arcy somehow find out the result of the (MoM) Wanda and Captain Marvel fight.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
After seeing it, I don't think it was an accident that the new Doctor Strange movie was basically called "Doctor Strange and the Mom", and that it was released on Mother's Day weekend.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
this poor kid next to us at the theater said "I thought a Sam Raimi movie would be innocent, like Spider-Man" and he seemed genuinely upset

movie good

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Just finished watching Moon Knight (cause I somehow missed entirely it had started airing so I binged it this weekend) and man, that was a good one. I would not have expected it of all things to be so solid from what precious little I know about the character.

Egyptian gods are all the stuff related to them is really cool, I hope we get another season cause I loved so much of the aesthetic stuff in it. :allears:

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god

Rockstar Massacre posted:

this poor kid next to us at the theater said "I thought a Sam Raimi movie would be innocent, like Spider-Man" and he seemed genuinely upset

movie good

There were some kids genuinely freaked out at some of the more horror moments I have to say. Unexpectedly gruesome in parts for an eight year old

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I was thinking about how uncharacteristically gory it was for a Marvel movie. I loved it.

ol boy blowing his own head off blew my mind.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

live with fruit posted:

I hope Jimmy and D'arcy somehow find out the result of the (MoM) Wanda and Captain Marvel fight.

This is my new Cap wields Mjolnir.

Pay this gag off 11 movies from now, you COWARDS

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

This is my new Cap wields Mjolnir.

Pay this gag off 11 movies from now, you COWARDS

I was rewatching some MCU stuff lately and listening to analysis from people and realized just how much people like the Russos pulled from older films to build connections. The part where Tony is the only one on Titan to wound Thanos and he goes "All that for a drop of blood?" In Iron Man 2, Vanko tells Tony "If you make a god bleed, people will stop believing in him."

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Egyptian take-out establishments proving there's no publicity like having the avatar of an omnicidal crocodile god try to kill people outside your joint.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

I was rewatching some MCU stuff lately and listening to analysis from people and realized just how much people like the Russos pulled from older films to build connections.

The subtle callback I like to point to is the dialogue between Black Panther and Hawkeye.

They meet for the first time fighting each other in Civil War.
H: We haven't met yet. I'm Clint.
BP: I don't care.

They meet for the second time during the final battle in Endgame, with Hawkeye looking to hand off the gauntlet.
BP: Clint, give it to me.

:3:

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

After multiple people talking having watched Moon Knight in this thread and mentioning Legion I finally spent some time going back and watching it on Hulu.

This show rules.

Hell yeah

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Doggles posted:

The subtle callback I like to point to is the dialogue between Black Panther and Hawkeye.

They meet for the second time during the final battle in Endgame, with Hawkeye looking to hand off the gauntlet.

Also stuff like Okoye calling Natalie "Nat" after the timeskip when they were antagonistic before.

Natalie Gold, who does first time reactions to movies and TV she hasn't seen, just uploaded the first Moon Knight episode on her Patreon so I'm rewatching the series with hindsight.

1. Not only is there the box of Taweret plushies in the first episode, her boat and the pyramid are the decorations in Gus's fish tank.

2. Reflecting that Layla was originally supposed to become Isis's avatar before they kept Taweret, there's a prominently placed gold Isis statue with the wings spread in the storage room when Steven is talking about who's supposed to be on the Ennead poster (who are all the gods who appear at the actual Ennead meeting later).

3. The postcards by the museum entrance appear to be very similar to the ones from "mum" that Steven is hanging up. I think along with setting him up with the date, Marc was just taking whatever postcards he could while pretending to be Steven so he could keep up the fake mother.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also, I cannot stop gushing over how good of an actor Oscar Isaac is. I just rewatched The Last Jedi yesterday, watched Drive last week, and some stuff from Ex Machina and somehow all 7 characters (if you include Khonshu taking over his body to speak at the Ennead) seem like utterly different people. He even changes the tiniest details of how he moves his face when he's speaking or expressing emotion. If you put all of his characters at a table together in the same clothes and had them talk, you could tell who was who. The guy astounds me.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry, you pay to watch reaction videos?

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

chitoryu12 posted:

Also, I cannot stop gushing over how good of an actor Oscar Isaac is. I just rewatched The Last Jedi yesterday, watched Drive last week, and some stuff from Ex Machina and somehow all 7 characters (if you include Khonshu taking over his body to speak at the Ennead) seem like utterly different people. He even changes the tiniest details of how he moves his face when he's speaking or expressing emotion. If you put all of his characters at a table together in the same clothes and had them talk, you could tell who was who. The guy astounds me.

You should watch show me a hero on HBO.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oscar Isaac is great, yes. Just uh… ignore Apocalypse.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oscar Isaac is great, yes. Just uh… ignore Apocalypse.

It’s been a while since I’ve seen it but couldn’t you say he was still great in that?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Doggles posted:

For me it's Scott Lang telling Wasp about how he had to go help in Civil War because Cap asked him too. And she's all "Cap?" in the most sneering tone, and Scott's all "...that's what we call him". Then in Endgame when Steve asks how much time they need, and Wasp is all "we're on it, Cap" because nobody can resist the fact that it's Captain Goddamn America and you follow that man into hell if he asks. The little "hell yeah, now you get it" look Scott gives her.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009

Anita Dickinme posted:

It’s been a while since I’ve seen it but couldn’t you say he was still great in that?

He was still learning.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Not once did he say he was the rocks of the eternal shore.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Parkingtigers posted:

For me it's Scott Lang telling Wasp about how he had to go help in Civil War because Cap asked him too. And she's all "Cap?" in the most sneering tone, and Scott's all "...that's what we call him". Then in Endgame when Steve asks how much time they need, and Wasp is all "we're on it, Cap" because nobody can resist the fact that it's Captain Goddamn America and you follow that man into hell if he asks. The little "hell yeah, now you get it" look Scott gives her.

For me it's Jimmy Woo greeting Monica with the card trick he spent all of the Ant-Man/Wasp trying to learn from Scott :3:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxqTgfYEsVU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also, not the first time Oscar Isaac was being judged by F. Murray Abraham:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytN-yao3Ioo

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Rarity posted:

For me it's Jimmy Woo greeting Monica with the card trick he spent all of the Ant-Man/Wasp trying to learn from Scott :3:
Which itself was a setup for when Jimmy escaped from handcuffs a few episodes later, also because he had been practicing stage magic.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
This is a bit of a stretch but I liked how excited Christine's husband got when he saw the giant octopus creature crawling up the building. I always wonder what it's like for regular people in the MCU and that was a nice hint.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Feige said some stuff about Ms. Marvel.

- It will be the only Disney+ series rated TV-PG.
- They changed her origin story and powers because they didn't want to deal with introducing Inhumans into the continuity right now.
- They also changed her powers to make her more in line with Captain Marvel and make it a plot point in The Marvels. So, no stretchy powers at all.
- Her ability to use her powers is tied to her origin. It seems like her origin will be either explored in the show or left as a hook for the movie.
- Red Dagger will be a major costar in the TV series, but no plans/info for him to get much play in the broader MCU.
- There will be at least one MCU cameo that is plot relevant to the show (seems like an obvious Brie Larson cameo).
- 6 Episodes like all the other shows.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Robot Hobo posted:

After seeing it, I don't think it was an accident that the new Doctor Strange movie was basically called "Doctor Strange and the Mom", and that it was released on Mother's Day weekend.

Okay, but it’s actually Doctor Strange IN the Mom.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Mameluke posted:

Sorry, you pay to watch reaction videos?

The money you paid for an account here went to a much worse person than my Patreon money.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, what's wrong with Goldbelly?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The writer of Moon Knight has confirmed that originally there were plans to reference the events of Thor: Love and Thunder (specifically Gorr the God Butcher), but because of release date uncertainties around both projects they ended up cutting that out of the final script.

https://www.ign.com/articles/moon-knight-thor-love-and-thunder-reference-marvel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god
Isaac's accent work was absolutely spot on. I can tell you as a London person that he sounds exactly like a number of North-East guys I've known. To get it so right and not default to all encompassing mockney is quite an achievement.

I was initially "oh no" at the trailer, but bloody hell, he really nailed this