Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It's nacho place to say, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

"Hot" soda isn't a new concept. I'n the 90's Wegmans had "hot" Ginger Ale and Cola. We used to make our own hot pops by putting a fireball (the candy, not the alcohol) in it and letting it dissolve.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

What came first, Ranch or Cool Ranch?

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

axolotl farmer posted:

not sure but I did find out that doritos has a tagline that I guess they never ever use because i've never ever heard it:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Do they still call it "Cooler Ranch" and "Nacho Cheesier" etc? I recall they introduced those "2nd-generation" flavors early in the XTREEEME 90s and they just stuck with those names for years and years and years until they'd been using them way longer than they'd ever used "Cool Ranch" and "Nacho Cheese".

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I miss the 3d Doritos they used to do during the extreme days. Felt like more flavor per chip.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Nice Rorschach test of answers to that one.
I see a deep fried baseball cap. Presumably belonging to someone who lost a bet.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Data Graham posted:

Do they still call it "Cooler Ranch" and "Nacho Cheesier" etc? I recall they introduced those "2nd-generation" flavors early in the XTREEEME 90s and they just stuck with those names for years and years and years until they'd been using them way longer than they'd ever used "Cool Ranch" and "Nacho Cheese".

The "Cooler" and "Nacho" parts aren't really part of "XTREEEME" labeling, it's a psychological thing where people will unconsciously select for things with additional adjectives.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

axolotl farmer posted:

Easy.Ranch was blah originally but then cool ranch made ranch cooler.

The joke was better in my head

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Iron Crowned posted:

The "Cooler" and "Nacho" parts aren't really part of "XTREEEME" labeling, it's a psychological thing where people will unconsciously select for things with additional adjectives.

Well yeah, but I meant "Cooler" as opposed to "Cool", and "Cheesier" as opposed to "Cheese".

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I'm unfunny and looked it up at the USPTO because I was curious if "Cool Ranch" could even be trademarked since it feels pretty generic, but evidently it can be, and has been by Frito-Lay since 1986.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

New X-Treem Saltier original!!

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009

Paladinus posted:

An entire elephant-stuffed snake?

I'd still eat it if I was stuck crash landed in the desert.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

ReidRansom posted:

I'm unfunny and looked it up at the USPTO because I was curious if "Cool Ranch" could even be trademarked since it feels pretty generic, but evidently it can be, and has been by Frito-Lay since 1986.

Do you enjoy cool ranch? Because I'm Frito-Lay.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Cool Ranch is the elemental opposite of Spicy Nacho. Combining them together results in a taste explosion of unmeasurable magnitude.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

zedprime posted:

Cool Ranch is the elemental opposite of Spicy Nacho. Combining them together results in a taste explosion of unmeasurable magnitude.

Is it similar to washing down pop rocks with soda?

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I thought "Taco Flavor" was the original Dorito flavor. They still exist and the bag always looked old-school as hell to me.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

SLOSifl posted:

I thought "Taco Flavor" was the original Dorito flavor. They still exist and the bag always looked old-school as hell to me.

That would've been my guess too.

I don't know why seeing plain salt doritos always looks so weird to me, it's not like there aren't a billion other brands of pain tortilla chips.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Iron Crowned posted:

That explains these. They're great by the way.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Isn't that just all-dressed?

:canada:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

SLOSifl posted:

They’re a different flavor than regular nacho cheese.

I like em.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ReidRansom posted:

I don't think any company markets with that term in America

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

The Bloop posted:

I don't think any company markets with that term in America

Ruffles does for the 6 months of the year they sell them down here.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Shitstorm Trooper posted:

That explains these. They're great by the way.

Every bag of Rap Snacks I encounter is delicious.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

TV Zombie posted:

Easy.Ranch was blah originally but then cool ranch made ranch cooler.

The joke was better in my head

SUBHUMAN

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

They’re a different flavor than regular nacho cheese.

I like em.
Yeah I get them sometimes too. They remind me of this little chip factory that was next to some random recording studio I worked for in the 90s. We would get free chips all the time and I loved them.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Data Graham posted:

The podcast Underunderstood did a whole deep dive on Cooler Ranch Doritos https://underunderstood.com/podcast/episode/cool-cooler-ranch-doritos/

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
When I was 4 there was a potato chip factory that did wholesale and you could get I assume like a small cardboard drum/cylinder of fresh chips and reuse the cylinder. I say assume, because I think I have some crossed wires on my childhood memories because my dad also brought home empty plastic and cardboard 55 gallon drums from work so my memory has mutated into buying 55 gallon drums of potato chips. Which I'm pretty sure is insane or insanely delicious.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Ultimate Nachosiest Cheesenastyum Doritos

The GOP Delusion
Sep 10, 2010

The security of Israel is a moral imperative for all free peoples.

ReidRansom posted:

All-dressed is specifically the 4 OG Canadian flavours combined: ketchup, barbecue, sour cream and onion, and salt and vinegar.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

The GOP Delusion posted:

All-dressed is specifically the 4 OG Canadian flavours combined: ketchup, barbecue, sour cream and onion, and salt and vinegar.

Are the chips just mixed together in an assortment or is the flavor on each chip a combo of all the above listed flavors?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

The podcast Underunderstood did a whole deep dive on Cooler Ranch Doritos https://underunderstood.com/podcast/episode/cool-cooler-ranch-doritos/

quote:

Announcer: Welcome to Frito lay consumer relations. This call may be monitored or recorded.

John: The very nice man that I spoke to was coincidentally named Chip.

Regina: Do you think everyone who works there is named Chip?

Lmao no way

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

hallo spacedog posted:

Are the chips just mixed together in an assortment or is the flavor on each chip a combo of all the above listed flavors?

The latter. It's kinda weird. I don't like salt & vinegar chips so they're not my favorite, but they're alright.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I think Wise does All-dressed year round, or at least my Publix has a warehouse full because I always see them. Not as good as the Lays version though.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I never really liked the All Dressed ones in the couple times I've tried them since they started occasionally coming to the states. I don't really dislike them, but they just don't do anything much for me.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lol some agent smith poo poo here

quote:

John: There are some really intense stats in this article, it says the Doritos line accounts for 80% of all flavored tortilla chips sales, and 10% of the entire salty snack category. That adds up to 950 million bags of Doritos sold in a year. So if Doritos are so popular, why redesign? “Easy” says Frito-Lay spokesman Lynn Markley. “This is America’s favorite snack and Frito-Lay is focused on accelerated business,” Mark Lee said, Doritos brings in $1.3 billion a year, so it makes sense to increase sales in that brand.

Adrianne: What? No, it doesn’t.

John: It doesn’t. No, it doesn’t make sense to me.

Regina: What?

Fuckin :capitalism:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RandolphCarter posted:

I think Wise does All-dressed year round, or at least my Publix has a warehouse full because I always see them. Not as good as the Lays version though.

Wow I think of Publix as florida and Wise as New England trash chips

I didn't realize they intersected

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

'Hot and Sour Patch Kids Soup'

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Whoa nelly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

That feeling in your guts is your pancreas shutting down.