Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Sounds extremely endemic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

El Mero Mero posted:

I got a positive PCR test a month ago and isolated from my SO. She just got sick last week (maybe from me? Who knows.) and I figured I could take care of her without isolating. Now I'm sick (again).

lol, the second and third time i was sick my wife and i went through a ridiculous cycle of reinfecting each other

she recovered much more quickly than me (except the first time, oddly) but then kept getting symptomatic after a week or two, by which time i'd recovered a bit. then i'd get sick, again.

poo poo seriously loving sucks

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
herd immunity ftw

Apr 7, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

lol, the second and third time i was sick my wife and i went through a ridiculous cycle of reinfecting each other

this seems very sustainable lmao

Flaming June
Oct 21, 2004

haveblue posted:

I get locked down
Then I go out again
The rates are never going down

spankmeister posted:

you drink an alpha drink
you drink a delta drink
you drink some omicron
you drink some BA.1
you get vaccine to protect you from the wild type, you take some more to protect you from the variants

don't cry for me Tony Fauciiiii

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

oh for sure. it will probably lead to some horrific complication way down the line too, good thing we're all so great at planning for the long haul

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

actually, you’ll find that doing anything to stop covid is the unsustainable option

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
if covid was a bioweapon, it'd be a p drat near perfect one. just serious enough that you can't ignore it, not serious enough that everyone is willing to do what it takes to eliminate it.

Apr 7, 2003

Not really, it doesn't incapacitate people quickly, thoroughly, or consistently enough

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
then again, covid is obviously lab-made because it's absolutely perfect for <insert conspiracy theory of your choice here>

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Not really, it doesn't incapacitate people quickly, thoroughly, or consistently enough

not physically, but mentally, ideologically and above all politically it's a humdinger

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

my work had a big return-to-office sitewide event last week and now we're getting covid exposure emails trickling in every couple hours lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my technician tested pos this morning and I just spent the past two days working beside her

:cheers:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Gnossiennes posted:

my work had a big return-to-office sitewide event last week and now we're getting covid exposure emails trickling in every couple hours lol

we got that poo poo late 2020 when the previous president made fedgov open again. there were a whole bunch of autofellatio emails talking about how great we were all doing interleaved with 3 or 4 death notices every week. real cognitive dissonance poo poo. one of my friends died at his desk a few weeks ago and his funeral is thursday. poo poo sucks.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
oh my god

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Midjack posted:

we got that poo poo late 2020 when the previous president made fedgov open again. there were a whole bunch of autofellatio emails talking about how great we were all doing interleaved with 3 or 4 death notices every week. real cognitive dissonance poo poo. one of my friends died at his desk a few weeks ago and his funeral is thursday. poo poo sucks.

Jesus Christ

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

what the gently caress that sucks

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

what the gently caress that sucks

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Midjack posted:

gently caress sakes

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

guys seriously covid is no joke a legit bad disease and it's not at all certain your case will be mild

please be safe :unsmith:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Midjack posted:

sorry about your friend, friend

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i hope i dont die at work

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

fart simpson posted:

if you love what you do you'll always die doing something you love

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Midjack posted:

i'm so sorry, that whole situation absolutely sucks poo poo.
i'm sorry for your loss of your friend. 🙁 take care of yourself.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

fart simpson posted:

big same

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

rotor posted:

if you love what you do you'll always die doing something you love

lol

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
when I worked for Telstra (about 40k employees at the time) I found the wiki page with the process to follow if you found one of your reports slumped over dead at their desk. good to have documented repeatable processes.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

when I worked for Telstra (about 40k employees at the time) I found the wiki page with the process to follow if you found one of your reports slumped over dead at their desk. good to have documented repeatable processes.

my old boss had a brain aneurysm and collapsed in the office and our department head scheduled a meeting to let everyone know what happened etc. but then a customer showed up to the office and the department head figured that was more important and didnt show up to the meeting and let rumors that he might be dead just spread around instead, and never spoke of any of that directly again. lol.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

fart simpson posted:

my old boss had a brain aneurysm and collapsed in the office and our department head scheduled a meeting to let everyone know what happened etc. but then a customer showed up to the office and the department head figured that was more important and didnt show up to the meeting and let rumors that he might be dead just spread around instead, and never spoke of any of that directly again. lol.

lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

fart simpson posted:

lmao

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Midjack posted:

When they did that in 2020 no poo poo 1/3rd of my small fedgov office (3/10 people) died. One of the ones that died also had like 4-people in her immediate family die at the same time. It was insane.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

weekend at bernie’s 3 plot just dropped

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

El Mero Mero posted:

When they did that in 2020 no poo poo 1/3rd of my small fedgov office (3/10 people) died. One of the ones that died also had like 4-people in her immediate family die at the same time. It was insane.

it’s pretty funny how a million people died and we are expected to just ignore it

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Stereotype posted:

it’s pretty funny how a million people died and we are expected to just ignore it

i don't think it's that funny but that's just me. my sense of humor is pretty unorthodox

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

yeah, the whole deal is pretty messed up. i've seen some bad medical luck with family and friends over the last month and kind of on tilt with all of it. thanks for being my posting home, yospos. :cheerdoge:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

that sucks dude, i'm sorry

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Endless Mike posted:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

fart simpson posted:

i loving love business

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:cheerdoge: