Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Welcome to the LXIX International Alternative Science and Non-Traditional Engineering Fair! Our annual meeting, held uninterruptedly since 1953, provides a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for young scientific talent to show their best work alongside some of the most respected names in all fields of science and engineering.

We believe in allowing our participants to express themselves freely and openly; our position is that the scientific community must work together to uproot such deep prejudices as "crazy scientist" and "gravedigger" that should have no place in a XXI century world. To this end, we have put the utmost effort in ensuring everyone gets a free, safe space to showcase their state-of-the-art research and mechanical masterpieces. Our mold-breaking approach also means that unprompted, live demonstrations of cutting-edge technology are not only expected but encouraged!

All outside visitors are welcome! Please remember to keep basic security measures in mind - don't touch, don't move, and don't feed. We hope you enjoy your visit!

Signed,

The Scientific Committee

---------

Welcome! This is a game of mafia. Maerlyn and I will be modding, with Grandicap being our co-mod and general sanity-checker!

Game is for 13 players. While not full on role-madness, we've tried our best to give everyone something to do. Mind you, this doesn't mean you cannot end up being vanilla or vanilla adjacent! Balance has been checked and we've done our best to ensure a fun game for everyone, which doesn't mean things cannot go off the rails at some point. I personally assume full responsability should that happen.

--------

Rules

General mafia rules apply. If you are playing, do NOT discuss the game outside the thread or authorized OOT channels!

Please, do not lurk. The lurker threshold will be 10 posts per game day, with the requisite being halved for hammers that happen at 12h to deadline or earlier, and eliminated if 24h to deadline or earlier. We're not going to be draconian with posting requisites, either - if something is keeping you from posting and we can accomodate it, just tell us. First time is a warning, second one is a modkill.

Do not edit your posts. If there is a big reason you need to do so, tell us first.

Do not directly quote private communications. Copying and pasting any kind of OOT comms into thread is not allowed. Neither is copying and pasting any kind of mod communication, including your PM, either in thread or in any possible OOT communication channels. This rule will be enforced, and infringing it will result in a modkill.

Do not fake day actions. If you have been affected by a day action, please wait for it to resolve before posting.

Don't be an rear end to people. You don't have to be all nice and friendly all the time, but if things get too heated, please disconnect, calm down and come back later. Again, mod team is here to ensure everyone has fun, but I'd particularly not like needing to tell posters to chill. Be mindful of the person at the other side of the screen!

Game features no alignment changes.

We will use Discord. Link is here, please join.

--------

Mechanics:

This game works on majority, with hammers happening upon a player reaching half+1 of the votes. Should majority not be reached, no execution will happen.

We use a sliding deadline. Nights will be 24h long from hammer and days will begin inmediately after nights end, with the deadline being 48/72h based on the previous day hammer. Early hammers will cause the next day deadline to move accordingly!

We're open to setting up a starting D1 deadline that works for everyone, so if you are not on the US, and we don't know you, please note your timezone on sign-up! We cannot guarantee it will 100% accomodate everyone, depending on where you are you may get some odd hour like 10 am or 6 pm, but we'd like to avoid anyone starting with a middle of the night deadline.

Days are at a maximum 48h long, going up to 72h if they span a weekend. Days end at hammer and threads will be closed at night. You can post during twilight (after hammer and before thread closes) but no game-related talk is allowed in that time, and those posts will not count towards day postcount.

Town wins when all threats to town are eliminated. Scum wins when they hold control over the vote. Everyone else wins according to their particular win conditions!

---------

Player list:

1. b-minus1
  2. hambeet (he/him)
  3. Nep-Nep (She/Her)
  4. ObamaAkbar. (He/him)
  5. Opopanax (He/him/opop)
  6. PlasticAutomaton (He/Him/Whatever)
  7. Rhymes With Clue
  8. Sandwolf (He/Him)
  9. shwinnebego (he/him)
  10. SporkChan
  11. Toalpaz (She/Her & They/Them)
  12. tpink (he/him)
  13. Yami Fenrir

Graveyard:

Nobody died D1.
PlasticAutomaton, Town-aligned Researcher, left the fair N1.
Shwinnebego, Town-aligned Medium, left the fair D2.
Hambeet, Town-aligned Inventor, left the fair N2.
Toalpaz, Scum-aligned Inventor, left the fair D3.
Opopanax, Town-Aligned Tourist, died N3 and Spork, Town-Aligned Thief, left the fair N3.

CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL LIST OF FLIPS.

Shellception fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
DO EET.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

This setup is kid tested and Grandi-cap approved.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Eh gently caress it I got 2 months until my next dissertation deadline

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Grandicap posted:

This setup is kid tested and Grandi-cap approved.

You're testing on kids?!

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Yami Fenrir posted:

You're testing on kids?!

It is a science fair. We needed to be sure everything was kid-appropiate!

We only used three batches, too. Pretty good if I may say so!

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.
Yeah that was a long enough break, sign me up!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
here and ready to change my alignment just before deadline each day

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Yes plz

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I am Nikola Tesla and I thirst for the blood of Edison.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I am Nikola Tesla and I thirst for the blood of Edison.

As you should!

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.
Justice for Topsy!!

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Shell needs to stop creating games I can't play in!

Seriously this is practically an experiment on its own...it'll either go off without a hitch or it'll blow up in our faces.

Can't wait to see what happens :)

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Maerlyn posted:

Shell needs to stop creating games I can't play in!

Seriously this is practically an experiment on its own...it'll either go off without a hitch or it'll blow up in our faces.

Can't wait to see what happens :)

Well you need to stop having ideas then, this thing here is your fault way more than it is mine :roflolmao:

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Okay, IN, at least I won't have to try to figure out Maerlyn in this game!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I'll play!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

:yeah:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

gently caress that means I gotta finish PMs very soon :sweatdrop:

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Added numbers to make it easier. Just missing three now :).

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Oh hey, SA mafia is still a thing. I’ll play, why not. :)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hmm so Yami's people have reached out to talk to my people and they've all decided that I should play this game after my mini hiatus.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

hambeet posted:

Hmm so Yami's people have reached out to talk to my people and they've all decided that I should play this game after my mini hiatus.

Beet!!! You picked a good game for ending your break :sun:

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

:siren: If you haven't joined the discord yet please do so: https://discord.gg/hpsmXRzpYG

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

So one more and we will be good to go!

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

k

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

We are full!

PMs will roll out shortly. If everyone is on board, we can open up today around 3 pm CST/10 pm CET/6 am AEST. First deadline would be 49h later (14th at 4pm CST/11 pm CET and 15th at 7 am for AEST).

Nep and Plastic, please join the Discord whenever you can!

Shellception fucked around with this message at 19:58 on May 12, 2022

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

The first day of the Science Fair seems to be going smoothly. Researchers and tech workers swarm around the very expensive machines, buzzing worryingly at the workers doing the heavy lifting and installation. Somewhere, a loud electrical sound goes off as someone accidentally sets off a battery that shouldn't have gone off. Somewhere else, someone trips in a wire: a series of clanks ensue as several pieces collapse to the floor, followed by a canon of loud and very creative swearing in various languages.

All in all, a pretty normal start to the fair.

The organization, however, seems to be on edge. Sure, when you have a lot of people, some of them will be more nuts than usual. But this time it's different. Somehow, some of the stuff going on doesn't look like accidents...

It is now Day 1.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (13): b-minus1, hambeet, Nep-Nep, ObamaAkbar., Opopanax, PlasticAutomaton, Rhymes With Clue, Sandwolf, shwinnebego, SporkChan, Toalpaz, tpink, Yami Fenrir

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 14th, 2022 at 4 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 1 hour.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Oh hai

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
First

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hello

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Just sitting in the corner here reading a large book labeled "Science"

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Second

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Are there any researchers in chat?

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Are there any researchers in chat?

sure i'll research anything!

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

##vote binus

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Nep-Nep posted:

Just sitting in the corner here reading a large book labeled "Science"

the cover of my book says SCIENCE RULEZ in crayon

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

shwinnebego posted:

##vote binus

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

shwinnebego posted:

the cover of my book says SCIENCE RULEZ in crayon

Let's just all show our books and vote for whoever has the book titled "Spyence"