Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

its not like i don't like rimworld, i have 261 hours in it. i just haven't been able to get "into" a game all year and every new one i look at seems like boring derivative stuff :shrug:

the only game im "excited" about is the new game from the stardew guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

terra invicta looks really good

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

oh yeah and the vampire: the masquerade sequel but thats a real crapshoot

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

PokeJoe posted:

its not like i don't like rimworld, i have 261 hours in it. i just haven't been able to get "into" a game all year and every new one i look at seems like boring derivative stuff :shrug:

the only game im "excited" about is the new game from the stardew guy

play tunic. its on game pass so no big $$ investment

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

tunic is good

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

PokeJoe posted:

its not like i don't like rimworld, i have 261 hours in it

i had to check my hours in rimworld after that and realised that i have 958 hours in it

oh no

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
i've been mostly playing animal crossing, death stranding and nightmare reaper

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

dioxazine posted:

i had to check my hours in rimworld after that and realised that i have 958 hours in it

oh no

congrats on your imminent 1 year anniversary of your full time job playing rimworld

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

The Fool posted:

congrats on your imminent 1 year anniversary of your full time job playing rimworld

surviving in the rimworld is a lot more fun than.. well, a lot of things

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i played through citizen sleeper via gamepass. p fun little game - about 8 hours.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Shaggar posted:

play tunic. its on game pass so no big $$ investment

hmm ill take a look

dioxazine posted:

surviving in the rimworld is a lot more fun than.. well, a lot of things

its a great game you can squeeze so much fun out of it

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

holy poo poo y'all play a lot of games

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Pile Of Garbage posted:

c elden ring s: yo rykard is fuckin badass!

Pfft the idiot who gets snaked then leaves a snake killer blade nearby?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Pfft the idiot who gets snaked then leaves a snake killer blade nearby?

yeah I tried fighting him without that blade at first and lol. blade made him easy mode

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lysidas posted:

i have been enjoying the hell out of DUSK (and it even runs great on my m1 pro mbp!) but i have hit a boss that has kicked my rear end very consistently, might have to drop the difficulty for this

there were other bosses that took me quite a few tries but on this one i keep dying before even getting close to killing it

It's an excellent game.

PokeJoe posted:

i've played approx 5 minutes of rimworld this year, i couldn't get into it and turned it off. thats the only video game ive played all 2022

I do the same thing all the time. Unless a game really gasps my attention I play for a little while, drop it while I play other things, and come back much later.

It's fun with crpgs because I have to figure out where I am and what I was going for with my character builds.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
I absolutely love Elden Ring but I don’t think I’m going to finish it. I’ve gotten very far now, but it’s been 80+ degrees out every day so far this week and as soon as I’m done working the computer goes off.

Guess I should have trucked through it faster.

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

akadajet posted:

yeah I tried fighting him without that blade at first and lol. blade made him easy mode

i fought him once, then the game pulled the "actually this is a two phase fight with another full health bar". i went and dumped some upgrades into the serpent killer and got him on like second or third try.

i really enjoyed that fight for being not too hard and being cool as hell

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I rushed to beat it a month ago and I've played video games for roughly 4 hours total since. great game, longer than i expected first play through, might NG+ if i get bored this fall or winter

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I absolutely love Elden Ring but I don’t think I’m going to finish it. I’ve gotten very far now, but it’s been 80+ degrees out every day so far this week and as soon as I’m done working the computer goes off.

yes the increasingly good weather is making me want to spend less and less time on the screen

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
dark souls games suck and elden ring sucks

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
it's like 90s game poo poo, I don't know why people play them

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I correctly predicted that it'd be two months before all my friends forgot about elden ring and went back to playing other games lmao

recently they've picked up guilty gear which is cool because at least it's fun to suck at fighting games with your friends

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i passed on elden ring since i'm no good at soulslikes and it does seem like the craze has died down a lot. everyone seems to have gone back to FFXIV or Apex

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
dark souls games are rote memorization and it sucks

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

I have two “main” games. destiny 2 and Dyson sphere program. when I get bored of d2 I’ll start playing dsp until new d2 content drops. I also will play other games if they really catch my attention. I’m playing a few hours of disco elysium a week right now. it’s my third run of it.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

entirely unsurprised that a new entry in a niche series of games known for being intentionally punishing and elitist written by one of the most masturbatory authors in the fantasy genre of the past 50 years had the lasting power of a lovely Battlefield launch

they had to do multiple revisions to the tutorial for elden ring because people would go in with the only knowledge of the series being "dark souls will kill you for no reason and it'll be your fault" and see the entrance to the tutorial and assume it was an instant death pit lmao

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

I correctly predicted that it'd be two months before all my friends forgot about elden ring and went back to playing other games lmao

recently they've picked up guilty gear which is cool because at least it's fun to suck at fighting games with your friends

It doesn't take two months to beat it, it's a single player rpg

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

SmokaDustbowl posted:

dark souls games are rote memorization and it sucks

this is an incorrect opinion

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i've been looking at suzerain for a while and it seemed like a fun game in general, though what i really ought to do is finish iconoclasts and do the two new wildermyth campaigns

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

nexous posted:

this is an incorrect opinion

lol who the gently caress are you

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

SmokaDustbowl posted:

lol who the gently caress are you

someone with better opinions than you, apparently

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

nexous posted:

someone with better opinions than you, apparently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dA7xyeTDXg

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i liked elden ring

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
elden rings was good but too many late game bosses relied on gimmicks

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

elden ring is quite good, the weakest part is the boss fights

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

SmokaDustbowl posted:

dark souls games suck and elden ring sucks

shut up and let people enjoy things

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
notoriously miserable and aggro anime weirdo needs to tell you how to enjoy media

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

KidDynamite posted:

shut up and let people enjoy things

I have been for weeks while every game thread is motherfuckers talking about elden ring

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
is it not time yet that I can talk poo poo about your game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
its fine to not like fromgames but I don't know what it is about them that compels people to say "i don't like this fromgame because *some completely made up poo poo*". it is perfectly okay for them to just not be your sort of thing or to be annoyed about them taking over general game discussion threads and dislike the games themselves by association lol.