Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
... now with 100% more "edge magnetism":

https://scitechdaily.com/on-the-edge-new-magnetic-phenomenon-discovered-with-industrial-potential/amp/

Fuckin' Spintronics Yo!

quote:

This nano-effect, although very small, could actually have wide applications in our daily lives. “In today’s technological race to make every component smaller and more energy efficient, effort is focused towards small magnets with different shapes,” Anahory shared. The new edge magnetism offers the possibility of making long wire magnets only 10 nanometers thick, which could curve into any shape. “It could revolutionize the way we make spintronics devices,” added Anahory, referring to the next-generation nano-electronic devices with reduced power consumption and increased memory and processing capabilities

It's also got this photo of two dudes on a thingy:

And a photo of I don't know what the gently caress this cool rear end looking thing is:

Blown away at all the crazy poo poo we keep discovering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
No thanks.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAHKS0nVlL4

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Great. magnetic piss.
thank dog my cock is non-ferrous, can you imagine the line to use the urinal where erveryone is trying to shake their magnetic piss off of their chromed hogs?
for chrissikes dont tell william gibson.

staberind fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 17, 2022

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

You can use magnets in guns that aren't 560 ton brick shithouses that can only be mounted to battleships OP

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I've always been pretty attracted to magnets OP, but something always pushes me away from learning about them.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

EorayMel posted:

You can use magnets in guns that aren't 560 ton brick shithouses that can only be mounted to battleships OP

:haibrower:

https://i.imgur.com/ihuJy2g.mp4

As demonstrated here, all railguns also have X-ray vision :byoscience:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I don't really get down with religious stuff op

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Beefed Owl posted:

And a photo of I don't know what the gently caress this cool rear end looking thing is:

its obviously a skateboard ramp made out of kraft singles are you loving blind or what.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I think we really have enough magnets at this point

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

I think we really have enough magnets at this point

Open you’re refrigerator. :hmmyes:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
MAGNETS

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

There's an anime called kinnikuman that has an anime hulk hogan as one of the villains and he uses magnets to clothesline peoples faces off I think that's a cool application of magnets

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

my cock is also non ferrous

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
There is no such thing as magnets.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

staberind posted:

Great. magnetic piss.
thank dog my cock is non-ferrous, can you imagine the line to use the urinal where erveryone is trying to shake their magnetic piss off of their chromed hogs?
for chrissikes dont tell william gibson.

the sky was the color of magnetic piss

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
If magnetism is mediated by photons why don't magnets glow? Seems like a bit of an oversight when they invented them, imo.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Wasn't there a perpetual motion machine thread with a poster that had almost zero scientific literacy who was convinced that perpetual motion just might be possible with the use of magnets?

Their optimism for the impossible was amazing.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

EorayMel posted:

There's an anime called kinnikuman that has an anime hulk hogan as one of the villains and he uses magnets to clothesline peoples faces off I think that's a cool application of magnets

When I was randomly googling kinnikuman to see said magnet-hogan, I found out that kinnikuman figures were actually a big part of my childhood

huh posted:

Wasn't there a perpetual motion machine thread with a poster that had almost zero scientific literacy who was convinced that perpetual motion just might be possible with the use of magnets?

Their optimism for the impossible was amazing.

I clearly remember a poster who thought they'd built a perpetual motion machine but they ended up building some weird kinetic battery with spinning plates and a car alternator in their living room.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Shadow0 posted:

If magnetism is mediated by photons why don't magnets glow? Seems like a bit of an oversight when they invented them, imo.

they do, just not in a wavelength our eyes perceive, its like asking why llightbulbs dont taste of much

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
spiking the punch bowl during the reception with iron nanoparticles, then charging the dance floor with a slow electric current. when you're the only guy who doesn't pee himself during the aerosmith slowdown, people think you're a LOT cooler.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Magnets work extremely well, OP. Almost exactly as expected by science, every time! If you read science books about them, you could learn to use them for your own goals.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I once worked in an office sorting papers with some that needed a couple of letters quickly scribbled on them. I glued a strong, thin magnet to the end of a pen, and then sandwiched the fabric of my shirt pocket with two more strong, thin magnets.

The pen magnet would then attach to the outer magnet on my pocket, allowing me to quickly grab it when it was needed, and reattach it once I was done scrawling a couple of letters on the papers. All without fumbling around. Real genius application of magnet technology.

edit: didn't even have to read any science books. Just worked it out myself.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
So, This being gbs, I dont think I need to explain what a prince albert is, but i might need to explain a christina, anyway

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

huh posted:

I once worked in an office sorting papers with some that needed a couple of letters quickly scribbled on them. I glued a strong, thin magnet to the end of a pen, and then sandwiched the fabric of my shirt pocket with two more strong, thin magnets.

The pen magnet would then attach to the outer magnet on my pocket, allowing me to quickly grab it when it was needed, and reattach it once I was done scrawling a couple of letters on the papers. All without fumbling around. Real genius application of magnet technology.

It took me a long time to understand this post and I was greatly underwhelmed once I figured it out.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

huh posted:

didn't even have to read any science books. Just worked it out myself.

I seriously almost passed out just now, you're such a dork.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

huh posted:

Cool use of magnets! I bet it will make some goons jealous and spiteful.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
thanks. It was one of my better inventions.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I once built a perpetual motion machine, but once the piss stopped flowing it barely moved at all. I should have known to use magnetic piss

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

huh posted:

I once worked in an office sorting papers with some that needed a couple of lines of cum quickly scribbled on them. I glued a strong, thin magnet to the end of my penis, and then sandwiched the fabric of my fly with two more strong, thin magnets.

The penis magnet would then attach to the outer magnet on my fly, allowing me to quickly grab it when it was needed, and reattach it once I was done scrawling a couple of lines of cum on the papers. All without fumbling around. Real genius application of magnet technology.

Ftfy.

MaliciousBiz
Mar 28, 2010

I Pay to Poast on Internet
These new magnets are of the devil and should be cast away from our godly nation.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Will this technology make me immortal? I’m not interested if it won’t.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
finally wires that i can sound with

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Will this technology make me immortal? I’m not interested if it won’t.

Yes it will but you will have to spend eternity trapped in a scientific lamp.

Wait a minute...

You rub the lamp... and something shoots out...

It's a penis :wth:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Somebody oughta invent some kinda beef magnet

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

magnets 2: magentic boogaloo

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Water, fire, air and dirt
loving magnets, how do they work?
And I don't wanna talk to a scientist
Y'all motherfuckers lying, and getting me pissed.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
I would like to politely inquire about the functionality of this attraction device.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

putin is a oval office posted:

finally wires that i can sound with

This guy gets it.

I base most new inventions' usefulness on whether I can jam it in my pee hole.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to 3D print various miniature swords for "science."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

huh. this is actually relevant to my work. thanks op