Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

PinkDawn posted:

I swear by the Puppets cards.

Also, I was worried that Tenebrais having beat Gebura in a 1v1 would have taken away Gebura's special shine, so I'm glad to see that isn't happening.

If the rabbits are sent in during the Gebura suppression Myo notes that while Gebura is stronger in her box combat form, she is not nearly as skilled when she was a human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

..Wait, wait. Who the hell is Sweet Pea?

Also creak is notorious for being a nasty page and rolling high in this fight, to the point of there being a battle symbol for losing enough clashes to it in this fight.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Welfare captain who appeared twice in Better Call Paul (Nothing There and Porccubus)

Winterdragon2004
Mar 28, 2021

I'll hear that wonderous sound again, even if it has to be from my own two hands

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Also creak is notorious for being a nasty page and rolling high in this fight, to the point of there being a battle symbol for losing enough clashes to it in this fight.

What? How could you not remember Sweet Pea, the "volunteer" sent to work with Nothing There and had to work with it multiple time because she was to badass ro die back on Better Call Paul episode 11!?

(And no, I certainly didn't spend the last 15 minutes rummaging through every part of the old LP trying to find her)

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Winterdragon2004 posted:

What? How could you not remember Sweet Pea, the "volunteer" sent to work with Nothing There and had to work with it multiple time because she was to badass ro die back on Better Call Paul episode 11!?

(And no, I certainly didn't spend the last 15 minutes rummaging through every part of the old LP trying to find her)

That's not all!

Basically she's.. around, in BCP. :v:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Well that answers how you're gonna fill up the 7-ish slots that we'd have in the gap between "named Agents with speaking roles in the LC LP" and "40 slots for Assistant Librarians".

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Just frightful amounts of Unga Bunga to be found in this reception. I'd use a train metaphor here, but for some reason it does not feel appropriate.

Also, I love how Chesed immediately identifies Roland as a Poor by his taste in coffee. Those are some terrifyingly well developed bougie senses on our boy :v:

It's been repeated ad nauseam, but it's actually insane how this thread just keeps delivering :allears:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So in a Q&A session, the Project Moon people said that they don't really have any plans for English dubs, or really any other voice acting besides Korean.

That being said, who would you cast for... let's keep things simple, Roland, Angela, and the 9 Sephirot?

I feel like Matt Mercer would work well as Chesed. Lackadaisical yet noble is in his wheelhouse.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Steve Blum as Roland.

LPFinale
Dec 8, 2019
Erica Lindbeck as Malkuth. Upbeat and emotionally turbulent are both in her wheelhouse.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
Allegra Clark could do a good Gebura, I think.

Also, man, I forgot Sweet Pea and wow they really are...something. Also, yay, Roland getting vaguely back towards the rest of the gang's level!

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

In the official artbook, they say Roland is supposed to look like a mix of Joseph Gordon Levitt and James McCoy.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Somehow my first thought was Cassandra Lee Morris (Morgana, Sothis, Edea Lee) as Tiphereth…

Chaosbrain
Jun 13, 2013

Mad and loving it.
No one but Ellen McLain for Angela, full stop.

Perhaps Allan Rickman for Hokma, or Yesod.

Tara Strong for Malkuth, and Andrea Libman for Hod.

Chaosbrain fucked around with this message at 19:54 on May 17, 2022

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

TeeQueue posted:

That's not all!

Basically she's.. around, in BCP. :v:

I hope this means that Paul will eventually make his grand return.

I wonder if he and Hod will make new episodes of BCP or not...

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Chaosbrain posted:

No one but Ellen McLain for Angela, full stop.

Perhaps Allan Rickman for Hokma, or Yesod.

Tara Strong for Malkuth, and Andrea Libman for Hod.

I think Jamieson Price might be better for Hokma. Alan Rickman, rest his soul, would be excellent as like. A hypothetical male Binah.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

Junpei posted:

So in a Q&A session, the Project Moon people said that they don't really have any plans for English dubs, or really any other voice acting besides Korean.

That being said, who would you cast for... let's keep things simple, Roland, Angela, and the 9 Sephirot?

I feel like Matt Mercer would work well as Chesed. Lackadaisical yet noble is in his wheelhouse.

Tara Platt for Angela, I'd say.

Though I remember hearing in that Q&A that the main issues are things such as money and setting up a cast call.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

AweStriker posted:

Somehow my first thought was Cassandra Lee Morris (Morgana, Sothis, Edea Lee) as Tiphereth…

Funny.

I thought the exact same thing.

And since the Café trailers have shown that both Tiphereths have the same VA, the same would go here.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Lunatic 0verlord posted:

Tara Platt for Angela, I'd say.

Though I remember hearing in that Q&A that the main issues are things such as money and setting up a cast call.

I can see a Mitsuru Kirijo-type direction working for Angela but Ellen McLain was GLaDOS, you can’t get more on point.

Either of them would work but I think my dark horse pie-in-the-sky candidate for Angela is Susan Bennett.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
The other problem with Counter Evade dice is, well, Lone Fixer. Strength is not Endurance after all. And Counter Dice are exponentially more valuable in a solo build.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

AweStriker posted:

I can see a Mitsuru Kirijo-type direction working for Angela but Ellen McLain was GLaDOS, you can’t get more on point.

Either of them would work but I think my dark horse pie-in-the-sky candidate for Angela is Susan Bennett.

Sorry, forgot about GLaDOS.

Thanks for the reminder.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
I'm not knowledgeable about celebrities and VAs and such, but I have to admit that GLaDOS sans the mechanical inflections would be perfect for Angela.

Anyway, man is it weird to see an Abno fight that isn't -level or higher; it ramped up at Queen of Hatred and didn't let up until now. It's especially surreal to me since this is a late-floor Abno that is also Something Entirely New. Are all the Keter-floor Abnos this simple, or are the Puppet pages just that cracked that they dropped the warning level just before we reached it?

Tatters
Jan 29, 2020

SL the Pyro posted:

Anyway, man is it weird to see an Abno fight that isn't -level or higher; it ramped up at Queen of Hatred and didn't let up until now. It's especially surreal to me since this is a late-floor Abno that is also Something Entirely New. Are all the Keter-floor Abnos this simple, or are the Puppet pages just that cracked that they dropped the warning level just before we reached it?

I feel like Yujin does just as much to reduce the threat level as the puppet pages. Still, very curious to see how TQ is going to handle the upcoming battle, since I remember its gimmick from my own playthrough.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".
Presented without comment.

Because it's worth posting by itself, Chesed Going Thru It:

PinkDawn
Aug 22, 2021

AweStriker posted:

A hypothetical male Binah.

I would have actually suggested Robbie Daymond in that role (Hubert von Vestra, Goro Akechi, are the two roles of his that I know of).

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

MetaMeme posted:

Amazing Art

The day Meta doesn't post something amazing is the day I beat Lobotomy Corporation without mods.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

AweStriker posted:

I think Jamieson Price might be better for Hokma.

Either Jamieson Price, D.C. Douglass, or Keith Silverstein would be my picks for Hokma.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Appendix 23: Puppets

A Puppet, Page 1 posted:

Life in the Nest isn’t anything special, honestly. It’s the same the whole world over. You get pecked by your boss and go through mountains of workload, you find yourself working overtime pretty much everyday… Payday isn’t all that exciting either, when you realize that you barely get any money for yourself after paying for maintenance, credit cards, insurance, living expenses and all that. Most of your income’s gone in a flash. And then, back to work… I have my ways of enjoying the little things in life, though. When I come back home from work, I crack open a cold one and watch the Backstreets through the window as night falls. When I’m lucky, I can see people chasing each other or getting into a tussle. And I think, ‘Oh, I sure hope that person manages to get away…’ I’m just being a hypocrite, of course. We’re all simply watching it for fun, don’t you agree? It’s like a TV show. Viewers aren’t genuinely concerned for the people on the rectangular screen. All they care about is guessing who will win. So many unrealistic and varied situations take place in the streets, it actually feels as if I’m watching television. Don’t call me out for being inhumane. Who knows, maybe someone is watching me work myself to the bones from a high rise, holding a glass of wine in their hand?

A Puppet, Page 2 posted:

Money rules this City. Every denizen of the City is obsessed with money to the point of popularizing the belief that money can be thrown almost any problem. While the earnings of an average Nest resident are significantly higher than those of a person inhabiting the Backstreets, there’s also a notable wage gap among the Nest habitants. One thing to keep in mind is that your position in your job doesn’t always guarantee a high income. No matter how high your rank is in a small enterprise, you might not earn much more than a Fixer in the Section 6 of an Association.

Even if your financial gain is on the higher side, you likely won’t earn enough to waste extravagantly. Meaning, you won’t get to take first class seats on WARP trains all the time or load the table with a sumptuous feast. However, it will be enough money to secure a stable life in the Nest. People who earn 4 million Ahn or more per month can be considered the upper middle class. That’s where the quality of life sees a visible increase. You no longer have to worry about being evicted from the Nest for being unable to pay taxes, and you can even hire Fixers to keep you safe. You can save up in case of emergencies, or send your children to better schools. A life lived in safe haven, free of illness and starvation. Well, that’s the life of an upper middle class they all talk about. What is there to be considered special? We just earn a bit more than others, and live in a bit more comfort than others.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

In other news, Keter's latest Abnormality has won the day.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022
What's Ahn?

Korean currency?

Jakeun Kangajii
Oct 3, 2021

Lunatic 0verlord posted:

What's Ahn?

Korean currency?

Korean currency is spelled Won and I'm pretty sure in the actual Korean they don't use Won either. Might be a derivative though!

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

ShyGuy1231 posted:

The day Meta doesn't post something amazing is the day I beat Lobotomy Corporation without mods.
You say this but I know you have a screenshot of exactly that somewhere stashed away so you can hit me with the "Not Funny, Didn't Laugh" later

TeeQueue posted:

In other news, Keter's latest Abnormality has won the day.
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD OBOE :black101:

Ahn is the fake currency that's based basically 1:1 with Korean Won that PM made up for their games. The rule of thumb I remember is that 1000 won = 1 USD but the exchange rate's collapsed so it's more like 1300 won per 1 USD now...

Wait, $36k USD a year is upper-middle class in the City? What kind of rent-control paradise lets you hire mercenaries off of 3k a month? gently caress those guys they deserved to be puppetized

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

MetaMeme posted:

Wait, $36k USD a year is upper-middle class in the City? What kind of rent-control paradise lets you hire mercenaries off of 3k a month? gently caress those guys they deserved to be puppetized

Guess Jae-heon was right.

Good riddance.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Not per year, per month

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

CHiRAL posted:

Not per year, per month

4 million won is about 3152 USD a month, or around 37.8k a year.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

MetaMeme posted:

4 million won is about 3152 USD a month, or around 37.8k a year.

Well dang. gently caress the nests then :mad:

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

MetaMeme posted:

You say this but I know you have a screenshot of exactly that somewhere stashed away so you can hit me with the "Not Funny, Didn't Laugh" later

Not in a million years.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Gotta admit I did not peg Yesod as the guy who'd use the word "Iaijutsu" in reference to Yujin. I would have pegged one of Anime Squad to be the guys to say that word.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

Junpei posted:

Gotta admit I did not peg Yesod as the guy who'd use the word "Iaijutsu" in reference to Yujin. I would have pegged one of Anime Squad to be the guys to say that word.

Nah, Yesod seems like the kind of guy to learn and use the appropriate term for stuff. The Anime Squad would have called it their "Ultimate/Secret/Special/whatever Technique!". Or would've yelled "Iaijutsu!" while doing it. gotta call your attacks, after all

NullBlack fucked around with this message at 13:15 on May 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

I am not sure if next fight is bug ridden or I just not understand mechanics.

And FYI: do NOT use Pulsation on Yujin. A single mistake (like killing last enemy in Act too early) and you are very dead.