Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah people dont just randomly use that word. but everybody gets mad at me when i say dont use 4chan nazi shibboleths so whatever. extremely sus from the robot chicken man tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

yeah people dont just randomly use that word. but everybody gets mad at me when i say dont use 4chan nazi shibboleths so whatever. extremely sus from the robot chicken man tho

searching... yospos, fyad returning only a handful of results over a decade. let me guess, though..

click to see if you got bullseye

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I think fren is a crypto word from their discords (where it most definitely got popularised by online white supremacists).

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
it is a heckin pupperino floof mlem from Dogspotting/weratedogs/reddit et al, that is where it had its most rapid growth without a doubt

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Paladinus posted:

I think fren is a crypto word from their discords (where it most definitely got popularised by online white supremacists).

crypto bros made something of debatable worth into something definitely lovely.. drat. aigmi? iagmi?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Paladinus posted:

it was backronymed to Far Right Ethno Nationalist, though by the nazi-types themselves or by some incredibly online lefties searching for something else to be mad about..? IDK that bit.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Paladinus posted:

it's from /r/frenworld which was a subreddit where nazis spoke like babies
https://www.timesofisrael.com/after-9-months-reddit-finally-bans-group-spreading-thinly-veiled-anti-semitism/
presumably the same people also are into crypto

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

tbh anyone who talks in heckin' doggo language should be shunned on general principle

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

SubG posted:

carbon capture and release

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Gazpacho posted:

"we're like dollars but chainy!"
totally insaney!

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

DAO deez nutz

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Tao Ka Ching

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.
found a stash of buttcoin related pics on an old drive that i got from a link someone posted a thousand years ago, no idea where they originally came from but some fun stuff in here

Crust First fucked around with this message at 14:29 on May 18, 2022

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Crust First posted:

found a stash of buttcoin related pics on an old drive that i got from a link someone posted a thousand years ago, no idea where they originally came from but some fun stuff in here

......"I knew it was a ponzi scheme, but totally ignored the part where nearly every Ponzi scheme only benefits the schemer."

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Crust First posted:

oh man. i forgot about bitcointalk's reputation system that put flair under your username

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

......"I knew it was a ponzi scheme, but totally ignored the part where nearly every Ponzi scheme only benefits the schemer."

we knew it was a ponzi and were 100% ok with others getting hosed

Bluecobra
Sep 11, 2001

The Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades

How do I write my bitcoin cheques out to ?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

goddamn I forgot just how fast they were speedrunning 100+ years of economic theory

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
They had (have?) a whole "honest ponzi" gambling thing going:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

oh man. i forgot about bitcointalk's reputation system that put flair under your username
very misleading!!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

lol i remember honest ponzi

there was even a bitcoin spigot at some point that just gave you free coins

I wonder how much that's worth lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
yo, you want a quick hit of bitcoin?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

someone on reddit gave me a bit tip for funy computer once but they expire if you dont touch the butt

wonder how much it was worth lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

$0

iirc the tipping thing had to be done off-chain because the amounts were so small you would pay more in fees just to move them. you probably would have spent money to get them out

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

yo, you want a quick hit of bitcoin?

mainlined that poo poo straight into my veins and still waiting on blockchain confirmation

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

how can you forget the SCAMMER tag that lets you know that account is not to be trusted and thankfully there's simply no way to create a new account

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

how can you forget the SCAMMER tag that lets you know that account is not to be trusted and thankfully there's simply no way to create a new account

no need to create a new account, people will keep trusting you if you have the scammer tag. surely nobody would scam twice

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
broken clock, worst person you know, etc

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
buy gold

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

the bitcoin has a cool smug face.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Trillhouse posted:

the bitcoin has a cool smug face.

cryptoland video was an all timer

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Why buy weird internet money when the dinar will be revalued any day now

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

goddamn I forgot just how fast they were speedrunning 100+ years of economic theory

did i mention the shucked coins i got as gag gifts back then? apparently the originals sell for ~$150 now lol

they have the build quality of a tv infomercial commemorative coin, so it's only fitting they have the strange attachment of implied value

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Crust First posted:

wow ok, what the gently caress ever happened to "there is always honor among thieves" huh :colbert:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

that can't be an authentic ben garrison, i don't see sexy muscular daddy trump anywhere :colbert:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i wanted to see if he had a favorite coin he endorsed instead (since that seems like something he'd do) and instead found this, where he seems to have created his own buttcoin

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

credit where it's due, "legal and tender buttcoins" is a pretty decent joke ben

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

Shame Boy posted:

i wanted to see if he had a favorite coin he endorsed instead (since that seems like something he'd do) and instead found this, where he seems to have created his own buttcoin

Once again, Ben drawing while inexpressibly horny.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

legal, tender; two things ben garrison doesn't like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol and lomarf

https://twitter.com/web3isgreat/status/1526940609843453955