Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
you can bet those nonces use cookies as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

never accept a nonce cookie

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
CVE-13-2022: nonce cookie abuse to corrupt child processes

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

dpkg chopra posted:

lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

dpkg chopra posted:

welp

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Carthag Tuek posted:

nobody forgets about dre

still have NEXT_EPISODE_ENDING.m4r as my ringtone.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

is that too long for a thread title cus come on

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

dpkg chopra posted:

I will always remember "bing search privilege escalation tools on GitHub" and drop that in any interview that asks me to describe threat actors.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Shame Boy posted:

is that too long for a thread title cus come on

its only 4 letters :dadjoke:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Speaking of security guess who got voluntold to go to the RSA Conference.

Is that conference any good these days or am I likely just to find a bunch of middle manager's being told they need to buy some security?

I wanted to go to NANOG, but welp.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Hed posted:

still have NEXT_EPISODE_ENDING.m4r as my ringtone.

smoke weed every day

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

dpkg chopra posted:

YOSPOS › secfuck megathread 18.14: CVE-13-2022: nonce cookie abuse to corrupt child processes

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
rsacon is very bad these days

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Plorkyeran posted:

rsacon is very bad these days

Yea I was afraid of that. I imagine I'm going there because my company is a big player in the "middle manager's need to buy security" market. So they are sending a few of our senior engineers there along with I assume one or two of our C-Suite :/ Oh well, guess I can relive my Cisco Sales Engineer days, and maybe sing some drunken karaoke.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Is that conference any good these days or am I likely just to find a bunch of middle manager's being told they need to buy some security?

The joke with Black Hat was they were slowly becoming RSA, which was considered not a good thing.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

The joke with Black Hat was they were slowly becoming RSA, which was considered not a good thing.

i thought black hat was just an excuse to get work to pay for your airfare to defcon these days

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

there's security jobs that balk at paying for defcon? dang

im still not goin this year i guess. but that's not work's fault

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

there's security jobs that balk at paying for defcon? dang

im still not goin this year i guess. but that's not work's fault

vegas not entirely wrongly still sets off the corporate boondoggle detector.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Flight prices are all hosed up rn. I just booked my flight for an offsite event on Monday and it was 655 dollars for what should be like, 200

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost

flakeloaf posted:

i heard it was no sweat
I appreciated this

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Methanar posted:

Flight prices are all hosed up rn. I just booked my flight for an offsite event on Monday and it was 655 dollars for what should be like, 200

maybe you should book a flight for an onsite event instead

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

dpkg chopra posted:

:holymoley:

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

if you can manage to goatse the tweet wall again itll be worth it

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

if you can manage to goatse the tweet wall again itll be worth it

Maybe I can use the analog hole to paste the goatman up there.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Has there ever been a conference that wasn't an excuse to get pissed up and talk poo poo

Remembering years ago at ausnog when a guy from some ISP was brutally heckled at a talk about IPv6

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

nanog is great because it's a bunch of old bgp janitor greybeards getting sauced and grumbling about call of duty patches causing their edge routers to explode. nobody gives a poo poo about the talks because none of it is really that relevant when everyone's day to day is somewhere between "my akamai peering saturated all my links because activision doesn't care about compression" and "china telecom accidentally hijacked a hojillion prefixes and half the internet is offline"

good luck getting your new proposal for enhanced authenticated autonomous system prefix announcement security working when there's still people running cisco 7200s

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
doesn't sound great to me

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Maybe I can use the analog hole to paste the goatman up there.

:doit:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

abigserve posted:

Has there ever been a conference that wasn't an excuse to get pissed up and talk poo poo

this question doesn't make sense, no there has not been a conference that wasn't a conference

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Wait, nonce is slang for pedo? I thought it was like "dumbass"

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

dumbass

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its both

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Kazinsal posted:

nanog is great because it's a bunch of old bgp janitor greybeards getting sauced and grumbling about call of duty patches causing their edge routers to explode. nobody gives a poo poo about the talks because none of it is really that relevant when everyone's day to day is somewhere between "my akamai peering saturated all my links because activision doesn't care about compression" and "china telecom accidentally hijacked a hojillion prefixes and half the internet is offline"

good luck getting your new proposal for enhanced authenticated autonomous system prefix announcement security working when there's still people running cisco 7200s

BGP is actually a poor example in this case because things like BGP Flow-spec can actually be used by people running their ancient mainframe internet access through an EoL Cisco box, they can also implement a number of BCP's such as BGP TTL Security, or anti-spoofing measures. All of those are relatively recent improvements that were designed to be compatible with BGP Speakers that are running on ancient hardware.

Anyway, NANOG is cool.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

BGP is actually a poor example in this case because things like BGP Flow-spec can actually be used by people running their ancient mainframe internet access through an EoL Cisco box, they can also implement a number of BCP's such as BGP TTL Security, or anti-spoofing measures. All of those are relatively recent improvements that were designed to be compatible with BGP Speakers that are running on ancient hardware.

Anyway, NANOG is cool.

the bgp speakers of the 3rd tier NANOG

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

:,mods:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

an ancient company selling paper supplies that was an early adopter of the internet and has an entire class B of the public ipv4.

the network operators trying to justify to iana that they need all that space, but are secretly using it for their own purposes

the c-suite executives trying to find a way to sell off the class B but get thwarted by the network operators

the independent tech journalists trying to find out the real truth behind everything

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
xerox was indisputably a tech major during that time. but all go to one place: all are from the dust, and all return to dust.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
The c-suite executives don't know they have a class-b space, and don't know the value of it even if they did.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

xerox was indisputably a tech major during that time. but all go to one place: all are from the dust, and all return to dust.

13.13.0.0/16 US Norwalk, Connecticut Xerox Corporation
13.13.0.0/17 US Norwalk, Connecticut Xerox Corporation
13.13.128.0/17 US Norwalk, Connecticut Xerox Corporation
13.14.0.0/16 US Norwalk, Connecticut Xerox Corporation
13.14.0.0/17 US Norwalk, Connecticut Xerox Corporation
13.15.0.0/16 US Norwalk, Connecticut Xerox Corporation
13.15.0.0/17 US Norwalk, Connecticut Xerox Corporation
13.15.128.0/17 US Norwalk, Connecticut Xerox Corporation

Yea, checks out.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

bob dobbs is dead posted:

parc still exists though it's been a while since they had a blockbuster project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
I worked at a place that had 8 class Bs and several class Cs of public addressing and no, they weren't an ISP. That job slapped