Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
JOE VS JOHNNY 1 0.80%
HANGMAN VS TAKESHITA 98 78.40%
WORKHORSEMEN VS SWERVE AND KEITH 1 0.80%
KYLE VS REY 18 14.40%
MAKI VS BRITT 6 4.80%
JEFF VS ADAM 1 0.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

As does Bobo from the Opie and Anthony show.

i just had the sound of patrice o'neal dying laughing at the up / down game pop into my head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

smarxist posted:

i just had the sound of patrice o'neal dying laughing at the up / down game pop into my head

Holy poo poo I forgot about that lmao RIP Patrice

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

It's got me on my knees in a bathroom praying to a god I don't even believe in!

Such a good loving song, I think my favorite Against Me! song. Was happy beyond belief to finally see them play it live at Fest 10.

Fest 10 was probably my favorite Fest. If I recall the lineup at the Florida Theater on Saturday was Cobra Skulls, Dillinger Four, Bouncing Souls, Hot Water Music, then Against Me! Just a crazy lineup one after the other.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

But also I feel like if you have a popular radio show and make a lot of money you shouldn't exploit a mentally handicapped man who has an unhealthy parasocial obsession with your show. I also feel like you shouldn't go on a racist career-ending tirade on twitter.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
yeah it was a hosed up era

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

smarxist posted:

yeah it was a hosed up era

It was really funny when I didn't think about what was actually going on, not gonna lie

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

We need to talk about the O&A to AEW pipeline

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Taz is a pest. I hear so much radio shtick in his commentary

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Murder Bryan

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

The cum belt is still intact, they destroyed the one without cum on it. This is apparently a big deal to Scorpio

"I came on your belt Scorpio, it's mine now."

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

now i want hook and maki itoh to start dating

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

aew union when

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Kennel posted:

Some podcast silliness (19:58):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P00m-jWkruw&t=1198s

(it ends up being an old joke, but I like how awkwardly this goes)

mox is so adorable

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sir Tonk posted:

aew union when

Cody was all set to sign a contract extension, then heard there might be a union coming:

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

The revolution is televised *air guitars*

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

delete this

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

DLC Inc posted:

if Sasha is the gateway to stealing Bayley someday then I'd give her all the dollars

https://twitter.com/itsBayleyWWE/status/1528113169952133121?s=20&t=DfNpwju04YL_pbKlY-zXjQ

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

graph posted:

delete this

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God if Bayley was in AEW it would mean there is NOTHING left in WWE for me, and I'd be more than happy with that situation.

Well, Asuka maybe though I doubt she'd leave..... :sigh:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Weighing in on the TNT title stuff: The correct choice would've been cutting their losses at the ladder match, and pivoting to a MOTY breakup/possible SCU reunion with Scorpio feuding with Ethan Page. And Sammy and Tay go off and do LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE. gently caress it, have them feud with John Silver and Anna Jay if you really want to keep the PVZ intergender match on the backburner.

But given what they did do, keep Scorpio heel and this.... whatever the gently caress with Kazarian, Tony just needs to quit while he's ahead and get the TNT title away from Sky and Sammy right now. Put it on Wardlow or Takeshita and just have them wrestle midcard heels every week or so.

It's also bizarre that it's still being pushed on TV given the TNT title nor the tag match is on the PPV. As much as I'm the one to harp on about people getting consistent TV time, I promise you, no-one would be mad if MOTY, Sammy, Tay and Kaz were off TV for 2 weeks, Tony. Just give it a rest until after the PPV.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Gaz-L posted:

As much as I'm the one to harp on about people getting consistent TV time, I promise you, no-one would be mad if MOTY, Sammy, Tay and Kaz were off TV for 2 weeks, Tony. Just give it a rest until after the PPV.

I think I represent all the Lambertmaniacs when I say we wouldnt like it but also we are cool and chill and dont ever get mad

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I think I represent all the Lambertmaniacs when I say we wouldnt like it but also we are cool and chill and dont ever get mad

I didn't say anything about Dan not being on TV! :v: He can do pretape promos about how Scorpio Sky is in camp for his next title defence.

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006

smarxist posted:

god i hate that "the cum belt" is canon

TNT. The Nut Title.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/The_MJF/status/1528209360224149504?s=20&t=nXl5aVY37U8f_QSwHrVhhQ

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Soooo... odds that the finish involves Spears clocking Max with the chair on accident?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Put the TNT belt on Takeshita and have the Takeshita open challenge.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Gaz-L posted:

Soooo... odds that the finish involves Spears clocking Max with the chair on accident?

The Bret/HBK/Taker finish

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lid posted:

Put the TNT belt on Takeshita and have the Takeshita open challenge.

In a dark room, Yoshihiko has their hands steepled together in anticipation of their big moment.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

I'm betting on Spears running the gently caress away, escaping the cage and losing.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Weighing in on the TNT title stuff: The correct choice would've been cutting their losses at the ladder match, and pivoting to a MOTY breakup/possible SCU reunion with Scorpio feuding with Ethan Page. And Sammy and Tay go off and do LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE. gently caress it, have them feud with John Silver and Anna Jay if you really want to keep the PVZ intergender match on the backburner.

But given what they did do, keep Scorpio heel and this.... whatever the gently caress with Kazarian, Tony just needs to quit while he's ahead and get the TNT title away from Sky and Sammy right now. Put it on Wardlow or Takeshita and just have them wrestle midcard heels every week or so.

It's also bizarre that it's still being pushed on TV given the TNT title nor the tag match is on the PPV. As much as I'm the one to harp on about people getting consistent TV time, I promise you, no-one would be mad if MOTY, Sammy, Tay and Kaz were off TV for 2 weeks, Tony. Just give it a rest until after the PPV.

Yeah it's just so baffling after successfully steering into the skid with the double turn and Scorp victory that the immediate next move would be to restart the exact same skid from scratch. I don't get what the point of any of it is

I do remember a few weeks back posting about my pet theory that the Lio weirdness got precipitated by Lio's face reactions forcing them to scrap his creative, and being told it couldn't be that, since AEW has no problems improvising booking in response to unforeseen reactions as proven by Scorpio/Sammy lol. Turns out it's not always that simple

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Gaz-L posted:

100% even before that tweet. MJF gets knocked out and a backup ref (Aubrey probably) comes in to count the finish.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Man, vanilla midget and average guy Wardlow in WWE doesn't sound interesting at all. Too bad that's what we're gonna be stuck with forever.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'd even be okay with Sky's double turn reversal if it didn't involve Sammy immediately. If we're insisting on the intergender match but won't fit it in DoN, then let Sky have one more scumbag defense first before Kaz starts chaperoning Sammy and Tay. (also there should be at least one promo where Kaz is standing between them just so they don't make out during the promo and hten he still has to like slap their hands away as they try to hold hands behind him)

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CdzGJhTplQM/

I love Daddy Magic so much. This is a good promo. :allears:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Cavauro posted:

Shore Leave is a very good name for a program (pronounced pro grem)

Pro what?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The TNT title scene fell to poo poo the moment Scorpio started getting involved with it. Coincidence? I think not #AskQuestions :thunkher:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Grem posted:

Pro what?

this. tihs car is named grem i guess. sorry

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

mouthful mode

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Waffleopolis posted:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CdzGJhTplQM/

I love Daddy Magic so much. This is a good promo. :allears:

I know right? Im kinda jealous Stab hangs out with him and wish he was my RL friend too. Want to hear him read books aloud. Imagine him reading War and Peace. Man that would be a fun hour and a half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

smarxist posted:

god i hate that "the cum belt" is canon

I mean, it's not.

What's canon is that Sammy made a throwaway gross comment to freak someone out. It's only canon in the sense that "William Regal sticks toothbrushes up his arsehole" is canon.