Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

that's a lot of words that seems to be trying to hand wave away "you give us 10k, we give you 3k" as not being a terrible deal whatever way you look at it

Actually it's, "you give us 10 K, we give you 3k, then you give us back 3k, we give you 1k, and you give us back 1k" (so now you're staking 14k) which is what actually happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
gimme 2 10’s for a 5

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

trucutru posted:

Actually it's, "you give us 10 K, we give you 3k, then you give us back 3k, we give you 1k, and you give us back 1k" (so now you're staking 14k) which is what actually happened.

you don't get staking rewards for the loan collateral.

the point is that you give them 10k worth of eloncoins, they give a 3k ust loan, then you take that to a separate exchange and buy buy 3k more eloncoins
so it's basically a big stupid overcomplicated way to get "free" leverage if you're betting on eloncoin going up uP UP

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

we've got a candidate for delegate who apparently thinks crypto is just great and will solve everything. how? well, you see

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://twitter.com/MiaRSato/status/1528501604898447361

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

we've got a candidate for delegate who apparently thinks crypto is just great and will solve everything. how? well, you see

how does cryptocurrency solve literally any of those problems

like even if you accept that it's a currency, you're just saying "by changing everything to use Dollars 2.0, student loans will no longer be sold to wall street"

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

what bugs me about the bored ape yacht club is that the only one's with yachts are the ones running the racket

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

ah yes, the two crypto genders

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

you don't get staking rewards for the loan collateral.

e: you're right.

The rewards from the collateral staking are supposed to go to Anchor itself

trucutru fucked around with this message at 02:05 on May 23, 2022

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

akadajet posted:

what bugs me about the bored ape yacht club is that the only one's with yachts are the ones running the racket

it bugs me too that bored apes don’t even understand bitcoin exists to bring economic equality for all

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

40% of us bitcoin mining is on texas' overstrained grid

https://twitter.com/horatioalgorthm/status/1528162897129619456

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

men... and men too short so they can't reach the urinal

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The terra subreddit is something else. No more suicide hotline, they are trying to burn as much (of other people's) luna as possible to raise the price and then... to the moon! Currently fighting real hard to get to a price of 0.00025

180 million gone, only six and a half trillion to go.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

at this pace, we'll have 1/1000 burned in 2 months.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
By the way, some dudes are posting their wallets as "burn adresses" so that you burn your luna by sending them there.

I mean, 0.00025 is still 0.00025!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

even an empty wallet can be inspected

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

NLJP posted:

Vitalik is literally 'educated stupid' it feels like
I mean...

"He dropped out of university in 2014 when he was awarded with a grant of $100,000 from the Thiel Fellowship, a scholarship created by venture capitalist Peter Thiel and went to work on Ethereum full-time."

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
lmao. dropped out of university for less than half a year's salary

definitely a smart cookie

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Is Peter Thiel the mandolin guy?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
he's the literal vampire, he drinks young blood

idk about the mandolin though

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I was thinking of Chris Thile.

But I've been confusing those 2 not-very-similar names for awhile now....

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

ADINSX posted:

ah yes, the two crypto genders

should say "incels" and "manlets"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

trucutru posted:

By the way, some dudes are posting their wallets as "burn adresses" so that you burn your luna by sending them there.

I mean, 0.00025 is still 0.00025!

lmao

when you tell the homies to pour one out for the homie and lay down on the ground with mouth open

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

ultrafilter posted:

Often when a university goes bust those records disappear, so there is some value in having the data elsewhere, but I don't need to tell you that the good solution is not what the blockchainheads invented.

here we just have another uni take over their historical records.

or that's the theory anyway

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Alan Smithee posted:

:sbahj:

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

don't ever talk to men or my men ever again

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Alan Smithee posted:

someone already minted "coincel" in the gray thread :keke:

orange sky
May 7, 2007

this is the sort of volatility I like in my currency

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Mercury_Storm posted:

someone already minted "coincel" in the gray thread :keke:

I thought that was just MAGA Coin?

orange sky
May 7, 2007

lmfao

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
lol

Gubbinal Girl
Apr 11, 2022

The soul bound token is the latest example of cryptobros not understanding that you usually don't want an immutable database. There's all kinds of reasons that you'd want, or be legally required, to change information in a DB.

What happens if the SBT degree needs to be revoked due to cheating? What if the holder changes their legal name?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

it would be nice if we could stop destroying the planet with digital tulips.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Gubbinal Girl posted:

The soul bound token is the latest example of cryptobros not understanding that you usually don't want an immutable database. There's all kinds of reasons that you'd want, or be legally required, to change information in a DB.

What happens if the SBT degree needs to be revoked due to cheating? What if the holder changes their legal name?

judging by how key recovery works, you just get a majority of your cluster peers to vote on it and agree to do it, easy peasy and not at all subject to abuse or bias

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

the good news about the soul tokens thing is that if they aren't transferable they will be difficult to use for speculation and therefore will not catch on

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Gubbinal Girl posted:

They haven't thought of it at all beyond "Here's a thing that might help prop up my shitcoin again"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

what if success in life was predicated even more on your ability to network in college, but with bitcoin!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Chris Knight posted:

I mean...

"He dropped out of university in 2014 when he was awarded with a grant of $100,000 from the Thiel Fellowship, a scholarship created by venture capitalist Peter Thiel and went to work on Ethereum full-time."

god that explains a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Gubbinal Girl posted:

no backsies motherfucker