Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

tokin opposition posted:

...why is he supposed to blame himself exactly? Lib poo poo everywhere

Well you see if only he ate right and didn't eat and drink so many sugary things he obviously would never have gotten a toothache and wouldn't have committed murder, so he has nobody to blame but himself, no the health care system has nothing to do with anything that's just a distraction.

loquacius posted:

I guess people get radicalized because they're just bad, and saying one syllable more than that about the subject means you love them and think shootings are good and want to shoot everyone a second time or something

You're supposed to just blame mental illness and then do absolutely nothing to change how our current society contributes to that mental illness or how it's treated (or not treated). That's the American way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Black liberation movements, well known for never ever getting radical

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Like, even on an extremely base level the answer is "because these white supremacist hate groups are specifically targeting white people for recruitment for obvious reasons", it's just a stupid question

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 15:31 on May 22, 2022

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

really enjoying the diverse comics, nice to see stuff that isn't a Branco

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Cloks posted:

really enjoying the diverse comics, nice to see stuff that isn't a Branco

i get almost all from https://cartoonmovement.com , a Dutch website that is like a hub for international political cartoons, although from their Turkish content it feels a little
disconnected from the main cartooning cultures of their respective countries, somehow more online. if you really like some of them you can pay the cartoonist and/or license their content (I pay to license their content for all my posts, personally.)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

comic

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

the modernist baba yaga hut got a sensible chuckle out of me

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lol

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

C-SPAM > [Politurds] I'm science! Oooh ooh ooh aahh ahhh!

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Sherbert Hoover posted:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lol what the gently caress

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That looks more like Dubya than Fauci

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"barrel of faucis" doesn't remotely work as a pun, what is the goal there

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

loquacius posted:

fauci monkey

try saying it out loud, it's fun

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

a tank of tonies

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Sherbert Hoover posted:

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

loquacius posted:

They also realized two monkeys in that the monkeys can't both be linking arms and holding a syringe.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

loquacius posted:

It really is uncanny how people on the Internet manage to play a whole telephone game with themselves to twist any message with an implication they resent for whatever reason into something completely and wholly removed from its actual text so they can justify getting mad about it

There are 3 reasons for this:

1. Interpreting and twisting everyone else's message and then denouncing them for clout is the basic gameplay loop of social media in general and Twitter especially and all of the incentive structures bend towards that.

2. It's virtue signaling in the purest sense. On some level these people understand that the communities people fall into is largely a result of random factors of birth and circumstance, so they need to espouse even harder that they could have NEVER fallen down the nazi rabbithole because look at how much I denounce it! I denounce it the hardest!

3. It's a convenient excuse to never change anything because it might make a nazi's life a little easier as a side effect.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

loquacius posted:

Nobody outside your Twitter bubble knows who Stonetoss is and American comic strip history will not be defined by Internet poo poo George

Fuckin Penny Arcade isn't gonna be considered part of American comic strip history, let alone Stonetoss

Uhh, I was reliably informed that internet poo poo is very important, and that these internet men will have monuments dedicated to them in the future

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Retromancer posted:

3. It's a convenient excuse to never change anything because it might make a nazi's life a little easier as a side effect.

Oh god drat it you reminded me of the weird Twitter liberals who were against free college because rich people would also benefit from it.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Oh god drat it you reminded me of the weird Twitter liberals who were against free college because rich people would also benefit from it.

No one actually believes politics can improve society, so the best you can get out of it is that it will harm people you don't like and make them extremely angry. If you did something to help everyone it would do neither of those things, so that's like doing the opposite of politics.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

It's even dumber because rich kids don't go to public college, they go to special rich-kids-only schools and never talk to a peasant

If Donald Trump wants to send his kids to fuckin public state college, I will pay their tuition my goddamn self

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Rich people also drive on roads and use tap water. Makes you think.

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

the text post for this one doesn’t make any sense either, does it

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

:what:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Retromancer posted:

There are 3 reasons for this:

1. Interpreting and twisting everyone else's message and then denouncing them for clout is the basic gameplay loop of social media in general and Twitter especially and all of the incentive structures bend towards that.

a pretty loving big 1a, there are now many forms of part and full time employment that turn that directly into money for the poster

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

what in tarnation

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

lol just full on 'please go back to being quiet about this stuff but still do it, it makes my tummy hurt'

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

i agree

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

nonsense, this is an election year

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Ah yes, "I'm not that other person, who is bad," truly a winning strategy for the Dems. Look how well it worked for Hillary!

I guess it worked for Biden though so the Dems are even more motivated to continue it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Sherbert Hoover posted: