Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He had on super sunblock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro9daqsNtTY

:shepface:

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Awesome, we are one step closer to filling in literally everything that happens in the star wars universe between episode 1 and 9

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Rogue One was so mediocre, why do people care

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i'm just so tired of all these star wars

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
sooner or later we are going to get to the "and peace" proportion

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

i'm just so tired of all these star wars

Forget it, Luke, it's Star Wars

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

that's the pedophile, isn't it?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

This looks way better than I expected. Like, miles away from whatever I was thinking. That trailer gave me goosebumps, lmao.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Zzulu posted:

It's the best star wars movie since Empire.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

kiimo posted:

It's the best star wars movie since Empire.

Basically. I saw it when I was stationed in Afghanistan, really adds to the whole desert warfare environment of the first part of the movie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This is amazing. It’s such an ugly, cheap piece of crap, with the most generic kind of script, horrific set design, flat cinematography…this is what this man is reduced too. Lmao.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

kiimo posted:

So is this before Rogue One?

I mean, it would have to be, wouldn't it?

This was buried on the last page, but it looks so much better than I was expecting. Shame that I'm sure Kilmer won't be in it, but god loving dammit, I'm in.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Rogue One would have been better without the last scene leading straight into ANH. That was dumb as heck.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

thrawn527 posted:

This was buried on the last page, but it looks so much better than I was expecting. Shame that I'm sure Kilmer won't be in it, but god loving dammit, I'm in.

Honestly a better trailer than the LOTR show got.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Zzulu posted:

Rogue One is fine, you’re all mad.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

precision posted:

but i think it's more likely that in the 80s we were super stupid and paranoid of "starting anything" so why say they're Russians and make it look like we want to dogfight Russians? bad look in a cold war
Meanwhile by the 2000s we had Stealth, in which the US Navy commits straight-up unprovoked acts of war against at least four countries (two of then under the guise of the War on Terror, but invading Russian and North Korean airspace no matter the pretext and shooting down their legitimately defending aircraft and killing ground troops is a massive oops-oh-poo poo event).

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

we've finally found it, the female Tommy Wiseau

they said it wasn't possible

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

*Andor Pitch Meeting*

"So it's called Andor"
"Endor?"
"No, Andor"
"Well that won't be confusing at all!"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Shageletic posted:

we've finally found it, the female Tommy Wiseau

they said it wasn't possible

hahah yes i was thinking "well this is definitey the next The Room"

question is how do we make fun of it without giving them money

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

precision posted:

*Andor Pitch Meeting*

"So it's called Andor"
"Endor?"
"No, Andor"
"Well that won't be confusing at all!"

Is this part of the WoT EU?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lol

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

precision posted:

hahah yes i was thinking "well this is definitey the next The Room"

question is how do we make fun of it without giving them money

Piracy hasn’t gone away.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

*police are just out of frame

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He’s got the ol vampire gun. They don’t do well with reflections

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
loving LOLLLLLLLLLL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5UX1Adanis&t=97s

e. And that looks like the DIT or sound mixer's cart behind her

Dillbag fucked around with this message at 06:47 on May 27, 2022

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I suppose for the general public, cinema lights are less recognizable than a woman's razor for a sci-fi prop. They do kind of fit the Star Wars aesthetic. Annoying for anyone who has set foot on a set though.

Maybe we'll get to see an Arri Sun with the logo covered by Arubesh being used as a turbo laser or something.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Anakin’s saber is a camera flashgun. Using poo poo and pretending it’s fancy sci fi tech has always been Star Wars MO.

The camtono is a ice cream maker

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I suppose the difference that bothers me most is that, in prior cases, the items were modified or at least used in a different way. Here, we have an unmodified earth light acting as a light.

When James Cameron put a gun on a steadycam and called it an autogun, that was creative and resourceful. This feels like someone was too lazy to clean the set. Heck, the shot would look nicer without them.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
have you people consider that this character could be making movies in the world of star wars??? they have film too i think!!!

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
The light is fine. Looks industrial enough to be anything.

The c stand though is instantly recognizable. I don't think that's a DIT or sound cart behind her. I think that's a stretch. Especially since that person would be at their station.

Most likely scenario is that the shot just hasn't been through roto/cleanup yet?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Rogue One is the most nothing movie, I have no idea what people see in it other than I guess it's more gritty and realistic than Star Wars usually is, but the characters are completely paper thin even for Star Wars, no single scene matters to anything that comes after it, and it all ends up being completely pointless in the end anyway just so they can explain why there's a hole in the death star. Also the Peter Cushing stuff is ghoulish beyond belief. Absolute bollocks film.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 15:04 on May 27, 2022

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
If Star Wars were a TV series, Rogue One would be a very solid filler episode. It does its job well enough, but it doesn't amount to all that much.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
noticing that someone left a light in one shot and hooting and hollering with glee because of it doesn't make star wars any less obnoious, in fact, it kind of only makes it dumber. whoooooooo cares

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
And also... Nobody accidentally left that. I've been on quite a few movie sets as a VFX supe. Maybe something snuck in edge of frame from time to time that you had to paint out. But that light is intentional. Nobody is going to miss it in video village.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Hakkesshu posted:

Rogue One is the most nothing movie, I have no idea what people see in it other than I guess it's more gritty and realistic than Star Wars usually is, but the characters are completely paper thin even for Star Wars, no single scene matters to anything that comes after it, and it all ends up being completely pointless in the end anyway just so they can explain why there's a hole in the death star. Also the Peter Cushing stuff is ghoulish beyond belief. Absolute bollocks film.

I remember various pieces of that movie, which is far more than I can say for Solo, and it had Woody Harrelson!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Its a heat lamp.
You can see her breath.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
buncha goons gonna look dumb ITT when we're introduced to the new character, QT6-OOI

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Thaddius the Large posted:

I remember various pieces of that movie, which is far more than I can say for Solo, and it had Woody Harrelson!

I’m not defending Solo, that movie is a piece of poo poo too. But saying it’s the best movie since Empire is just stupid, since no matter how much you dislike Ewoks or whatever, the confrontation scene between Luke and Vader in ROTJ alone has way more going on on an emotional, cinematic, and thematical level than anything in Rogue One. But oh man it has Vader being a badass at the end, VERY COOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hakkesshu posted:

saying it’s the best movie since Empire is just stupid

:lol: the trailer thread never ceases to cause arguments over opinions